10 16.95%
  • Fantastic Four (2005)

30 50.85%
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

17 28.81%
  • Fantastic Four (2015)

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What's the best of the four Fantastic Four films?

It's been a year and a half since the last, what is in your opinion the best and the worst of each?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I remember quite enjoying Rise of the Silver Surfer.

Mighty Member

The 2005 movie. It's the one that got the FF most right. Chiklis and Evens flat out were Ben and Johnny stepping off the comic page onto the movie screen.

Rise of the Silver Surfer is quite enjoyable.

Fantastic Member

Rise of the silver is the God dam awful, the ending of the film destroyed any good in that film. One of the worst ending to a film ever

The first one with Evans as Johnny Storm. I loved Torch as a kid as I'm sure many others did too, but seeing him in live action was perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The 2005 movie. It's the one that got the FF most right. Chiklis and Evens flat out were Ben and Johnny stepping off the comic page onto the movie screen.
    I agree.

Astonishing Member

Unfortunately is the best of a bad bunch situation. The 1994 version didn't get any form of official release. Fant4stic is almost Fantastic Four in name only. While Silver Surfer has its moments (the team are actually proactive in the plot) the climax doesn't really work due to realising the villain as a giant cloud. The 2005 film is probably the most faithful and well acted of the four films, with a pre-Captain America Chris Evans the MVP IMO. Silver Surfer did have a brilliant Stan Lee cameo though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriveling_memo View Post
    Rise of the silver is the God dam awful, the ending of the film destroyed any good in that film. One of the worst ending to a film ever
    Opinions buddy, opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Unfortunately is the best of a bad bunch situation. The 1994 version didn't get any form of official release. Fant4stic is almost Fantastic Four in name only. While Silver Surfer has its moments (the team are actually proactive in the plot) the climax doesn't really work due to realising the villain as a giant cloud. The 2005 film is probably the most faithful and well acted of the four films, with a pre-Captain America Chris Evans the MVP IMO. Silver Surfer did have a brilliant Stan Lee cameo though.
    That's a good eighty percent of why it is the best one.

Rise of the Silver Surfer.

BANNED

Fantastic Four 2005 I liked Rise of the Silver Surfer as well.

Fantastic Member

Why did you include a movie that was never released and almost no one has seen? I know it's well-known among a certain group but who here has seen it? I did see a lot of it on Youtube years ago and while the acting and effects sucked, I remember it was pretty faithful to the source material and Doom seemed more like Doom.

I liked the 2005 movie and it's sequel well enough as mindless entertainment but I think Rise of the Silver Surfer was a bit better for me. The new one was pure garbage.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 01-04-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Fantastic Four (2015) is the best of all the bad films.
    Exactly. It was the least bad actual movie out of them all. Getting the characters 'right' doesn't weigh into my evaluation of it.

Extraordinary Member

I mistakenly voted for the 94' flick.

But I really liked the '05 and the actual Silver Surfer in Rise.

I'm still mad at myself for even watching the 2015 FF movie, that's how much I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I mistakenly voted for the 94' flick.

But I really liked the '05 and the actual Silver Surfer in Rise.

I'm still mad at myself for even watching the 2015 FF movie, that's how much I hated it.
    Funny thing about the 2015 movie is that the initial critical reviews were bad to the point that I initially decided to just pass on it and wait for it on Redbox.

But it was SOOOO bad and everyone was talking about it SOOOOO much I ended up seeing it just to see what all the buzz was about. That was the only time I ever saw a movie to see how BAD it was, but I almost felt I had to since every comic book friend I knew was talking about how bad it was non-stop. And it definately lived up to the hype.

Anyways, 2005. It's dated by todays standards as the bar has been raised pretty high since then but at the time it was enjoyable enough. Not great but fun.