Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I also thought Wolverine could shoot electricity from his claws, which was built on my previous misconception that he could shoot lasers from his claws from the arcade game. Another one based on a video game was that Beast could cause earthquakes.

It also confused me that Nightcrawler was in a lot of video games and merchandise in the X-Men when at the time he was in Excalibur, I guess he was too popular to leave out. The same could be said for Cyclops in X-Factor, particularly his blue and white costume.

My first issue was one where Mastermind made Madelyne Pryor act like Dark Phoenix, which was extra-confusing to me at the time.

A short time later I re-entered the fandom with the iconic 90's X-Men #1, but I didn't really pay attention to the immediately preceding continuity so a lot of references to it would confuse me. For example a big one was the O5 being in X-Factor, as I kept thinking mentions of it were in reference to Havok's team.

For a more minor one, I thought Sabretooth had an adamantium skeleton all along but he actually didn't get one until 1998.

It also confused me when Iceman was granted access to a pure solid ice-guy form, as I thought he had been turning into ice all along rather than coating his human form with ice.

When telepathic/telekinetic energy was represented with pink/green/various color-looking energy effects, I wondered if that energy was visible to everyone.
    Last edited by Rising7; 01-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Also thought Storm was one of the weakest X Men because anytime she got in a fight she used to just pass out and fall out the sky.
    I think in terms of durability the ranking was: Rogue, Storm, Jubilee and then Jean who would pass out from pretty much anything

I read the comics and saw the cartoons and thought Mystique was a villain little did I know she was Jennifer Lawrence all along.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I read the comics and saw the cartoons and thought Mystique was a villain little did I know she was Jennifer Lawrence all along.
    I'm confused. If she's Jennifer Lawrence, than you were right about her being a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I was pronouncing Psylocke wrong till X-Men: Apocalypse came out. I'm pretty sure I'm mispronouncing a lot of names in comics.
    Oh wow yeah I pronounced it fi-slock in Jr. High for a good long while until a buddy finally corrected me. #ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    - The original X-Men arcade beat 'em up, while a blast to play, really confused my then eight-years-old head about how the X-Men's powers actually worked.

- It was a LONG while before I realized that Rogue's Superman-esque powers weren't naturally hers.

- My introduction to Psylocke in the comics was in the X-Men volume 2 arc where Spiral and Matsuo reveal what exactly happened to make her into her new form. It was like looking at an assembled jigsaw puzzle with no picture on it.
    Totally! Has Colossus ever done the BRAAAUGH thing in the comics with some sort of energy field expanding outward in a bubble? Going from memory of the old arcade game that was his main power right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    What? How is that not true? Are you being sarcastic or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Yeah I'm lost too. Because that's exactly what I thought it was.
    I mis-typed .... sorry. My brain helps me out too much that I didn't say exactly what I meant.

While the person writing it, knew the PF is an entity, however they assumed it was a female entity. I thought it or maybe its a misconception on my part that the PF is gender neutral. That is it neither female or male but when inhabiting the body, uses that persons voice. So, if the character is female, has a female voice. If male, has a male voice. Maybe I'm all wrong and again, sorry gang. I didn't realize I wasn't making sense. LOL
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I mis-typed .... sorry. My brain helps me out too much that I didn't say exactly what I meant.

While the person writing it, knew the PF is an entity, however they assumed it was a female entity. I thought it or maybe its a misconception on my part that the PF is gender neutral. That is it neither female or male but when inhabiting the body, uses that persons voice. So, if the character is female, has a female voice. If male, has a male voice. Maybe I'm all wrong and again, sorry gang. I didn't realize I wasn't making sense. LOL
    Tbh I think the Phoenix kinda "identifies" as female though lol. She sometimes appeared as Jean Grey. I mean, like that:

And the fact most hosts outside of the P5 are women(with some connection to Jean). Jean, Rachel, Hope, Maddie, The Cuckoos. The most relevant male host would be Scott... But the Phoenix even seemed to have some feelings for him thanks to her time being Jean.

there you go! my misconception. LOL I guess I never caught on that the PF identified more as female.

Edit: I suppose while PF inhabited females more often than males. With the P5 ... my thought was that Scott would not sound like a woman. He would still sound like himself but have additional powers that the PF provides.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Neko; 01-04-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    there you go! my misconception. LOL I guess I never caught on that the PF identified more as female.

Edit: I suppose while PF inhabited females more often than males. With the P5 ... my thought was that Scott would not sound like a woman. He would still sound like himself but have additional powers that the PF provides.

Thanks!
    That's more of an interpretation though. Technically, the Phoenix is still a genderless entity I guess... But yeah you're right that it has the voice of the host lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I think in terms of durability the ranking was: Rogue, Storm, Jubilee and then Jean who would pass out from pretty much anything
    Well Jubilee had the powers of running away and being captured lol. She was still my favourite character. Storm seemed to use her powers for a minute and do something cool then fall out the sky because she's too tired and yeah Jean just had to look at the bad guys and she'd pass out.

Rogue was pretty much a complete badass.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Well Jubilee had the powers of running away and being captured lol. She was still my favourite character. Storm seemed to use her powers for a minute and do something cool then fall out the sky because she's too tired and yeah Jean just had to look at the bad guys and she'd pass out.

Rogue was pretty much a complete badass.
    Yes. Jubes' specialty was kidnapping but she was still more durable than Jean who passed out from her own powers, fighting bad guys, power cords and her own feet. Storm lasted a whole lot longer than Jean but Rogue I think got KO'd the least of the female X-Men.

BANNED

Scott was the resident pilot of the x men in the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That's more of an interpretation though. Technically, the Phoenix is still a genderless entity I guess... But yeah you're right that it has the voice of the host lol.
    I think of it as more of a Supreme Force that encompasses all genders.

In "Pryde of the x-men" the original x-men cartoon pilot, for some reason they gave Wolverine an Australian accent. So I thought he was an Aussie for quite a while before finding out he was Canadian.

I remember wondering why he didn't have an Auatralian animal as his code name, I mean he could have been called Dingo, or Wombat, or something.