Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Unworthy Thor #3 SPOILERS

- Preview with the typical Thor breaks out, gets beat on, put back in jail, unworthy self loathing. He is in prison with the Thori

- Thor gets pissed, breaks his chains again, is about to break out of hte cell with Bill arrives. HE was captured as well and finally broke free.

- Bill mentions a hammer. It sets Thor off into Warrior Madness and he proceeds to beat the shit out of Bill.

- Proxima and Swan arrive wit the "shadowy robe tracker guy" looking for the hammer. The robe guy refuses to be seen by Thor and teleports them to the hammer they are looking for.

- The energy from the Ultimate Hammer is building. the goons fear it will break the ship. The Collector doesn't care as long as he can have it, as with it he can collect worlds.

- Proxima shows up and wants to kill Collector. Collector basically goes "lol im an eternal" and blasts them

- The hammer reacts again. Collector knows Thor is coming once again.

- Back ti Thor and BRB. They free Thori and the Goat. Thor cuts his hair (lol) and they prepare to head fo rthe hammer. and FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY... Thor is returning to us. Direct quote...

"The think me weak because I am Unworthy. Let them. I am still a God and more than a God. I am Asguardian born. The Blood-son of Odin. The Lord of the Storm and raging Thunder. And i'll be damned if I need a hammer in order to raise some hell"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

My only issue with this issue (err) is the fact the "im super depressed and I suck" to "F IT IM THORRRR!!!!!!" came out of nowhere honestly.

Dude was in full "whoop BRB ass bc he mentioned muh hammer!" to "im ready to kick ass" in what seemed like a flip of the switch.

maybe I need to read it again

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Worked for me. the biggest relief was the art didn't suck. Indeed its pretty good. The splash page at the end still steals the book though.

Thori is an odd choice, and so far his voice has been so inconsistent it feels like whoever writes him thinks he is easy to write but this doesn't feel like Gillen's Thori and neither was Marguerite Bennett's. He has certainly grown though, which suits his place here well. Lets lobby for The Adventures of Thori and Beta-Ray Bill and hand the writing duties off to somebody with an ear for wry dark-comedy and hyperbole.

We still don't have many clues to the robed figure but it isn't Black Swan, so the solicits were not spoiling. It still feels like they are hinting about Gor but I don't think it can be. The spiky shadowy power set certainly suggests the same powers though. That power came from a dead dark god. The person seems to be green and clearly Thor would know that person. My thinking now is Shardrak, the one time God of Wine and Waterfalls, which may have been misdirection.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Worked for me. the biggest relief was the art didn't suck. Indeed its pretty good. The splash page at the end still steals the book though.

Thori is an odd choice, and so far his voice has been so inconsistent it feels like whoever writes him thinks he is easy to write but this doesn't feel like Gillen's Thori and neither was Marguerite Bennett's. He has certainly grown though, which suits his place here well. Lets lobby for The Adventures of Thori and Beta-Ray Bill and hand the writing duties off to somebody with an ear for wry dark-comedy and hyperbole.

We still don't have many clues to the robed figure but it isn't Black Swan, so the solicits were not spoiling. It still feels like they are hinting about Gor but I don't think it can be. The spiky shadowy power set certainly suggests the same powers though. That power came from a dead dark god. The person seems to be green and clearly Thor would know that person. My thinking now is Shardrak, the one time God of Wine and Waterfalls, which may have been misdirection.
    I read it rather quickly. So I could have missed some subtle things.

Yes, that splash page was on point.

Just finished the letters page. The continuing saga of this mini's art: next issue Coipel, Ribic, Irving and Daughterman.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read it rather quickly. So I could have missed some subtle things.

Yes, that splash page was on point.
    I think I was just in the right headspace. This felt like the bottom of the slump both in the five issue arc and the structure of the narrative. We see the despair but on the other hand we see action. We don't see a totally defeated figure, we see an emotionally defeated one that is still angry and in need of people that believe in him. Beta-Ray is enough believers for any god surely.

Astonishing Member

and FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY... Thor is returning to us. Direct quote...

"The think me weak because I am Unworthy. Let them. I am still a God and more than a God. I am Asguardian born. The Blood-son of Odin. The Lord of the Storm and raging Thunder. And i'll be damned if I need a hammer in order to raise some hell"
    Love this, finally.

I Reading Latest of Unworthy Thor #3 Ultimate Mjolnir Power Power Grows Stronger everyday Might Continues Growing at this Rate Tear The Entire Ship.

Man That Ultimate Mjolnir More Unstoppable Fear Some Than Original Mjolnir

Them What The Point For Thor Getting his Original Mjolnir From Future Thor Vs Necro Loki From Civil War 2 Ulysses version future.

Bendis Make More Mistake Mess Again.
    Last edited by genji; 01-04-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post

My theory is Hela. She wears solid green, and they use the black font surround, with Asgardian lettering for her sometimes. Also the bit about "reclaiming my..."could be referring to her kingdom.
    "Self has no time for this."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    My theory is Hela. She wears solid green, and they use the black font surround, with Asgardian lettering for her sometimes. Also the bit about "reclaiming my..."could be referring to her kingdom.
    what happened to Hela where she would need to reclaim Hel?

BANNED

SHe did with a threat reigning over her head from ANgela.

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

Angela took over as queen briefly last year by passing a series of tests to get her girlfriend back from the dead. Then Angela immediately quit, and installed Balder as regent. That was in Angela, Queen of Hel. As far as I know that's how things still stand, although I'm a bit behind in my reading.

Thanks for the initial review btw. I don't have anything of substance to add, as I'm in mourning for his pretty hair. Also, I hate the leg bandages, but otherwise the art was stellar.
    "Self has no time for this."

I do think that is something we are supposed to guess at. It would feel wrong to me that Hela would hide. Maybe.

I just have this feeling about Shardrak. Never trusted him. Wine and Waterfalls = Oblivion to me.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-04-2017 at 11:55 AM.

the writing doesn't mean anything to me as long as Copiel is drawing. both Thors have been very fortunate; art-wise.

I also suspected it's Hela. The black spikes used to attack the guards are very similar in form to the spikes on her crown.