Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    the writing doesn't mean anything to me as long as Copiel is drawing. both Thors have been very fortunate; art-wise.
    Copiel is a good artist but he does have one major flaw when drawing Thor. He draws one damn ugly Thor and always has! Yeah I know it's a bit superficial to go on about how he looks but I just can't understand why Coipiel draws him like a Neanderthal with the big forehead and flat nose.

Can't believe that in a scene with Beta Ray Bill that Bill would be considered the looker of the two!

Ok apologies for the little rant but I just had to get it out.Couldnt hold back any longer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Mmm... I have google it, it's FF #339. I'm not sure Reed's device negated Gladiator's super-speed; it was more a time travel device that Gladiator was able to counter by shifting to the right dimensional frequency than real super-speed, so I'm not sure Thor was using a cheat during that fight...
    As I recall from reading the issue, Reeds device effectively allows them to move so fast that the rest of the world seems to be standing still. Hyperion is using what he calls hyper speed to return from a distant planet and so he is able to see Thor and the FF.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Copiel is a good artist but he does have one major flaw when drawing Thor. He draws one damn ugly Thor and always has! Yeah I know it's a bit superficial to go on about how he looks but I just can't understand why Coipiel draws him like a Neanderthal with the big forehead and flat nose.

Can't believe that in a scene with Beta Ray Bill that Bill would be considered the looker of the two!

Ok apologies for the little rant but I just had to get it out.Couldnt hold back any longer.
    I hear what your saying. Sometimes he draws Thir like he stepped off the side of an Ancient Greek pot.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    As I recall from reading the issue, Reeds device effectively allows them to move so fast that the rest of the world seems to be standing still. Hyperion is using what he calls hyper speed to return from a distant planet and so he is able to see Thor and the FF.
    That sounds about right apart from it was Gladiator not Hyperion so he was probably using ... uh, Gladi speed rather than hyper speed.

I'll be disappointed if Thor DOESNT beat Gladiator, but it shouldn't happen because G is a pushover.

Also, Jane Foster hasn't fought any of the opponents mentioned above.
    T.445 1.jpg
    T.445 2.jpg
    T.445 3.jpg

How quickly we forget Eric MAsterson's dismantling of Gladiator In Thor V.1#445

Silver Surfer was destroyed along with Beta Ray Bill simultaneously in *Silver Surfer V.1 #86* during Blood and Thunder

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordodin1973 View Post
    T.445 1.jpg
    T.445 2.jpg
    T.445 3.jpg

Silver Surfer was destroyed along with Beta Ray Bill simultaneously in *Silver Surfer V.1 #86* during Blood and Thunder
    I was thinking that, too. Also, Thor fought Gladiator during the Dan Jurgens' run.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordodin1973 View Post
    T.445 1.jpg
    T.445 2.jpg
    T.445 3.jpg

I admit I never read more than parts of Blood and Thunder. After being spoiled by Simonson subsequent writers left me less than satisfied until the JMS run started.

The whole Eric storyline didn't impress me much either. As I recall Loki took down Bill with a single attack. But fair enough, it's a win.

What I do know of B&T is that Thor had the warrior madness, which removes any restraint. Certainly in his most recent fight with the Surfer, when Galactus attacked Asgard, there was no clear victor after an extended battle on the surface of Mars.

However, knowing there are gaps in my knowledge I have acted to fill them. Apparently Thor [the actual one] has fought Gladiator previously. Also with a definitive result. Is this from Blood and Thunder as well?

Last edited by brettc1; 01-12-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Also found this from the Simonson fight in FF #335.

Remembering this fight really made me unhappy with the battle between Thor and Superman in the Avengers/JLA Teamup. Thor does NOT fight stupid and just walk into a heat vision blast.

Last edited by brettc1; 01-12-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Talking about the Superman fight just brings back bad memories. I still remember how excited I was to finally see JLA/Avengers get printed only to see one of my favourite heroes Thor, get brutally knocked out and lying half naked,face down in the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    Yeah, the focus on Hel in this issue as well as the obvious resemblance between the spikes and Hela's helmet suggests it's a red herring.

It's really been too long since I read the God-Butcher, I had forgotten most about Shardrak. Either him or Gorr fits better into the bigger story Jason is telling than if it's Hela. We'll soon see...and I have to revisit the God-Butcher again!
    I still think it winds up being Gorr.

Uh, so does Odinson apologize for attacking Bill unprovoked? Can Odinson use Stormbreaker?
    Where is all of this going?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Uh, so does Odinson apologize for attacking Bill unprovoked? Can Odinson use Stormbreaker?
    Somewhere interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Anyone who can lift it should be able to use Stormbreaker. There was never an enchantment on it to make it solely Bill's.

Anyone who can lift it should be able to use Stormbreaker. There was never an enchantment on it to make it solely Bill's.
    Stormbreaker had worthy enchantment.

Beta Ray Bill – Godhunter #2 <<< Check That Comic

The Story Beta Ray Bill become Unworthy can't lift lift his Hammer Stormbreaker Later he learn a Lesson to be Humble Patient Respect plus with No Revenge with Forgiveness those kill his all family them he able lift Stormbreaker Now That will Happen to Odinson To in Unworthy Thor Story He Become Humble easy lift Ultimate Mjolnir and Original Mjolnir.

In Future 2099 i saw in Deadpool #6 story flash back of Future of Original Thor Holding Ultimate Mjolnir.

http://i.imgur.com/ynwVLZk.jpg

Is said 100% is Thor from wiki show in flashback only !

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Deadpool_Vol_4_6
    Last edited by genji; 01-17-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Unworthy Thor #5 Cover

Thor Vs Thanos from Getting Ultimate Mjolnir

http://wegotthiscovered.com/wp-conte...opy-226085.jpg