Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    I also suspected it's Hela. The black spikes used to attack the guards are very similar in form to the spikes on her crown.
    Yes but this person seems to have green skin.

why introduce so many cloaked figures?

kinda odd

you have Fury on the moon, teasing Gorr, then this mysterious person.

I doubt Proxima would call Hela "dog"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Anybody remember the very first preview of Unworthy Thor? That preview was basically an extended, and grander, version of the opening of this issue. Anybody know what happened to those pages?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Anybody remember the very first preview of Unworthy Thor? That preview was basically an extended, and grander, version of the opening of this issue. Anybody know what happened to those pages?
    Are these not the first few pages of Issue 1

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Are these not the first few pages of Issue 1
    That is what I thought unless there was a preview i missed

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ciriaco View Post
    I also suspected it's Hela. The black spikes used to attack the guards are very similar in form to the spikes on her crown.
    Yeah, I feel it's Hela as well. The spikes of her power and when she mentions "reclaiming her..." Plus her desire not to be seen by Thor. Just has me thinking this way.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I read it rather quickly. So I could have missed some subtle things.

Yes, that splash page was on point.
    Yep, that final page was perfect! And I could totally see Thor feeling completely down and out and unworthy and worthy of all the hate and unworthiness showered upon him, by others and himself. It happens. Depression man. He's been through a lot and self-doubts, and questions and internal conflict. Oh yes. But then to battle with his brother and feel this rage take over and realize that he no longer is the Thor of old, but now must forge ahead anew. He is still Thor, at his core. But his previous life is over and he will be true to himself and show that no matter what has gone on, he will claim that hammer, not because it will make him worthy or Thor, but because it belongs to no one else. And he understands now that he no longer needs the hammer to make him who he is, but will use the hammer to carryout who he is...worthy. He is Thor with or without a hammer. But no one else is deserving of that hammer.

My take on it anyway.

Great issue, fantastic art and I'm so looking forward to next issue plus the additional artist!! Whoo!!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Extraordinary Member

I wouldn't want to mess with Thor :O

Niffleheim

Thori's talk of Home, Hel-Hound, Hel-Wolf and now the talk of the cloaked figure being Hela makes me doubt that it is her. Gorr is still

I can't believe there is 2 issues remaining, the story is ready to conclude IMO
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Why does Thanos, The Collector and the hooded figure want the hammer so badly? How could ultimates mjolnir serve as any use to an Elder of the Universe and Thanos, who's just a touch under SkyFather in terms of power. What's the deal with this hammer?
    Last edited by lordodin1973; 01-04-2017 at 08:40 PM.

What if the hooded figure is someone from the Ultimate universe, since the hammer is?

BANNED

collectors statement that Thor's hammer could enable him to collect universes doesn't make sense as this hammer doesn't provide that kind of power unless it is actually a god dooms construct and may hold the power of beyonders or their essence or if it is ultimate Thor's hammer then maybe it survived end times and secret war by absorbing all the ambient energies released during these events which may have led to its exponentially growing power potential.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-04-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    collectors statement that Thor's hammer could enable him to collect universes doesn't make sense as this hammer doesn't provide that kind of power unless it is actually a god dooms construct and may hold the power of beyonders or their essence or if it is ultimate Thor's hammer then maybe it survived end times and secret war by absorbing all the ambient energies released during these events which may have led to its exponentially growing power potential.
    That what exactly What i Thinking Might Become More Powerfull than his Original Hammer.

So I am guessing the original Mjolnir was not meant for Thor and he was never worthy (papa odin cheated fake worthy for him).

Still curious as to why Ultimate Mjolnir reacts to Odinson.
    Last edited by genji; 01-05-2017 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordodin1973 View Post
    Why does Thanos, The Collector and the hooded figure want the hammer so badly? How could ultimates mjolnir serve as any use to an Elder of the Universe and Thanos, who's just a touch under SkyFather in terms of power. What's the deal with this hammer?
    Well, in story reason from this series is that the hammer is producing some ridiculously powerful energy.

I don't think it si 100% to transfer "ultimate mjolnirs" feats onto this hammer. It is something new after surviving SW.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    He says "I would collect entire worlds". Which I think would be possible. He is already powerful.

Thanos and The Collector are being used as dramatic foils in this story. Each has motives far less worthy for us to contrast with Thor, indeed Beta-Ray Bill is also a foil, he is the steadfast analogue of who Thor used to be. Their fight highlights how Beta-Ray and Stormbreaker are a match for a god.

In the classic sense the only antagonist here is the cloaked figure. Thematically Aaron is drawing parrellels with Gor, so it would be duplicitous of him not to have that figure be related to Gor in someway. Aaron is a solid writer, his crafting is usually quite traditional. He pays things off properly and sticks to his plan when he is able to.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 01-05-2017 at 06:07 AM.