Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Jude Law Isn't Mar-Vell...So Who's He Playing?

BANNED

Default Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel - Trailer 2

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I LOVE the HELMET MASK!!
    No eyes visible YES!!!!
    At 0:49 the eyes were visible!

I LIKE Brie Larson's VOICE! (doesn't sound like cringy tough tomboy girl, phew!)
    Sooooo GRATEFUL that that is still the case!

The trailer was fine except at the end. To me the ending was lame with the posing and powering up.
    It should have shown Binary blasting away like the artist Paul Smith drew the character doing so in Uncanny X-Men #166
    "Live Free or Die!"
    On the Brood colonized world Madrizar, a recently captured Acanti is infected with the Brood slaver virus.
    Suddenly, the Brood all turn at a bright light in the sky. It is the last thing they see.

Binary unleashes her FULL FURY upon the world, and DEVASTATES the Brood utterly!

From Uncanny X-Men #166. Art by Paul Smith http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_paul_smith/
    Between 1:52-1:58, I got my wish!

Here's to Marvel Studios having the decency to acknowledge that they have the to me esteemed writer Chris Claremont and the late GREAT Dave Cockrum, to THANK for having created BINARY!

BANNED

Default 'Captain Marvel' Theory Explains How Mar-Vell Could Appear in the Movie

BANNED

Captain Lion King

BANNED

Default Captain Marvel Risks Creating A Winter Soldier Plot Hole

Astonishing Member

Those pages from 1960s Captain Marvel underscore how Don Heck was a good storyteller/artist for that era. He really had that 60s pop-art sensibility. His characters were never going to have that poster-pose quality of a John Buscema or JIm Lee, but the storytelling was clear -- characters were posed as you would expect -- something a lot of modern artists (mostly the one who learned by copying 90s Image Comics artists) fail at miserably. That said -- by the 80s his work just looked -- horrible. He probably could have continued doing breakdowns, but needed a very strong finisher to elevate his work.

BANNED

To me, another artist who went the same route was Herb Trimpe.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT John Buscema!!!

Yon-Rogg has taken Carol Danvers to an abandoned Kree outpost on Earth,
    where there is a Psyche-Magnitron, a device that has long since been banned by the Kree empire.

Yon-Rogg uses the device to create a Mandroid robot.
    When Mar-Vell arrives to save Carol,

he has to face both the Mandroid and Yon-Rogg.
    From Captain Marvel #18. Art by John Buscema https://13thdimension.com/13-covers-...celebration-4/

NOTE: In this issue, Carol Danvers' exposure to the exploding Psyche-Magnitron would be the source of the powers that would cause her to become the super-heroine Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

It was heartwarming to read that the comicbook character Carol Danvers recalls being saved by the comicbook character Mar-Vell, at his grave.
    Marvel Fanfare #24 Jan 1986
    "Elegy"
    After being introduced to Captain Marvel, Binary finds out that Captain Mar-Vell has died.

Carol bursts out of the mansion and into space. We next see her on Titan, having spoken to Mentor and learned where to find Mar-Vell's grave.

As she pays respects without crying, she recalls her experiences and feelings for him from her days as security chief at Cape Canaveral.

The story implies a stronger relationship between the two than seen in Ms. Marvel #19
    but it seems to be more about the fact that she has Kree genetics and that Mar-vell abandoned his people for Earth and made himself an outcast,
    and of course he was also "cosmic" so she saw in him some similarities that might have helped her cope with what she's become.

Script by Chris Claremont, pencils by David Ross, inks by Bob Wiacek.
    http://happybday.to/Chris-Claremont
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/novembe...hris-claremont

BANNED

Default Is Jude Law's Character A Kree Or A Skrull Spy?

BANNED

Ms. Marvel #21 Dec 1978
    "The Devil in the Dark"
    Continued from last issue... Ms. Marvel is dumped in the holding cell where all the prisoners of the Lizard People have been taken.
    There she finds the soldiers as well as Sharon Cole.
    Ms. Marvel promises them that she will try to free them.

Soon, Ms. Marvel is brought before the Lizard People who's leader Aracht'yr,

tells her that he cannot let her and the others go, as human knowledge of the Lizard People will be the end of their society.
    Ms. Marvel decides to prove them otherwise, and attacks the city, and eventually kills their greatest warrior: The Guardian.

Having shown the full extent of her power, she demands that the leader of the Lizard People lets them go or she will destroy their home.
    Aracht'yr concedes, and for that Ms. Marvel promises that they will keep the Lizard People's society a secret.

After returning home, she finds a present from the Lizard People waiting in her apartment
    - a small lizard to remind her that she holds the future of the Lizard People in her hands.

Dave Cockrum and Al Milgrom art. Chris Claremont script.

Astonishing Member

It's too bad that Bob Wiacek couldn't have inked both of Cockrum's issues. I have a feeling the Milgrom inks were a last-minute choice in order to meet a deadline. Milgrom's style really doesn't mesh well at all with Cockrum's pencils.

Astonishing Member

Brie would not have been my pick for CM, but there haven't been a lot of casting choices that floated my boat -- including the guy playing Captain America. They are all fine, but I think only Robert Downey Junior and Jeremy Renner wowed me.