Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Talking My Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary and Warbird CELEBRATION!

Happy 2017 everyone!

Commencing with the following anniversaries;

Captain Mar-Vell 1967, 50th anniversary

Marvel Super Heroes #12 origin and first appearance of Captain Mar-Vell

Ms. Marvel 1977, 40th anniversary

Ms. Marvel # 1 first appearance of the super-powered Carol Danvers

BANNED

Captain Marvel 1982, 35th anniversary

Captain Marvel made a high-profile debut in the 1982 Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 16.
    Right off the bat, Marvel was treating this character as someone that they wanted to be seen, and having her appear for the first time in a Spider-Man story was the perfect way to get fans’ attention onto her.

Binary 1982, 35th anniversary

In the 1982 Uncanny X-Men # 164 issue readers got to meet the new and improved Carol Danvers aka BINARY!

Leave it to Chris Claremont to rescue and restore the former Ms. Marvel to new and greater glory!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-05-2017 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel # 1 Jan 1977
    "This Woman, This Warrior"

Carol Danvers meets Peter Parker, J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, and battles the Scorpion when she gets a job at the Daily Bugle as a fashion editor.

And the first volume of the first Captain Marvel series with the current and most prominent Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers, is gonna have it's 5th anniversary.

We saw Carol Danvers with the Captain Marvel mantle for the first time in 2012 Captain Marvel #1.

BANNED

Captain Marvel # 48 Jan 1977
    "Crucible!"

Captain Mar-Vell battles a Kree Sentry and the Cheetah in "Crucible!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So these anniversaries are all multiples of 5. Awesome. And yeah, Monica Rambeau's first appearance being in a Spider-Man comic. Did not know that one. Thanks, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I'd love some of those covers modernized with Carol in mind especially those Mar-Vell ones

art by Mark Brooks

There is one itty bitty problem with your first issue of Ms.Marvel #1 dated January 1977. Comic books, for decades, have been dated 2 months in advance! So...I believe that first issue of Ms.Marvel actually came out in November of 1976...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So these anniversaries are all multiples of 5. Awesome. And yeah, Monica Rambeau's first appearance being in a Spider-Man comic. Did not know that one. Thanks, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    You're welcome. Marvel comics repeated their strategy of making use of a Spider-Man comic 30 years later.

To me it goes to show how popular Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man who celebrates his 55th anniversary in 2017 always has been.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I must admit I've missed seeing images of Carol's Ms Marvel look, although I do like her current costume (her hair, ironically, is the one area I'd improve on in terms of her look, maybe have it still relatively short but maybe a little bit longer? I don't know LOL) ANYWAY, it makes for nice nostalgia to see images of her old look.

Astonishing Member

Brooks is one of the few to make her new outfit look decent, IMHO. I don't like the blue leotard -- too Captain America and generic. And here the short hair works much better than the too-short style she was/is sporting. Another thing that bugs me is how the star shape blurs into the stripes.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

CAPTAIN MARVEL CAROL - the best
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

A very nice celebration!
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Wow, me likey this thread!

I love those old stories, especially Carol's first book.

I prefer Carol as Ms Marvel or as Binary.