Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Ms. Marvel #5 May 1977
    Bridge of No Return
    Ms. Marvel origin re-cap;

Ms. Marvel tries to stop a new Stark super-truck carrying radioactive cargo before disaster strikes,

but she has to go through the Vision to do it;

Cameos by Captain Mar-Vell and Spider-Man's J. Jonah Jameson.

BANNED

Captain Marvel #50 May 1977
    "To Begin Anew!"
    The Super-Adaptoid is back! And after being accidentally set free during the events of Iron Man #91, the alien A.I.M. construct prepares to return to business!
    That is…the business of destroying the Avengers! First, the Adaptoid ambushes the golden avenger at Stark Industries

and then a short time later charges into Avengers Mansion! Earth's Mightiest Heroes bravely fight off the android's surprise attack,
    but eventually fall one by one to the Adaptoid's mimicking powers!
    Fortunately though, earlier in the evening Jarvis attended one of Rick Jones' concerts and invited him back to the mansion for a chat.
    Once Rick sees the battle in progress, he summons the Kree Warrior!

The Beast, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Captain America, and Captain Mar-Vell vs. the Super-Adaptoid! Avengers (plus one) Assemble!

Cameo appearances by Ronan and Minerva (first appearance). Flashback cameos by Chronos, Zeus, and Mentor.
    Avengers Lineup: Beast, Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and the Vision.
    Notes: The Super-Adaptoid previously appeared in Iron Man #51 and returns to battle the Avengers again in Marvel Two-in-One #75

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Just found this very cool drawing of all the characters related to Mar-Vell's legacy. Thought I should post here. I still want Marvel to make an actual team out of this. It'd be kick ass.

BANNED

..characters related to Mar-Vell's legacy
    MARVELOUS statement!

Acknowledging the comicbook characters Monica Capitan Maravilla Rambeau and Kamala Khan adding grace and pride to Mar-Vell's legacy is to me classy!
    Both characters did not worship the comicbook character Captain Mar-Vell and do not share his genes which goes to show that none of that is required to add grace and pride to Mar-Vell's legacy which both characters do by always being acknowledged to be 'Marvels'.

I imagine the comicbook character Captain Mar-Vell to approve of them both since, like him, they are of a race where it is not uncommon to have a racist attitude towards someone with a different skin-color;

KREE blue, white
    HUMAN white, black, brown, red, yellow

Like Mar-Vell, through their heroic deeds and conduct they earned the right to always be acknowledged to be the finest 'Marvels' of their race

To me, the comicbook character Captain Mar-Vell should really, really meet the comicbook characters Monica Capitan Maravilla Rambeau and Kamala Khan and acknowledge his approval of them honoring his legacy in their own distinctive heroic manner.

BANNED

Avengers #279 May 1987
    "Command Decision"
    After the departure of the Wasp last issue, Earth's Mightiest Heroes are in need of a new leader!
    In a surprising development, the popular choice among the team is Captain Marvel!

Is the Crescent City avenger ready to lead? Monica Rambeau is not so sure!

But after she helps Captain America pull off a daring underground rescue of trapped children,

Captain Marvel says bring it on!
    Retelling of Captain Marvel's origin from Amazing Spider-Man Annual 16.
    Cameo appearances by Hercules, Hermes, and Moonstone. Avengers Lineup: Black Knight, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Druid, She-Hulk, and Thor.

BANNED

The X-Men vs. the Avengers #2 May 1987
    "Uneasy Allies"
    After a quick recap, a three way battle erupts between the Avengers, Soviet Super Soldiers, and the X-Men.

As the Soviets and Avengers duke it out, the X-Men take the opportunity to flee, taking Magneto with them.
    Dazzler stops Captain America and Crimson Dynamo after they attempt to follow her.

After the X-Men escape, the Avengers trick Darkstar to trap all her teammates in her dark energy constructs,
    departing and leaving them all trapped for another hour by their own teammate.
    While they do this, Magneto departs the X-Men group to go look for the asteroid on his own.

Captain Marvel spies on the X-Men's location using her powers, and relays it off to her team, the Avengers.

Magneto finds a huge chunk of his asteroid, including one of his old costumes, and he puts his old helmet on. The Avengers arrive and attack him, nearly defeating him.
    The X-Men then come to his aide, and as the two teams fight, Magneto tells them that the Asteroid is rigged with explosive charges!

Using the explosion as a distraction, Magneto takes the X-Men in their jet and flee, but apparently unknown to the X-Men, Doctor Druid is stowed away in the back of the Blackbird.

BANNED

Princess Anelle and Captain Mar-Vell, the parents of Teddy Altman aka Hukling!

Really appreciated the writer Allan Heinberg being so respectful to continuity.
    To me, a very cool revelation that when Anelle and Mar-Vell met during the Kree-Skrull war they conceived Teddy!

Also nice that Princess Anelle got to meet Wanda and Pietro, the mother and maternal uncle of Teddy's boyfriend, Billy Kaplan aka Wiccan!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The ONLY beef I have with this story is the fact that if it took place in the early 70s, then Teddy wouldn't be a teenager when Young Avengers first came out, if we apply the sliding timescale. He'd be much younger. It's not anything to lose sleep over; we all know that Marvel's timeline can be pretty unreliable sometimes when it comes to the age of certain characters. But it wouldn't hurt if someone tried to come up with an in-universe explanation for this, like, maybe he was artificially aged like his biological siblings.

Other than that, I LOVE Teddy's origins. The whole cosmic Romeo & Juliet thing between Mar-Vell and Anelle is such a cool concept. Pity that Marvel overlooks that story most of the time these days, because I feel like we still should have more ramifications of it in the MU. I mean, the Kree and the Skrulls almost waged a second war on each other when they found out about Teddy on Earth. And after Ewing's addition of the Knights Of The Infinite to his mythology, literally turning him into a cosmic messiah, he really should play a bigger role in the Marvel cosmic scene. I hope someday someone will realize this.

And yeah, I think it's super special that Anelle and Mar-Vell got stuck with the Maximoffs of all people. If I remember correctly, that storyline was actually the kickstart to the Wanda/Vision romance, too. And then years later their children would turn out to be lovers. It's like their fate had always been intertwined.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-21-2017 at 07:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The ONLY beef I have with this story is the fact that if it took place in the early 70s, then Teddy wouldn't be a teenager when Young Avengers first came out, if we apply the sliding timescale. He'd be much younger.
    Agreed.
    It's not anything to lose sleep over; we all know that Marvel's timeline can be pretty unreliable sometimes when it comes to the age of certain characters. But it wouldn't hurt if someone tried to come up with an in-universe explanation for this,
    It would be respectful towards the long-time readers, yes.
    like, maybe he was artificially aged like his biological siblings.
    Excellent!

Other than that, I LOVE Teddy's origins. The whole cosmic Romeo & Juliet thing between Mar-Vell and Anelle is such a cool concept.
    Pity that Marvel overlooks that story most of the time these days, because I feel like we still should have more ramifications of it in the MU. I mean, the Kree and the Skrulls almost waged a second war on each other when they found out about Teddy on Earth.
    Yeah. To me, not something to take lightly Btw, I can see this as a great EPIC story for the MCU

And after Ewing's addition of the Knights Of The Infinite to his mythology, literally turning him into a cosmic messiah, he really should play a bigger role in the Marvel cosmic scene. I hope someday someone will realize this.
    I'd like to think Ewing himself realizes this just get him to convince Alonso and Brevoort

And yeah, I think it's super special that Anelle and Mar-Vell got stuck with the Maximoffs of all people. If I remember correctly, that storyline was actually the kickstart to the Wanda/Vision romance, too. And then years later their children would turn out to be lovers. It's like their fate had always been intertwined.
    Maybe Master Order and Lord Chaos had a hand in that or The Time-Keepers;

In Avengers Forever #8 it was revealed that the Time-Keepers charged Immortus to prevent Wanda bearing children because;
    "they will be so powerful as to stand among the great forces of the universe and will have the potential to rick the Cosmos itself."

BANNED

The New Mutants #51 May 1987
    Teacher's Choice
    As the Starjammers carry out repairs,

Professor Xavier taps into the minds of the New Mutants.
    They relive the slaughtered bodies in the Morlock tunnels, see the X-Men emerge weary & defeated, and images of the original five X-Men dressed as X-Factor the mutant hunters.
    The professor can't bear it any longer while Lilandra can't accept his desire to return to Earth.

Sometime later, the New Mutants use their powers to help repair the Starjammer. Outside, Cannonball flies equipment around, Magma spot welds and Warlock acts as a bubble to protect Cypher.
    Inside, Hepzibah makes snide comments about Lilandra and her insane family members. Lilandra settles the matter by punching Hepzibah while her back is turned.
    The fight gets interupted by the holographic image of Wolfsbane begging the Professor to come quickly.

Magik has locked herself in her quarters, and they are afraid that without her they can never go home again. The Professor commands Karma to posses Magik's mind and open the door from the inside, but Mirage objects. The Professor pulls rank, and so Magik is forced to open the door. While under Karma's influence the Professor begins to interogate Magik.
    She begins to cry and confesses that she doesn't want to go back to Limbo or re-assume her Darkchilde persona. Magik blames Karma and Mirage blames the Professor.
    Before he coan argue his reasons he gets distracted by something unseen and telepathically commands Cannonball and the others to return inside the Starjammer immediately.

The Starjammer begins emergency procedures, and Binary

pulls Cannonball & Magma back inside before the attacking nuclear explosion can reach them.
    On deck, the Professor gives Hepzibah instructions of where to fly, while the New Mutants are being thrown around by the erratic manoeuvres.

The Professor is wrought with doubt. He wants to return to Earth to ensure the New Mutants' safety and confront his old pupils in X-Factor.
    However, Lilandra begs him to stay with her and to continue using his telepathy to help save the Starjammer.
    He makes up his mind and commands Magik to teleport the New Mutants back to Earth, via Limbo. When she refuses, he commands Karma to posses her again.

Back at the school, Magik screames at her team-mates. She can't trust them, and threatens violence against them before teleporting back to Limbo.
    The others don't blame her for being so angry, and begin to wonder how long they have been gone.

BANNED

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/05...-wizard-world/

"That's a fierce looking Ms Marvel there. Fierce. And a great duo of Harleys. Original and new. Cosplay seems to be getting really good."
    Also great to see the character fierce looking on a T-Shirt;

Ms Marvel Fly Away Warbird Women's T-Shirt

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Mike Deodato Jr.!!!

Nebula by Mike Deodato Jr. - Colours by Rain Beredo.

Avengers #257 First meeting of Nebula and Captain Marvel.

Warbird by Mike Deodato Jr. - Colors by Dave Stewart.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._mike_deodato/

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Carmine Infantino!!!

Ms. Marvel #19 art by Carmine Infantino
    http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-24/carm...o-comic-covers
    http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...celebration-2/
    Carol Danvers grew up in the suburbs of Boston. The only daughter and the oldest child in a large family, she spent her formative years competing with her younger brothers. From an early age, Carol had a fiercely independent nature and aspirations for her future. Carol's relationship with her chauvinistic father was filled with strife and conflict. He refused to help pay for Carol to go to college, preferring to save the money for his oldest son’s education. His belief that Carol should find a husband to care for her ran opposite to Carol’s desire to educate herself and see the world.

In defiance of her father, Carol entered the Air Force after graduating at the top of her high school class.

The military gave Carol the opportunity to pursue her love of aircrafts and her dreams of flying and enabled her to make her own way in the world.

"Carol to Mar-Vell: All my life I've fought to be my own woman. The last thing I wanted was to become a female copy of anyone.. especially you."

With this issue, Chris Claremont made it very clear that, when publisher Martin Goodman ordered Stan The Man to create MC's own Captain Marvel, Stan REALLY NOT wanting to do it, Stan lazely came up with Mar-Vell Captain Marvel.
    Roy The Boy followed suit with Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel.

Detective Comics;
    Kal-El Superman
    Kara Danvers Supergirl

Marvel Comics;
    Mar-Vell Captain Marvel
    Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel

How much more on-the-nose can you get!

In establishing that the comicbook character Carol Danvers wanted to be her 'own woman' it made perfect sense to bestow on said character her own unique superhero name AND superhero look as in BINARY and WARBIRD (Carol's love for aircrafts)

BANNED

Avengers West Coast #82 May 1992
    "Shi'ar Hatred!" Operation: Galactic Storm Part 16.
    Story continues from Captain America 400. The Avengers (Captain Marvel, Living Lightning, Scarlet Witch, Starfox and Thor)
    have traveled to the Shi'ar throneworld to negotiate for peace between the Shi'ar and the Kree,

but instead a battle breaks out with the Shi'ar Imperial Guard!
    Meanwhile, Wonder Man and the Vision discover that the Skrulls have stolen the nega-bomb..
    ..while Quasar informs Captain Marvel that he knows where the Nega-Bomb is.

Story continues in Quasar 34.

BANNED

Quasar #34 May 1992
    "The Scorched Sun" Operation: Galactic Storm Part 17.
    Quasar has the near-impossible task of diverting the explosion of the Nega-Bomb, so that its blasts don't destroy Earth.

Carol Danvers aka Binary must make a decision that will determine the fate of millions:
    "I can't let the Sun die. I can't let the Earth die.

Lilandra... The Shi'ar...
    The billions of potential victims of the Nega-Bomb...
    Nothing is as important to me as my home!

I could never live with myself if the human race died while I was out trying to protect an alien race."

After saving the Sun, Quasar finds out that Binary was once known as Ms. Marvel and was an Avenger.

Story continues in Wonder Man #9.