Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Talking My Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary and Warbird CELEBRATION!

Happy 2017 everyone!

Commencing with the following anniversaries;

Captain Mar-Vell 1967, 50th anniversary

Marvel Super Heroes #12 origin and first appearance of Captain Mar-Vell

Ms. Marvel 1977, 40th anniversary

Ms. Marvel # 1 first appearance of the super-powered Carol Danvers

BANNED

Captain Marvel 1982, 35th anniversary

Captain Marvel made a high-profile debut in the 1982 Amazing Spider-Man Annual # 16.
    Right off the bat, Marvel was treating this character as someone that they wanted to be seen, and having her appear for the first time in a Spider-Man story was the perfect way to get fans’ attention onto her.

Binary 1982, 35th anniversary

In the 1982 Uncanny X-Men # 164 issue readers got to meet the new and improved Carol Danvers aka BINARY!

Leave it to Chris Claremont to rescue and restore the former Ms. Marvel to new and greater glory!
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-05-2017 at 07:44 AM.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel # 1 Jan 1977
    "This Woman, This Warrior"

Carol Danvers meets Peter Parker, J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, and battles the Scorpion when she gets a job at the Daily Bugle as a fashion editor.

BANNED

Thanks for sharing juan678
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Ms. Marvel # 1 Jan 1977
    "This Woman, This Warrior"

Carol Danvers meets Peter Parker, J. Jonah Jameson, Mary Jane Watson, and battles the Scorpion when she gets a job at the Daily Bugle as a fashion editor.

BANNED

Marvel's Avengers: Kamala Khan (MS. MARVEL) Embiggen Trailer - NYCC 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f07PU9-23k

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #185 Sep 1984
    "Public Enemy"
    Government agent Henry Gyrich is having a meeting at the Pentagon where he is reporting on the mutant known as Rogue.
    After explaining her powers, her previous criminal history and recent attack on SHIELD,
    he tells those gathered that he has been authorized to use the neutralizer weapon invented by Forge to stop her.
    When Raven Darkholm protests this move, wondering how Gyrich got a prototype when it hasn't even been tested,
    she is shocked to hear that her co-worker Valerie Cooper supports this move
    and no amount of protests will stop the action from being carried out.

At the X-Mansion, Storm interrupts Professor Xavier's session with Rachel Summers to inform him that Rogue has left.
    The Professor leaves Rachel alone while he and Storm go downstairs to try and track Rogue using Cerebro.
    Left to her own devices, Rachel decides to look around the Professor's office.
    Finding a phone book that lists her father Cyclops living in Alaska, she decides to call and speak to him.
    However, when she hears his voice and the voice of Madelyne Pryor in the background,
    Rachel cannot bring herself to utter a single word and eventually Cyclops hangs up.

While back in Washington, Mystique returns to her room to find that Destiny is there waiting for her.
    Irene warns that Rogue is in trouble, however Mystique wonders if allowing Gyrich
    to neutralize her powers could be to the benefit of Rogue having a normal life.
    When she asks Irene what the future has in store for Rogue, Destiny cannot see
    into the immediate future as some temporal anomaly prevents her from doing so.
    As Gyrich approaches where they are tracking Rogue,

Mystique contacts Forge and tells him that the government is using his prototype without testing it.
    Forge is furious and flies after them in his private jet, while placing in a call to the president.

While in Caldecott Country, Mississippi, Rogue is spending time relaxing along the banks of the Mississippi River.
    She is found by Storm who confronts her with the truth about the phantom memories she's been living of Carol Danvers.

When Rogue admits that she is struggling to find a way to control her powers and fears harming them,
    Storm convinces her to willingly absorb some of her power.
    Rogue is reluctant at first, but since Storm is willingly offering up her powers, Rogue tries it out.

The power absorption knocks Storm out, and Rogue is completely amazed by the abilities she has gained and how Storm sees the world.

After finding that mastering Storm's powers would take some work, Rogue is attacked by Gyrich and his men.
    As Rogue attempts to avoid getting blasted by the neutralizer,
    her weather controlling ability spirals out of control and a massive storm is created, threatening a nearby boat.
    Storm, having revived, comes to Rogue’s aid to control the weather and pull the boat to calmer waters.
    Gyrich takes this as an opportunity to get a clear shot on Rogue, however Storm shoves her out of the way.
    Storm is struck by the weapon, causing her powers to flare out of control,
    destroying the ship and knocking Rogue far away, before being neutralized.
    Storm falls unconsciously to the water below where Forge, having arrived just in time to witness the event, dives in to her rescue.
    He is furious at Gyrich for using his untested prototype and the fact that he hit an innocent woman.
    He points out that Storm is a member of the X-Men and Gyrich's stupidity today
    may have turned the X-Men from champions of humanity to their enemies.

Watching this from a mystical pool far away are the Dire Wraiths who have analyzed Forge's weapon
    and find that it is similar to that which was used by ROM the Spaceknight.
    In order to guarantee their victory in taking over the Earth, the Wraiths have come to the decision that Forge must die.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr. and Dan Green.

And the first volume of the first Captain Marvel series with the current and most prominent Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers, is gonna have it's 5th anniversary.

We saw Carol Danvers with the Captain Marvel mantle for the first time in 2012 Captain Marvel #1.

BANNED

Captain Marvel # 48 Jan 1977
    "Crucible!"

Captain Mar-Vell battles a Kree Sentry and the Cheetah in "Crucible!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

So these anniversaries are all multiples of 5. Awesome. And yeah, Monica Rambeau's first appearance being in a Spider-Man comic. Did not know that one. Thanks, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

I'd love some of those covers modernized with Carol in mind especially those Mar-Vell ones

art by Mark Brooks

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I'd love some of those covers modernized with Carol in mind especially those Mar-Vell ones
    I would not be surprised if marvel comics were to make an announcement in the coming months which will reveal they intend to do something like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So these anniversaries are all multiples of 5. Awesome. And yeah, Monica Rambeau's first appearance being in a Spider-Man comic. Did not know that one. Thanks, 616MarvelYear is LeapYear.
    You're welcome. Marvel comics repeated their strategy of making use of a Spider-Man comic 30 years later.

To me it goes to show how popular Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man who celebrates his 55th anniversary in 2017 always has been.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I must admit I've missed seeing images of Carol's Ms Marvel look, although I do like her current costume (her hair, ironically, is the one area I'd improve on in terms of her look, maybe have it still relatively short but maybe a little bit longer? I don't know LOL) ANYWAY, it makes for nice nostalgia to see images of her old look.

BANNED

When the comicbook character Carol Danvers became Binary the writer Chris Claremont revealed the following;
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

"I wanted so badly to be an astronaut-- to explore space, discover new worlds, alien civilizations."

"Now suddenly, my dream's come true-- beyond my wildest expectation!"

Clearly, the comicbook character Carol Danvers is ecstatic about her transformation into Binary