Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The Avengers #95 Jan 1972
    "Something Inhuman This Way Comes..!"

With a direct blast from his power pods, the golden avenger knocks out the Mandroids! And now the Avengers are free to go after the Skrulls in outer space! But hold on...Triton of the Inhumans suddenly appears and begs Earth's Mightiest Heroes for help! The Kree have installed Maximus as the new ruler of the Great Refuge! And exiled Black Bolt to San Francisco of all places!

Once Cap and Goliath recover Black Bolt from the Bay Area, the Mighty Avengers assemble in the Hidden Land to overthrow Maximus the Mad!
    Can Earth's Mightiest Heroes liberate the Great Refuge and check the Kree's earthward advance?

A tremendous issue! Cameo appearances by Nick Fury, Captain Mar-Vell, Quicksilver, the Scarlet Witch, and Supreme Intelligence.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Goliath, Iron Man, Thor, and the Vision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I'd love some of those covers modernized with Carol in mind especially those Mar-Vell ones
    I would not be surprised if marvel comics were to make an announcement in the coming months which will reveal they intend to do something like that.

BANNED

Avengers #275 Jan 1987
    Under Siege: Part 6 of 8 - "Even a God Can Die!"

Baron Zemo II sends the Absorbing Man and Titania to the hospital to finish off Hercules and the Wasp!
    Janet Van Dyne will need a miracle to survive this fight! And surprisingly she gets one…flying on a tiny ant! The Wasp and Ant-Man (aka Scott Lang) vs. Crusher Creel and Titania!
    Meanwhile, Captain Marvel traverses the Darkforce Dimension.

I liked the rendering of the Darkforce Dimension that encased Captain Marvel -- it was reminiscent of Kirby's drawing's of space, the Negative Zone, etc.
    Blackout trapped CM there in the previous issue.

Avengers Lineup: Black Knight, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Hercules, and the Wasp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Mark Brooks
    It's like the artist Mark Brooks was commissioned to produce this piece with this year's CELEBRATION in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Brooks is one of the few to make her new outfit look decent, IMHO. I don't like the blue leotard -- too Captain America and generic. And here the short hair works much better than the too-short style she was/is sporting. Another thing that bugs me is how the star shape blurs into the stripes.
    The artist does a decent job with the to me Miracle Woman look

The following designs are to me GREAT because there is a mask, no red around the collar bone and no yellow stripes sprouting left and right out of the Binary star

To me the artist Dexter Soy rules! Design "B" is however the only one I am not enamored by

Out of these I really like the D. It has the star, the red, some blue, and it's the most clean besides the last one, but the last one looks super weird lol.

BANNED

The Avengers #96 Feb 1972
    "The Andromeda Swarm!"

Finally the Avengers blast off into outer space to take the fight to the Kree and the Skrulls! On the edge of the Andromeda Galaxy, Earth's Mightiest Heroes engage the awesome Skrull armada! Cap, Shell-head, Thor, and the Vision attack the armada's flagship hoping to turn back the entire fleet! During the ferocious battle inside, the Avengers hear about the Skrulls' secret plan to destroy the Earth! And as shown on the dynamic cover, an enraged Vision will do whatever it takes to uncover the devious plan (and find the Scarlet Witch)!

Meanwhile on Hala, the Kree home planet; the power struggle between the Supreme Intelligence and Ronan the Accuser quietly rages behind the scenes...with Rick Jones caught in the middle!

Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell. Cameo appearances by Nick Fury and Annihilus. Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Goliath, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor, and the Vision.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel #2 Feb 1977
    Enigma of Fear!

Kerwin becomes the Destructor and promises to take down Ms. Marvel for AIM; Scorpion escapes from AIM's clutches; Carol, freaked out by her blackouts and lack of memory, visits her friend Barnett

who discovers she is Ms. Marvel during a hypnotic session but fails to tell her;

Ms. Marvel takes on Scorpion and Destructor.
    Origin of Ms. Marvel revealed + Mary Jane cameo.

^Not just MJ. She basically shared Spider-Man's supporting cast in that run, because she worked for a magazine published by the Bugle.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    ^Not just MJ. She basically shared Spider-Man's supporting cast in that run, because she worked for a magazine published by the Bugle.
    It's funny they don't draw upon that history more, but then that would require going deep into back issues and things that can't be summed up in a few relatively short sentences.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Avengers #276 Feb 1987
    Under Siege: Part 7 of 8 - "Revenge"

In one of the most inspiring battles in Avengers' history, the Wasp and Ant-Man score a major victory against Zemo's minions and preserve the Prince of Power's life! However, the next big challenge awaits! Taking back their Fifth Avenue headquarters! Before embarking on that mission though, the Wasp has to find more Avengers! Fortunately, Captain Marvel escapes from the Darkforce Dimension,

the mighty Thor arrives, and the mysterious Doctor Druid appears!

Guest-starring Ant-Man. Cameo appearance by the Shroud.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RafDanvers View Post
    CAPTAIN MARVEL CAROL - the best
    It is for the best that the character is depicted with a helmet with the hair sticking out this time the hair is NOT SHAPED like a mohawk.
    Also like the white eye-slits. No eyes visible. Way to go Margaret Stohl!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

It's like the artist Mark Brooks was commissioned to produce this piece with this year's CELEBRATION in mind.

The artist does a decent job with the to me Miracle Woman look

The following designs are to me GREAT because there is a mask, no red around the collar bone and no yellow stripes sprouting left and right out of the Binary star

To me the artist Dexter Soy rules! Design "B" is however the only one I am not enamored by
    For me it is D

Astonishing Member

RafDanvers for me it will always be Mar-vell and after that Genis

BANNED

Avengers #97 Mar 1972
    "Godhood's End!"
    It's the epic conclusion to the Kree/Skrull War! As Earth's Mightiest Heroes go for broke in the Andromeda Galaxy vs. the Skrulls, while Rick Jones lays it all on the line in the Kree Galaxy against Ronan!
    The Avengers have help from Captain Mar-Vell in their battle, but young Rick is on his own...

until the Supreme Intelligence lends a hand! In dazzling fashion Marvel's Golden Age heroes spring from Rick Jones' mind and attack the Kree!
    Could the heroes from the past lead the charge to intergalactic victory in the present?

Truly a bronze age masterpiece! Cameo appearances by Nick Fury and Annihilus. Golden Age heroes: Angel, Blazing Skull, Captain America, Fin, Patriot, Sub-Mariner, Vision, and the original Human Torch.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain America, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Thor, and the Vision. (Notes: The Kree/Skrull War is widely considered the magnum opus of Roy Thomas' scripting run on the Avengers title. What If (1st series) 20 explores an alternative reality where the Avengers have to win the Kree/Skrull War without Rick Jones).

BANNED

Captain Marvel #49 Mar 1977
    "Asylum Earth!"

Ronan the Accuser attacks