Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Possibility of actor Jude Law portraying the MCU Colonel Yonn-Rogg?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Are we talking about Jude Law playing Yon Rogg yet?

The narrative was proposed on twitter (and likely a dozen other platforms because: internet) and I'm intrigued by this possibility.

We know Carol has her powers AT THE BEGINNING of the movie. She's also a member of Starforce, lead by Jude.

According to Jude (on his character): He is driven by a belief in the divine leadership of the Kree people. So he’s almost a devout warrior—unquestioning, conservative, but inspirational.

These extraordinary powers [Carol] has, he sees them as something of a blessing and something that she has to learn how to control. That’s a motif throughout the piece, the element of learning to control one’s emotions and to use your powers wisely.
    According to Brie (on their dynamic): There’s a lot [of] back and forth that comes with the two of them, which kind of creates a little bit of tension with the rest of Starforce. Like, ‘Why do they have a special relationship, and why isn’t it me?’

SO.
    I posit this: Carol has value to this Starforce. That value may be her connection to Earth, humanity, and all that comes with being Terran(?) or it may be the fact that she's so incredibly powerful from having gained powers from - again TBD.
    What IF.... Carol doesn't remember the events of her alienization?
    Meaning the actress Brie Larson decked in green, silver and black portrays the MCU Carol Danvers suffering from amnesia going by either

1. Ms. Marvel
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Ms. Marvel #3 Mar 1977
    The Lady's Not for Killing!
    Jonah sends Carol down to Cape Canaveral to cover news on a female astronaut

but Ms. Marvel ends up battling the robotic Doomsday Man sent by AIM to stop the rocket launch;

Ms. Marvel regains her memories of being Carol Danvers;

Introduction of Salia Petrie & Major David Adamson.

BANNED

2. Medic Una
    Marvel Super-Heroes #12 Dec 1967
    First appearance of Captain Mar-Vell

Marvel Super-Heroes #13 Mar 1968
    First appearance of Miss Danvers

Art by Gene Colan http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/

BANNED

3. Phyla-Vell

HOLY MOLEY! The second Captain Marvel woman! Though I am in awe of the dark blue face look with them white hair and eyes..
    Her brother did not marvel at her existence once they crossed paths.
    At least her mother Elysius encouraged her to surpass her father and brother in the "Captain Marvel" department.

BANNED

What if Jude Law IS Yon Rogg and HE'S responsible for Carol's powers because, like in the books, he DOES go to Earth and comes into direct conflict with Mar-Vell,
    True
    Captain Marvel #18 Nov 1969
    Vengeance Is Mine!
    Colonel Yon-Rogg has kidnapped Carol Danvers and taken her to another abandoned Kree outpost on Earth.
    The villain uses an outlawed device called the Psyche-Magnitron to create a Mandroid to attack Mar-Vell when he inevitably arrives to rescue Carol.
    Captain Marvel defeats both the Mandroid and Yon-Rogg but Carol is injured during the battle.

The now damaged Psyche-Magnitron explodes, apparently killing Yon-Rogg and finally allowing Mar-Vell to gain his long sought after vengeance.

Note: Carol Danvers' exposure to the exploding Psyche-Magnitron in this issue would become the source of the powers that cause her to become the superheroine Ms. Marvel!

Written by Roy Thomas, with art by John Buscema
    and Carol defends and inevitably gets the Kree Whammy and Mar-Vell DIES and Carol not only absorbs power but also memories or some additional knowledge of value(??) and thus Jude-Rogg space-naps her and sees eeeeeeeeeeeeeverything that's happened as some DIVINE plan/path he's been set on and Carol is part of that plan/path?

And in the movie we will gradually discover/uncover the TRUTH about Carol's past -- PRE-STARFORCE -- and THAT leads her into direct conflict with all of them aliens, PLUS the Skrulls, and ALSO why she RETAINS the suit but alters the color scheme to honor Mar-Vell???????

I'm totally shooting from the hip here and just throwing ideas around but -- like -- MAYBE? haha
    A very good theory IMO.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Archie Goodwin!!!

"Behind the Mask of Zo!"
    Taken prisoner by the followers of Tam-Bor, Mar-Vell bursts free and attempts to destroy the magnetic device which threatens the universe.
    Ronan the Accuser tries to stop Mar-Vell, however Ronan fails and Mar-Vell succeeds in destroying the magnetic device inside Tam-Bor.

While on Earth, Carol Danvers awakens in a hospital and flees FBI agents come to question her about Walter Lawson.

From Captain Marvel #16. Written by Archie Goodwin https://comicvine.gamespot.com/archi...in/4040-42923/

You see the rumor that Jude Law may be playing Yon-Rogg rather than Mar-Vell? It makes total sense, but I hope it’s not true. It would be terrible to disassociate Mar-Vell from Carol’s origin.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

I'm getting the sense that even if Mar-Vell is in it, he's not going to have much or anything to do with her origin.

I wouldn't mind that so much if I felt they were going to rely on things uniquely Carol's - things stemming from her X-Men/Binary storylines, for example - but I suspect they are going to plunder Mar-Vell's history whilst ignoring the man himself. That would be bad.

I wonder if they will show Carol going temporarily Binary from absorbing some type of energy? I would love to see that!

Other rumors say she’s going to be half Kree by birth. And that would suck.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

In the comics, Nadia Pym is the biological daughter of Hank Pym and Maria Trovaya.
    In the MCU, Hope van Dyne is the biological daughter of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne.

This does not suck to me.

In the comics, Carol Danvers is the biological daughter of Marie Danvers and Joe Danvers.
    If the 2019 movie reveals that the MCU Carol Danvers is the biological daughter of the MCU Marie Danvers and the MCU Captain Mar-Vell,
    than that would not suck to me either Likewise if the MCU Carol Danvers' Kree name is revealed to be either 'Una' or 'Phyla-Vell'.

BANNED

I'm starting to wondering if they're not simply going to cut out the origin-middleman and have "Carol" be 100% Kree, and the one and only, first of her name, Captain Marr-Vel...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm starting to wondering if they're not simply going to cut out the origin-middleman and have "Carol" be 100% Kree, and the one and only, first of her name, Captain Marr-Vel...
    It has been confirmed she's a Kree/Human hybrid in the movie already, but I wouldn't be surprised if she was indeed the first Captain Marvel of that universe.

Honestly, at this point I won't even be bothered if he is completely removed from her origin or is robbed from his title or whatever. They can do whatever they want with Carol; just give Mar-Vell a decent portrayal in the MCU. I don't want him to be that guy in the flashback who got killed within the first ten minutes of the movie. If they're not interested in telling Mar-Vell's story in Carol's movie, then let his story be told separately in some other production later on. There's so much more to this character than just being the guy who gave Carol her powers, so I hope his role is not reduced to that in the MCU.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-11-2018 at 05:02 PM.

BANNED

The MCU Carol Danvers is not to be 100% Kree. The Kree/Human hybrid status is important in order to explain her so-called 'divine' destiny.

In the comics it is revealed by the comicbook character Supremor that within the comicbook character Carol Danvers are combined:

"The genetic heritage of the finest Kree warrior (Mar-Vell) ever born and the latent psionic talents common to all Terrans.
    It is her destiny to become the mother to a race of New-Kree that no force in the universe can withstand."

BANNED

Captain Marvel #4 Aug 1968
    "The Alien and the Amphibian!"
    In his hotel room on Earth, Mar-Vell laments over his conflict between his duties as a Kree soldier and his growing concern and care for the humans he may one day have to battle.
    His reverie is interrupted by Hal, the nephew of Mr. Logan (the owner of the hotel who is currently in a coma).
    Hal updates Mar-Vell on Mr. Logan's condition, and tells him that the Cape needs him to go to the base as soon as possible.

At the Cape, Carol Danvers expresses her inability to trust "Lawson" and continues to investigate his background,
    while the launch control prepares to launch deadly bacteria into space to see how it will be effected by cosmic rays.
    Meanwhile, deep in the ocean, the Sub-Mariner is speeding to New York to seek the aid of Reed Richards for assistance in locating the villain known as Destiny.

When the rocket is forced to crash in the ocean thanks to Yon-Rogg's machinations, the Cape sends out a ship to try and recover
    the rocket before the deadly bacteria is released and infects people. Mar-Vell joins the ship in his guise of Lawson. When he gets there,
    Mar-Vell is ordered by Yon-Rogg to prevent the humans from stopping the rocket from releasing the bacteria, as Yon-Rogg is hoping to test the humans' susceptibility to germ warfare.

With the arrival of the Sub-Mariner, Mar-Vell changes into his Kree uniform to battle the Sub-Mariner to prevent him from stopping the rocket from releasing the bacteria as well.
    The battle is preconceived by those aboard the ship as though the Sub-Mariner is the aggressor and Captain Marvel as the hero trying to stop the bacteria,
    when ironically it's the other way around. However, Mar-Vell allows the Sub-Mariner to "defeat" him so that Namor can disarm the bacteria.
    When the rocket explodes, both men are thrown clear from it.

Mar-Vell leaves the scene allowing the Sub-Mariner to resume his course.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Vince Colletta.