Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Captain Marvel is Guaranteed to Mess Up MCU Continuity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    And nothing of value will be lost if more minor inconsistencies develop.

BANNED

Ms. Marvel #19 Aug 1978
    "Mirror, Mirror!"
    Ronan the Accuser arrives in Texas to eliminate a number of Kree that have fled to Earth to find new lives.
    He then travels to New York where he locates and attacks Carol Danvers.

Changing into Ms. Marvel, she proves to be no match for the Kree soldier.
    When Captain Mar-Vell arrives he is shocked to find that Carol is wearing a uniform similar to his,
    giving Ronan the opportunity to knock both of them out and take them aboard his ship.

There, under the supervision of the Supreme Intelligence, Ronan probes Carol's mind to learn of her past,
    and the events that led to her becoming Ms. Marvel. After the probe is done,
    both she and Mar-Vell break free and take down Ronan, then make their escape from the ship.

Afterwards, the two reconcile and agree to be friends before parting company.

Chris Claremont script. Carmine Infantino & Bob McLeod art.

BANNED

"Carol to Mar-Vell:
    All my life I've fought to be my own woman.
    The last thing I wanted was to become a female copy of anyone.. especially you.
    "

With this issue, Chris Claremont made it very clear that, when publisher Martin Goodman ordered Stan The Man to create MC's own Captain Marvel,
    Stan REALLY NOT wanting to do it, Stan lazily came up with Mar-Vell Captain Marvel.
    Roy The Boy followed suit with Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel.

Detective Comics & Marvel Comics;
    Kal-El Superman
    Mar-Vell Captain Marvel

Superman and Captain Marvel in "Where Monsters Dwell!"
    Detective Comics & Marvel Comics;
    Kara Danvers Supergirl
    Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel
    Supergirl and Ms. Marvel in "D-Day For the Danvers Duo!"
    How much more on-the-nose can you get!

In establishing that the comicbook character Carol Danvers wanted to be her 'own woman' it made perfect sense to bestow on said
    character her own unique superhero name AND superhero look as in BINARY and WARBIRD (Carol's love for aircrafts)

BANNED

Avengers #174 Aug 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 7 of 10 - "Captives of the Collector!"
    With his vast collection of alien weapons to draw upon, the Collector downs first Iron Man, then Thor, and then the Wasp.
    Hawkeye courageously fights on alone, but when his devices fail, the Collector unleashes his own long-unused cosmic power against the archer.
    When Hawkeye nevertheless manages to strike his opponent with an electro-arrow, however, the aged immortal admits defeat.

The Avengers are freed, and the Collector relates how he began his acquisition of specimens eons ago, in order to preserve them against the coming threat of Thanos,

then foresaw an even greater menace, whom he sent his daughter to spy upon.
    At that very moment, Carina, the Collector's daughter, having fallen in love with Michael, betrays her father.

Suddenly, a bolt of power strikes in the Avengers' midst, and the Collector is disintegrated.
    Cameo appearances by Michael (aka Korvac), the Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Mar-Vell, Hercules, Jocasta, Moondragon, Quicksilver, and the Two-Gun Kid.
    NOTE: The Collector returns to existence in Contest of Champions issue 3.

Plot by Jim Shooter. Script by Bill Mantlo. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Roger Stern!!!

Avengers #234 Aug 1983
    "The Witch's Tale!"
    The battle against Annihilus has ended in victory, but the Avengers have suffered casualties, most notably the Vision.
    The Scarlet Witch and her teammates return to Avengers Mansion and place the Vision in the medical lab for recovery.

While the other avengers go about their daily lives, Captain Marvel asks Wanda about her childhood and early days as an avenger.
    The Scarlet Witch takes a walk down memory lane, but with a new twist involving the Master of Magnetism.

Plot continues in Doctor Strange (2nd series) 60.
    Retelling of the origins of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Cameo appearances by Doctor Strange and Hawkeye.
    Flashback cameos by Agatha Harkness, Bova, Crystal, Django Maximoff, Doctor Doom, Immortus, Magda, Magneto, Quicksilver, the Toad, the High Evolutionary, and the original X-Men.

Script by Roger Stern http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_roger_stern/. Art by Al Milgrom (breakdowns) and Joe Sinnott (finishes).

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

BANNED

I LOVE the HELMET MASK!!
    No eyes visible YES!!!!

I LIKE Brie Larson's VOICE! (doesn't sound like cringy tough tomboy girl, phew!)

Last edited by juan678; 09-18-2018 at 08:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    ]
    Thank you for sharing these gifs juan678

BANNED

Att-Lass and Minn-Erva!
    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Great to see the MCU versions of the comicbook characters Captain Atlas & Dr. Minerva in this gif.

The Kree Starforce!

Art by Steve Epting.

BANNED

The trailer was fine except at the end. To me the ending was lame with the posing and powering up.
    It should have shown Binary blasting away like the artist Paul Smith drew the character doing so in Uncanny X-Men #166
    "Live Free or Die!"
    On the Brood colonized world Madrizar, a recently captured Acanti is infected with the Brood slaver virus.
    Suddenly, the Brood all turn at a bright light in the sky. It is the last thing they see.

Binary unleashes her FULL FURY upon the world, and DEVASTATES the Brood utterly!

From Uncanny X-Men #166. Art by Paul Smith http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....ay_paul_smith/

BANNED

The trailer was fine except at the end. To me the ending was lame with the posing and powering up.
    It should have shown Binary blasting away like the artist Paul Smith drew the character doing so in Uncanny X-Men #166
    I don't think Marvel can actually use the Binary version of Carol.

Ugh. Looks like Marvel is retconning 616 Carol to be half Kree from birth, further distancing her from Mar-Vell and rewriting her comic origin. Disappointing.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Yes, I think this is quite likely. The funny thing is that I think the half-Kree thing is because of the movie being said to have Carol as a Kree-human hybrid, but judging from the trailer I'm not sure that's true at all. I think this is like when Marvel gave Star Lord his element gun back because they thought the film would feature it, only to find it wasn't in the movie at all.

What does really upset me is that I think the film isn't going to have Mar-Vell in it at all, but is going to plunder from his character mythology. It looks like Carol will be picking up his renegade Kree soldier status, and despite people suggesting the amnesia/false memories mystery is a reference to Rogue stealing Carol's memories, I actually think it comes from the last Mar-Vell miniseries where he slowly discovers he is not who he thinks he is.