Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I thought Mar-Vell wouldn't be in the story. I'm glad she was. I thought the take on the character was an interesting one for the story they were telling.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

It is interesting to me that there is no male MCU Captain Mar-Vell bonded to the MCU Rick Jones. That's 15 years 1967-1982 of marvel comics history disrespected regarding the marvel characters who lent honor to the super hero name 'Captain Marvel'.

BANNED

Captain Marvel #31 Mar 1974
    "The Beginning of the End!" Guest-starring the Avengers.
    Drax the Destroyer arrives at Avengers Mansion with a dire warning:
    Thanos possesses the cosmic cube! And now the entire universe faces annihilation!
    Once Captain Mar-Vell and Moondragon appear at the mansion as well, the eleven assembled super-heroes plot their course of action!

However back on Titan, the near omnipotent Thanos eavesdrops on the Kree warrior's conversation with the Avengers!

With the aid of the cosmic cube, the mad lover of Death teleports his adversaries to Titan for a blockbuster battle!

Captain Mar-Vell, Drax, Eros, Iron Man, Mentor and Moondragon vs. Thanos! Truly a cosmic clash! A fantastic issue!
    Cameo appearances by Death, Kronos, Lou-Ann Savannah and Rick Jones.
    Flashback cameos by the Controller, Super-Skrull and Thing to recap the events of the past five issues.
    Avengers Lineup: Black Panther, Captain America, Iron Man, Mantis, Scarlet Witch, Swordsman, Thor and the Vision.

Script by Jim Starlin. Pencils by Jim Starlin. Inks by Dan Green and Al Milgrom.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    It is interesting to me that there is no male MCU Captain Mar-Vell bonded to the MCU Rick Jones. That's 15 years 1967-1982 of marvel comics history disrespected regarding the marvel characters who lent honor to the super hero name 'Captain Marvel'.
    That's 15 years of Marvel comics history that can still be read and enjoyed. I know I enjoy them. I'm hoping they'll release a Captain Marvel Epic Collection so I can collect them as well.

But it's not any more disrespected than Iron Man's secret identity (or Captain America's secret identity) or Donald Blake's Thor. It was a thing that didn't fit what they were doing, so they didn't do it.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Captain Marvel #61 Mar 1979
    "Chaos and the Pit!"
    On planet Titan, Elysius future mother of Genis-Vell and Phyla-Vell is sent by ISAAC to slay Mar-Vell,

but ends up helping Drax and him with freeing her fellow Eternals.

However ISAAC releases his creation Chaos to take them down.

Script by Doug Moench, pencils by Pat Broderick, inks by Bruce Patterson.

BANNED

Makes sense that 4 years later in the pages of the Avengers series the comicbook character Vision is also able to project a hologrammic form after integrating with ISAAC..
    Avengers #238 Dec 1983
    "Unlimited Vision!"
    Although still immobile, the Vision regains consciousness and the ability to speak.

In an effort to further this recovery, Starfox establishes communication between the android and Titan's world-controlling computer, ISAAC.
    Unexpectedly, this results in the Vision's systems integrating with both ISAAC and the Avengers' own network.

This also gives him the ability to project and interact through a wide-reaching holographic simulation.

Seeking refuge in a South Bronx safehouse of her former Masters of Evil ally, Egghead,
    Moonstone plots to control the unguessed powers of her new partner, the paranoid psychotic Blackout.
    Utilizing his newly enhanced resources, the Vision shortly deduces their hideout's location.
    Abruptly manifesting his projection-form into the villains' living room, Vision
    serves as an advance distraction while his teammates physically raid the domicile.
    Moonstone attempts to have Blackout destroy the heroes with his mysterious Darkforce powers.
    Instead, the paranoid villain accidentally imprisons himself and her, drawing them into the Darkforce's home dimension in a fit of desperate irrationality.

Returning to their mansion, the Avengers continue adjusting to the Vision's new powers
    and uncharacteristically egotistical attitude when an emergency call comes in from Tigra.
    She is in a San Francisco hospital room, looking over her friend, Jessica Drew.
    Ominously, the spectral form of Drew's alter ego, Spider-Woman, also visibly hangs above her comatose body...
    Origin on Blackout. Cameo appearances by Jessica Drew and Tigra.
    Avengers Lineup: Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Starfox, Vision, and the Wasp.
    NOTE: Blackout and Moonstone return in Dazzler 32

Script by Roger Stern. Pencils by Al Milgrom. Inks by Joe Sinnott.

Article about Carol missing Mar-Vell's funeral, and her reaction to finding out he's dead... she didn't know until she met Monica!
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-c...-vell-funeral/

Incidentally, Silver Surfer did attend the funeral on planet Titan when he was supposed to be trapped on Earth - so perhaps reprints should've replaced him with Binary.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-29-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Actually, it was a Skrull. Englehart or Starlin caught the error and turned it into a plot point. Since the Skrulls were trapped in whatever form they were in when they lost the ability to shape shift, he was stuck in the form of Noran Radd and ended up fighting him.

ETA: The Skrull's name was Bartak. The retcon was in Silver Surfer Vol. 3 #11-14 by Steve Englehart.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 03-30-2019 at 06:07 AM.

BANNED

I loved the marvel character Eros in this Makes sense that said caracter gave his blessings to the very first Captain Marvel woman in the pages of the Avengers.
    The Death Of Captain Marvel GN Volume 1 April 1982
    In this critically-acclaimed Graphic Novel, watch the dying hero Captain Mar-Vell tragically succumb to the cancer that ravages his body.

This is one of the greatest super-hero stories ever told, by one of the medium's master storytellers - Jim Starlin!

Featuring appearances by Thanos, Spider-Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four, the Avengers, X-Men, Defenders, Inhumans, Daredevil, and more.
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe has expertly taken a shit on the marvel characters Mar-Vell and Rick Jones by not having live-action versions of them as Captain Marvel in the MCU Gotta worship them white gals y'all!

BANNED

The first meeting between Captain Marvel and Binary was terrific! I find it to be repugnant that in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the MCU Captain Marvel worships her "aunt", the MCU Binary.
    Marvel Fanfare #24 Jan 1986
    "Elegy"
    After being introduced to Captain Marvel, Binary finds out that Captain Mar-Vell has died.

Carol bursts out of the mansion and into space. We next see her on Titan, having spoken to Mentor and learned where to find Mar-Vell's grave.

As she pays respects without crying, she recalls her experiences and feelings for him from her days as security chief at Cape Canaveral.

The story implies a stronger relationship between the two than seen in Ms. Marvel #19
    but it seems to be more about the fact that she has Kree genetics and that Mar-vell abandoned his people for Earth and made himself an outcast,
    and of course he was also "cosmic" so she saw in him some similarities that might have helped her cope with what she's become.

Script by Chris Claremont, pencils by David Ross, inks by Bob Wiacek.
    http://happybday.to/Chris-Claremont
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/novembe...hris-claremont
    Back then the marvel character Carol Danvers was to me still likable as were the character's appearances in marvel comics for that matter.

BANNED

Starblast #3 Mar 1994
    Starblast Crossover: Part 8 of 12 "A Whole New Universe"
    The Earth heroes together with some of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard fighters battle
    together with the crew of the Starblaster, on the surface of the Stranger's labworld.

Meanwhile Skeletron is bargaining with Stranger himself, about Kayla Ballantine's power.

On the New Universe planet Earth, Nightmask starts to collect the local super powered
    humans in order to intercept the "aliens" the feel approaching to their universe/world.

Featuring: Darkstar, Vanguard, Captain Marvel, Binary, Ikaris, Perun, Black Bolt and Uatu the Watcher.
    Continued in Quasar #56.

Written by Mark Gruenwald. Art by Grant Miehm & 'Many Hands'.

BANNED

Quasar #56 Mar 1994
    Starblast Crossover: Part 10 of 12 "Nuke Me With The New"
    After Black Bolt and Lockjaw free the other heroes from Earth,

they, together with Quasar, the Stranger, the Watcher and Skeletron, arrive in the New Universe.

Continued in Starblast #4.
    Appearances by Vanguard, Darkstar, Perun, Binary, Captain Marvel, Black Bolt and Lockjaw.

Script by Mark Gruenwald, breakdowns by John Heebink, finishes by Aaron McClellan.

I wish Marvel would give us a Starblast TPB collecting the whole saga. I know the story has a bad reputation, and some of the artwork is terrible, but there were so many cool characters in it, and I don't think I ever got to enjoy it in one single read. Plus, Marvel has collected pleanty of other worse storylines.

Peace

BANNED

IMO, when a reader is able to for lack of a better word 'overcome' the pencil art of Starblast #1 & 2 he/she will be just fine enjoying subsequent issues that make up the Starblast saga.

BANNED

The Marvel Family in LEGACY! by Gwhitmore

A fun mash-up. No matter what you think, the number of characters directly or indirectly inspired by the original Captain Marvel can't be denied.