Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT James Noel "Jim" Mooney!!!

Art by Jim Mooney, Colors by HK666

https://ohdannyboy.blogspot.nl/2008/...ney-1970s.html
    Another title that Jim became well known for was the female version of Marvel’s Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel.
    Working with inker Joe Sinnott, Jim found himself working in familiar territory – a female version of an already established super-hero.

“The only editor I had much contact with at Marvel was Chris Claremont,” said Jim, “who wrote my Ms. Marvel.
    He used to call me up just about every couple of weeks to give me these plots that might run on for an hour, an hour and a half.
    And they were good, he wrote a good story but it always amazed me that Marvel had no qualms about running up a phone bill like that.
    And I would record our conversations, of course; but the drawback was that I couldn't necessarily ask questions once we were done talking.
    So, I probably would have preferred a written script or plot, but we worked it out. She (Ms. Marvel) survived for awhile.
    It was quite a bit different to Supergirl though, more action and far looser. It was a pleasant enough strip.”

BANNED

Ms. Marvel #8 Aug 1977
    The Last Sunset...?
    Ms. Marvel tries to blow the whistle on AIM

but SHIELD can find no signs of their recent base; Ms. Marvel beats Grotesk

and takes back the Cavourite Crystal.

Script by Chris Claremont, pencils by Jim Mooney (breakdowns) and Joe Sinnott (finished art), inks by Joe Sinnott

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Sean Chen!!!

Carol reveals to Tony her love for vintage military aircrafts;

Warbird reveals to Iron Man her losses and gains through the years

From Iron Man #7 Aug 1998 written by Kurt Busiek with art by Sean Chen
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/sean-chen/4040-5567/

Side note: Love-love-love!, the artist Sean Chen's rendition of the comicbook character Carol Susan Jane Danvers aka WARBIRD!

BANNED

616 Warbird by FeydRautha81

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Wow, me likey this thread!
    It's great for me to celebrate the comicbook characters Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Binary and Warbird.
    I love those old stories, especially Carol's first book.
    I do too.
    I prefer Carol as Ms Marvel
    I liked said character with that code-name until Ms. Marvel #19.
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Ms. Marvel #19 art by Carmine Infantino

"Carol to Mar-Vell: All my life I've fought to be my own woman. The last thing I wanted was to become a female copy of anyone.. especially you."

With this issue, Chris Claremont made it very clear that, when publisher Martin Goodman ordered Stan The Man to create MC's own Captain Marvel, Stan REALLY NOT wanting to do it, Stan lazely came up with Mar-Vell Captain Marvel.
    Roy The Boy followed suit with Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel.

Detective Comics;
    Kal-El Superman
    Kara Danvers Supergirl

Marvel Comics;
    Mar-Vell Captain Marvel
    Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel

How much more on-the-nose can you get!

In establishing that the comicbook character Carol Danvers wanted to be her 'own woman' it made perfect sense to bestow on said character her own unique superhero name AND superhero look as in BINARY and WARBIRD (Carol's love for aircrafts)
    or as Binary.
    I always like the Binary name AND look for the comicbook character Carol Danvers to be her 'own woman'.
    Binary vs. Zenith

Binary vs. Gladiator

Glad Captain Universe Invisible Woman and Thordis got to battle Gladiator as well.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Gene "The Dean" Colan!!!

Marvel Super-Heroes #12 Dec 1967
    First appearance of Captain Mar-Vell

Marvel Super-Heroes #13 Mar 1968
    First appearance of Miss Danvers

Art by Gene Colan http://13thdimension.com/13-covers-a...y-celebration/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

616 Warbird by FeydRautha81
    lovely

plus 10

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #16 1982
    "Who's That Lady?" First appearance of Captain Marvel Monica Rambeau
    It's the dazzling debut of the all-new, all-different, all-terrific... Captain Marvel!
    After gaining her powers in a freak accident on an offshore oil rig, the New Orleans native needs help controlling her awesome new abilities!
    Monica travels to New York City in hopes of finding the Fantastic Four! But she bumps into the Spectacular Spider-Man first!

After eluding the web-slinger, Captain Marvel zooms to the Baxter Building!

However, Ben Grimm can only offer moral support, so he sends the distressed Captain to Avengers Mansion!
    Once there Shell-head and the Wasp attempt to stabilize Captain Marvel's runaway powers, but the wall-crawler inadvertently interferes!

Is the new Captain Marvel's superhero career going to be over...before it even starts?

Script by Roger Stern. Art by John Romita Jr. (breakdowns) and John Romita Sr. (finishes).

BANNED

Avengers #282 Aug 1987
    "Captives" Part 2 of 5.
    The Lord of Olympus has banished the Avengers to Hades! However in the Atlantic Ocean (and under orders from Zeus),
    Neptune grabs the Sub-Mariner and throws him in Hades too! But that could actually be a stroke of good fortune for Earth's Mightiest Heroes!
    If Prince Namor can navigate the River Styx, slip past watchful Cerberus, and bust into Fortress Tartarus; the Avengers might just have an opportunity to escape!

The situation looks bleak inside the castle dungeon especially with the thunder god suffering from crippling injuries.

And now Sub-Mariner, Black Knight, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Doctor Druid, She-Hulk, and Thor are to face Pluto and the hordes of Hades!

Script by Roger Stern. Art by John Buscema (breakdowns) and Tom Palmer (finishes).

BANNED

Avengers #350 Aug 1992
    "Repercussions"
    Did the Avengers think their killing of the Supreme Intelligence (three issues ago) would go unnoticed by the cosmos?
    If Earth's Mightiest Heroes did, they are in for a rude awakening! Light years from terra firma,
    a surviving Kree admiral makes a deal with Hepzibah and Raza Longknife to assassinate the Black Knight!

To that end the two starjammers convince their teammates to journey to Earth under the false pretense of visiting Binary in Avengers Mansion.

While the Starjammers and Avengers get acquainted,

Raza slips away to slay Dane Whitman!

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Steve Epting. Inks by Tom Palmer.

BANNED

Avengers #351 Aug 1992
    "Retribution!"
    In shocking fashion last issue, Raza stabbed the Black Knight during their duel in the hangar bay! And upon discovering their fallen teammate,
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes lash out at the Starjammers! Hercules and Thor drive Raza and Ch'od out of the mansion and temporarily defuse the situation!
    But the Avengers still want vengeance! So the Black Widow sends the Vision, Hercules, Thor, Sersi

and Binary to chase the renegade Starjammers, while Crystal oversees Dane's emergency medical treatment!
    When the Avengers catch up to the runaway space pirates, the battle is short and sweet!

In the end, Binary provides the solution to the mess Raza caused.

Script by Bob Harras. Pencils by Kevin West. Inks by Bud LaRosa.

BANNED

Avenging Spider-Man #10 Aug 2012
    BOSTON!
    Prepare to have your sox knocked off! A 50-ft tall red-headed madwoman versus an army of privatized mecha-police!

Care to guess who's caught in between?

Spider-Man and Daring Damsel Carol Danvers!

(W) Kelly Sue DeConnick (A) Terry Dodson

BANNED

After their team-up..

BANNED

Peter & Carol affirm..

BANNED

To be the BEST of friends!