Fantastic Member

Default Comic Book Dreams

Ever have dreams about comic books? I have!

Once I dreamed of a 70s-era Batman comic (dot ink and everything) that somehow had Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh as the villain. And just last night I dreamed of a lost Silver Age Thor comic whee Loki teamed up with Mr. Hyde to attack Thor. They were underwater for some reason and Thor ended up stepping on poisoned arrows and getting poisoned. It ended on a cliffhanger so I don't know how it ended.

I sometimes have dreams about comic shops, but not really about comics themselves.

I had a dream once, I was walking slowly on a harbor between gators, Batman was teleporting trying to get me to safety, but I walked through a door entering a building with a classic Resident Evil styled loading screen.
    And that is how the dream ended.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

There was a period in my life about 20 years ago where I knocked comic books on the head for what turned out to be over a decade. I kept having a recurring dream of going into local newsagents and picking out comics to buy just like I did as a kid. It happened a few times and helped to convince me to start reading again.

Not exactly comic book related but about a year ago I dreamt that I was getting hunted by Darth Vader though the village I live in under the dead of night.

Fantastic Member

Found one I had from a forum post some time ago.

"It began with me reading comic books in some warehouse. I was all alone and it was great for reading. It was a Captain America comic book, and somehow I got pulled inside. In the book, Cap had been captured by the Red Skull and was being beat up.

But it turned out it was one of his doubles, and since I was in the book, i was that double. Thanks to the mask and the jacket I was wearing, they didn't notice my hair, the fact i was a girl, or the different chin shape (I remember being REALLY concerned about that for some reason).

Anyway, it ended when one of the goons apparently broke my nose, but it turned out there was an invention by Tony Stark implanted in my nose to simulate it being broken. Then the Avengers showed up and rescued me, and I became an official member of the team cause they gave me Iron Man armor."

Fantastic Member

I had a weird dream where the resurrected Gwen from Clone Conspiracy turned evil, bonded with Venom, and fought Batgirl for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I sometimes have dreams about comic shops, but not really about comics themselves.
    Like, you walk in (yes the shop is open) but when you enter, there are no people, no shelves and no comics??

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I had a vague dream once that I was in a Spider-Man costume and I had to rescue Groucho Marx from the communists that were holed up in my back yard.

Invincible Member

Some months ago I had a dream about trying to buy silver age and bronze age Avengers comics. Of course the comics in my dream don't exist. Then before I checked out, I decided to got thru the 10 cent bin and pick up some coverless DC comics and beat up Marvel Team Ups. For some reason I couldn't actually leave. Like the door wasn't where it was supposed to be, so I go thru another door which was to an antique store if was connected to a college and then I left thru a side door.

The last couple of dreams I had were just about having a stack a comics I wanted to read but people distracting from it.

This one time I was in a comic book shop that was going out of business and the owner told me "Take anything you want - it's free!"

I ran around like a maniac scooping up armfuls of rare back issues and trades that I wanted to read.

Then I woke up and I was late for school.

Reality is cruel.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

One very vivid dream involved Betty, Veronica, Oreo cookies & a gallon of milk.

Back in the day, I would go on a weekly comic hunt to various drug stores and 7/11s (nobody seemed to have all the books released).

I have dreams about going on these treks.

Ah, yes, the various knooks of knowledge like drug stores and 7-11s, getti g some issues here, others there, all back in the day...

Marvel had a regular schedule for their books. So if you didn't see FF on the third Thursday, you had to look elsewhere.

BANNED

I very vividly remember a dream from many, many years ago.

I was Nightcrawler (or at least a very close representation), teleporting around in the air fighting flying robots. But I was wearing Juggernaut's helmet (fit to my size).