Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default So when can we expect superboy prime to return?

I think super dad had an image or flash back to him recently and it made me think of him. Do you think we will ever get to see the return of this wonderful character? Maybe in this multiverse event he will be the hero!

Maybe he has already returned.
    The unknown Clark Kent may be Superboy-Prime all grown-up.
    Maybe something happened to him that depowered him, or maybe he has some sort of red solar emitter that affects only him to give the appearance that he has no powers.

It's either that or this Clark Kent is the original Ultraman of Earth-3. In that Earth Clark Kent was a human that got his powers from being exposed to kryptonite radiation. So most likely it's either one hypothesis or the other.

Hopefully never. He's a gag character.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I doubt it, especially as things ramp up, but I still think it's possible there could be a fake-out and he's in fact Mr. Oz.
    Buh-bye

The "new" Clark is Hank Henshaw. Book it says I. He'll have some sort of epiphany and pull open his shirt to reveal a giant S, to the glee of someone nearby. But then he peels off half his face to reveal the Cyborg and blasts the poor soul.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sooner than later.... Hopefully!!
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hopefully never. He's a gag character.
    THIS.

See also Doomsday to see how what little SB had in Infinite Crisis can quickly erode with overexposure

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

I wouldn't mind him showing up as I actually like the character but if the Watchmen are screwing around with time, rebirth just seems like the type of event that Superboy Prime would show up for I don't know I just got a feeling, and what was with the bloody S logo being worn by the mystery Clark Kent under his shirt in the upcoming Superman solicits, that gives me pause I mean who else could it be?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

We did see an adult version of Superboy Prime in the Legion of 3 Worlds mini. He had become the Time Trapper and when young Superboy Prime attacked him they both blinked out of existance. Young Prime showed back up on his own world (or one very much like it) so who is to say what happened to the Time Trapper version of adult Prime.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 01-14-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hopefully never.
    Absolutely. The poor kid needs a break from all this comic book crap he was never ever equipped to deal with. He fundamentally just needs never to be in a comic book again.

I did like Legion of Three Worlds though.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

His entire conceit, Post-2006, is that he is a refugee of the Pre-COIE Multiverse who hated the Post-COIE DC Universe. Now that we're twice removed from that DCU (New 52 and REBIRTH), what would Superboy-Prime be returning to hate? HIS continuity is four-times removed at this point.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

connection? I'm curious about the mystery Clarke on the left, The bloody "S", who else would have it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a better image, the mystery Clarke and his showcasing of the bloody "S" symbol characteristic of Prime make is the key to me thinking maybe there's some connection

Spectacular Member

Mystery Clark being Prime could work though in my opinion his arc should be finished with The Blackest Night. It was pretty good ending for him that was then completely undone by his last appearance in Teen Titans.

Personally, if he were to be used again, I would having him be involved in more meta adventure and as a hero seeking a redemption instead of his usual cartoon-y villainy. Morrison's Multiversity's sequel would really work since Prime already has a perspective of the superhero worlds as comic books and a villains involved are going to be a challenge even to pre-Crisis Superman.

Maybe he's Superman Black.