Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    I'm only going on what we've seen as hard evidence so far. Max hasn't mentioned anything about the world being changed or continuity. All we know is he's had experience with the league. The others in his group are more motivated to get to the bottom of the altered continuity from what we've seen.

Now that's not to say it hasn't been alluded to, but it's relatively ambiguous so far so we'll see.
    I'd say him explicitly saying "there's been a change" in the first issue and then him seemingly confirming it when Johnny Sorry and Emerald Empress say time has been stolen in the second isn't too ambiguous.

Extraordinary Member

Of course he does...........why wouldn't he? What's your point? That Max knows him because Superman recognises him? There's no evidence to support that as of yet. We just know that Superman recognises Max Lord because of what he did on his version of Earth.
    You said that there wasn't evidence to suggest that Superman wasn't talking about the Max Lord from "his" continuity and was instead talking about "New 52" Max Lord (even though they're not separate people). How would that even be possible though if Superman hasn't been seen to interact with Max at all since Flashpoint?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'd say him explicitly saying "there's been a change" in the first issue and then him seemingly confirming it when Johnny Sorry and Emerald Empress say time has been stolen in the second isn't too ambiguous.
    When I read that line the only thought in my head was that he meant in society, the world, and that it probably meant humans were relying too much on metahumans and treating them like rulers. His background here kind of supports that, he was on his way to getting what he wanted until the League formed.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    You said that there wasn't evidence to suggest that Superman wasn't talking about the Max Lord from "his" continuity and was instead talking about "New 52" Max Lord (even though they're not separate people). How would that even be possible though if Superman hasn't been seen to interact with Max at all since Flashpoint?
    Nope, you misunderstood me. I think pre-Flashpoint Superman recognises Max Lord from what he saw of him in pre-Flashpoint continuity. I'm saying there's no evidence to show that Max recognises pre-Flashpoint Superman as pre-Flashpoint Superman. He hasn't referenced anything pre-Flashpoint yet.

We haven't seen them interact yet either so we don't know.
    Last edited by sustainentropy; 01-05-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Max saying "there's been a change" is ambiguous, because he could either mean a change in reality or a change in the way metahumans are perceived.

Everyone, with the exception of Superman (till Superman Reborn is over), is still a "New 52 version". Max has just somehow unlocked his lost memories, memories which everyone will certainly have unlocked as well by the time Rebirth is over and the restored history will create a definitive "Rebirth Earth-0". Not quite New 52, not quite even post-Crisis. But a mixture. The latter probably overruling the former but the former being merged in some capacity.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-05-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Everyone, with the exception of Superman (till Superman Reborn is over), is still a "New 52 version". Max has just somehow unlocked his lost memories, memories which everyone will certainly have unlocked as well by the time Rebirth is over and the restored history will create a definitive "Rebirth Earth-0". Not quite New 52, not quite even post-Crisis. But a mixture. The latter probably overruling the former but the former being merged in some capacity.
    Has it been confirmed that he has pre-Flashpoint memories though? So far the only indication is his comment about him and the League being old friends and he could well mean his dealing with them during Darkseid's invasion when Checkmate was self appointed International Police Force In Human-Superhuman Relations.
    Last edited by sustainentropy; 01-05-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Max saying "there's been a change" is ambiguous, because he could either mean a change in reality or a change in the way metahumans are perceived.
    Or...
    A change in his underwear...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Has it been confirmed that he has pre-Flashpoint memories though? So far the only indication is his comment about him and the League being old friends and he could well mean his dealing with them during Darkseid's invasion when Checkmate was self appointed International Police Force In Human-Superhuman Relations.
    Plus... the New52 reality that we see now may just be the current (final) version of Manhattan's interference...
    There could've been one or two more realities in-between that just weren't chronicled.

What if Max is remembering a reality that we never saw?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Or...
    A change in his underwear...
    Exactly! He was feeling fresh and ready to take on the days villainy

Plus... the New52 reality that we see now may just be the current (final) version of Manhattan's interference...
    There could've been one or two more realities in-between that just weren't chronicled.

My mind is open to that possibility too. It's like Frank Zappa said: "Your mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open."

BANNED

Nope, you misunderstood me. I think pre-Flashpoint Superman recognises Max Lord from what he saw of him in pre-Flashpoint continuity. I'm saying there's no evidence to show that Max recognises pre-Flashpoint Superman as pre-Flashpoint Superman. He hasn't referenced anything pre-Flashpoint yet.

We haven't seen them interact yet either so we don't know.
    Yeah, my general impression of pre-Flashpoint Superman is that he is basically walking around ignoring whatever differences could be in place between his pre-Flashpoint memories and the new52 versions. Most notably, he is convinced Lex Luthor is evil through and through, despite the fact that technically it's a different Lex Luthor than he really has experience with. He also generally feel pally with the rest of the heroes, essentially working under the assumption that if he liked them before, he will like them now, and the details are irrelevant.

(Heh, sorta like me, now that I think about it.)
    Last edited by GlennSimpson; 01-05-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I think that would too out there even for DC at this point. That's why the 10 years is most likely post-Crisis/Pre-Flashpoint memories. DC, if anything, is too lazy to come up with a whole other 10 years worth of original events that we never read as opposed to just filling in the blanks with events and stories that were already told.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-05-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Current stories also tend to reveal new bits of history every now and then such as the earlier Lobo suicide squad that is maybe before the Legends suicide squad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Current stories also tend to reveal new bits of history every now and then such as the earlier Lobo suicide squad that is maybe before the Legends suicide squad.
    Yup. Remember how Fraction's Fantastic Four retconned it so Ben was actually responsible for Victor's transformation into Dr. Doom?