Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default POLL: What do you think of "Batman V Superman's" first photo of Superman?

CBR wants to know what you think of the first photo of Henry Cavill's return as the Man of Steel in "Batman V Superman."

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Show me a trailer along with that photo and I might start getting hyped up for the movie's release.

BANNED

That looks like a MAN right there. A Superman.

Cant wait to see Batman get put in his place. Of course, lets not hope my dreams and hopes will get ruined like in the first film. Though it would be fantastic seeing a satirical movie with a man with the symbol of hope on his chest killing people.

If people dont like it I assume its because he looks more like good old fashioned Superman we all know, which is more than fine with me.

Is it just me, or does Henry Cavill look a bit more bulkier than last? In Man of Steel, he looked much more slim.

Also, the only thing they seem to have changed about the costume is changing the belt, and putting some extra carvings on the gauntlets and the boots that aren't visible anyway unless you zoom in. And that bulge...ugh.

I used to think the trunks were stupid, but only now just realized how vital they were to taking the focus off the "package".

Maybe if they had Henry Cavill wearing tight underwear beneath the suit...
    Last edited by The Red Monk; 07-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    "If you're afraid - don't do it - and if you're doing it - don't be afraid!" - Genghis Khan

Yeah, he's a bulkier this time around. There's a pic some pages back in the official movie thread of him in a tank top, the dude's huge.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-04-2014 at 12:42 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

He looks more like the classic Superman this time around, which is a good thing.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

He looks great! I wish they would add the spit curl.

Love it. He looks great and Gotham looks great

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Hahahahaha he looks so needy in that picture, it's almost adorable. Seriously, look at that face, those eyes. "Why don't you wuv me, auwdience?"

Did they change the belt? It's kind of hard to tell through all the rain, as since we never would have guessed otherwise they needed to reassure us this movie was going to be super-dark. Literally. Anyway, hope the first official shot of Batman is in a sunshiny day in Metropolis. It'd be kind of hilarious if it was a really bright, overtly superheroic Batman to offset Murderous Chiropractor Superman.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member

Skeptical about this movie, but yeah he looks freaking great.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

He looks like SUPERMAN just walked off the page. I'm so excited for this film.

It's not the classic, and to some degree I don't see the point of the changes, but I approve of the look. Plus, it gave us something to talk about for a day or two.

The round "buckle" was fine before, don't really see the point making it square (reminds me of when they did that for the costume in Lois and Clark. Looked goofier then too). Other than minor quibble though, looks fantastic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Anyway, hope the first official shot of Batman is in a sunshiny day in Metropolis.
    We've already seen the first official shot of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    He looks like SUPERMAN just walked off the page. I'm so excited for this film.
    Yeah, he looks fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to this movie.