Default Batman/Superman #12 discussion (spoilers)

Another good issue here. I didn't like how the book started in relation to how #11 ended, but I was happy with it, and its connection to how Earth 2 started.

BANNED

Filler, really filler. some nice moments between batman and superman, but again mindwipe? just no.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    Filler, really filler. some nice moments between batman and superman, but again mindwipe? just no.
    I actually don't think so.
    Look at the announcement at the end of the issue. "A clean slate awaits in batman/superman 13". Remember the sollicit for the incoming issue (batman/superman 13), with Catwoman meeting an amnesic Superman (don't remember if Batman was hinted to go through something similar or not).
    I think Kaio didn't just erased the experience from their mind, I think she's the reason Superman (and possibly Batman) is amnesic in the next issue.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    I actually don't think so.
    Look at the announcement at the end of the issue. "A clean slate awaits in batman/superman 13". Remember the sollicit for the incoming issue (batman/superman 13), with Catwoman meeting an amnesic Superman (don't remember if Batman was hinted to go through something similar or not).
    I think Kaio didn't just erased the experience from their mind, I think she's the reason Superman (and possibly Batman) is amnesic in the next issue.
    I didn't needed a replay of earth 2 #1 just to get their minds erased. Hope they will remember this adventure in the future.

I didn't needed a replay of earth 2 #1 just to get their minds erased. Hope they will remember this adventure in the future.
    Considering they're unlikely to stay amnesic, that's plausible.
    As for "a replay of earth 2" just to have their mind erased, well, we don't know much about what's going on afterwards, but if the next arc is connected to this the way I theorizes, there's probably going to be some more connections at some point (a final confrontation with Kaio, for instance).
    All in all, I felt it was a nice, emotional stand alone issue with a nice clifhanger, so I'm fine with it.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I liked this issue. There's an odd feeling whenever our heroes visit their counterparts on EARTH 2. Almost feels sepia-toned, sad. Anyone else get that vibe?

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I liked this issue. There's an odd feeling whenever our heroes visit their counterparts on EARTH 2. Almost feels sepia-toned, sad. Anyone else get that vibe?
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Which is fitting considering how, when they first met, the Earth 2 characters were older, wiser versions of themselves, and how things ended up for them.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah I love that bit. When they first visited EARTH 2, there was no crime and everyone was pretty much locked down.

Now it's literally Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yeah I love that bit. When they first visited EARTH 2, there was no crime and everyone was pretty much locked down.

Now it's literally Hell.
    Heh. I guess it does put things into perspective.

Yeah maybe a moment or two at most. But otherwise I did not like the issue at all. Even the art was only servicable. The best thing about the book was the 3 covers.

So was this just a clever attempt/way to retell the past/unchanged history of Earth2 that is going on in Earth2 and World Finest series?

BMSM-Cv12-combo-C1-a6a91.jpgBMSM-Cv12-1-25-var-a8ce4.jpgBMSM-Cv12-open-order-var-9a28f.jpg
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 07-06-2014 at 12:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    Yeah maybe a moment or two at most. But otherwise I did not like the issue at all. Even the art was only servicable. The best thing about the book was the 3 covers.

So was this just a clever attempt/way to retell the past/unchanged history of Earth2 that is going on in Earth2 and World Finest series?

BMSM-Cv12-combo-C1-a6a91.jpgBMSM-Cv12-1-25-var-a8ce4.jpgBMSM-Cv12-open-order-var-9a28f.jpg
    I don't know, but now that world's finest will be about batman/superman of earth 2, no issues of batman/superman setting in earth 2 could be nice. or 2 books dealing with it become pointless, specially if one erases their minds.
    I hope clark/bruce still have the memories, specially clark that could take a huge lesson about life from this issue and grow