Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Incredible Member

I was unaware there was an audience for him... I don't see this lasting... maybe he'll save his father from the moon and the real nick fury will be back!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...on-aco-spring/

Not sure how I feel about the art style either.
    Last edited by Bossace; 01-05-2017 at 03:13 PM.

BANNED

On one hand, Fake Fury can go die in a ditch, but... it sounds kinda cool, actually. And ACO killed it over at Midnighter. Eh, I might get the single trade...

Extraordinary Member

I'd much prefer Nick Fury Sr.

Niffleheim

I'll take a peek but i hope it's personal and not SHIELDS entrenched or just in the background.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Meanwhile at Marvel:

IMG_0361.JPG

Art seems interesting, and I think Robinson is fine. Besides that, I have no interest in this at all.

It really seems Marvel is throwing out anything and seeing what sticks, without much reward.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Art seems interesting, and I think Robinson is fine. Besides that, I have no interest in this at all.
    His handling of F4 was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    His handling of F4 was horrible.
    I thought it was meh, ok at best. It was a story that was told thousands of times before, added nothing new and easily forgotten.

But I loved Sue kicking Dooms ass
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Not a huge fan of the character, but my biggest complaint is how insignificant he is. Hopefully this will give him a meaningful role.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Love the art. I'll check it out for that alone.

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was meh, ok at best. It was a story that was told thousands of times before, added nothing new and easily forgotten.

But I loved Sue kicking Dooms ass
    Doom getting his ass kicked is always worth the price.

BANNED

It really seems Marvel is throwing out anything and seeing what sticks, without much reward.
    What I love about Marvel is that they're trying new things, giving characters a chance to find an audience. It's not just all about the big guns. And if not all of these books catch on, that's ok - they gave it a shot. But often times an unlikely prospect does pay off, as with Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur - books that find a small but devoted following. If Marvel didn't give long shots a go, we wouldn't have books like the new Hawkeye, which is fantastic. So they can keep taking chances as far as I'm concerned. Having a more diverse line is far better than just putting out the same old, same old.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    What I love about Marvel is that they're trying new things, giving characters a chance to find an audience. It's not just all about the big guns. And if not all of these books catch on, that's ok - they gave it a shot. But often times an unlikely prospect does pay off, as with Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur - books that find a small but devoted following. If Marvel didn't give long shots a go, we wouldn't have books like the new Hawkeye, which is fantastic. So they can keep taking chances as far as I'm concerned. Having a more diverse line is far better than just putting out the same old, same old.
    They don't get that.

If Marvel toss out a Nick Fury Senior book-where is that line to buy it?

Now it's true that can be said about this book too. However this will be the book store owners will blame for low comic book sales not Nick Senior.

My biggest complaint with the character is if they wanted Sam Jackson Fury, why not just grab Ultimate Fury? It says a lot about how convoluted and forced the characters origins are when grabbing a Nick Fury from another universe is simpler.

Still all that said, art is very nice.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!