Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Nick Fury Jr is not just black Nick Fury. This is Nick Fury with a legacy in front of him who's still fairly new but more comfortable in this spy game. You couldn't tell this story with 616 Nick, he hasn't been anything resembling green for years real time and even longer in Marvel time. The same thing with Ultimate Nick, he's just like 616 Nick where he's been this spy grandmaster since his inception. The characters aren't interchangeable, the are fufilling completely different roles (again a role that Fury has not occupied in years). If we're looking for an Agent Fury, then Nick Fury Jr is the only one to use. So enough with the whining already.

Is anyone seriously looking forward to buying this book knowing for sure that it will only last 1 arc?

Please don't buy this. Buy something that might or might not get cancelled so you help that book. This will get cancelled whether you buy it or not. Support the books that are on the edge. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sorry about that .
    It's okay. More of a joke on my end. Part of me figured it would've been Jr.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Nick Fury Jr is not just black Nick Fury. This is Nick Fury with a legacy in front of him who's still fairly new but more comfortable in this spy game. You couldn't tell this story with 616 Nick, he hasn't been anything resembling green for years real time and even longer in Marvel time. The same thing with Ultimate Nick, he's just like 616 Nick where he's been this spy grandmaster since his inception. The characters aren't interchangeable, the are fufilling completely different roles (again a role that Fury has not occupied in years). If we're looking for an Agent Fury, then Nick Fury Jr is the only one to use. So enough with the whining already.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Is anyone seriously looking forward to buying this book knowing for sure that it will only last 1 arc?

Please don't buy this. Buy something that might or might not get cancelled so you help that book. This will get cancelled whether you buy it or not. Support the books that are on the edge. Please.
    Nah, I'd rather buy this book.

Fantastic Member

Uh, what? I'm gonna be honest, I'm really looking forward to this book. I've been wanting a Nick Fury Jr. book for a while now, and I'm so excited that we're finally getting one. And I'm used to the books I love only having 1 arc (I'm still upset that Nighthawk was cancelled) but just because this book doesn't interest you doesn't mean you should persuade others not to buy it. Books get cancelled, it sucks but it happens. But people buying this book doesn't mean that another book will get axed because of it.

BANNED

If the book and stories are good, then this is really bad advice. It's, in fact, self contradictory.

Yeah, it's a self fulfilling prophecy!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    If the book and stories are good, then this is really bad advice. It's, in fact, self contradictory.
    And lets not forget we have had books get axed that sold because someone in CHARGE didn't care for it or the lead.

Go ask Wally West fans about that.

Or Cassandra Cain fans.

Or John Stewart fans-the few who haven't quit on DC as a whole. Or Cully Hammer who was the artist on John's book and he will tell you that some editor didn't care for the book.

Or Tony Isabella and his second Black Lighting run.

Or Nightwing fans.

Or Static fans.

Or Stephanie Brown fans who went OFF on DC management more than once.

And NOBODY bought Cyborg's first series-to the point MOON GIRL beat him. Yet someone got a second change. If he can get a second change and still tank-why can't guys like Nick Fury Jr get a shot?

Whop would have thought a Green Lantern book without HAL would sell? If you ignore the fact John & Kyle & Guy sold without Hal previously.

All this crying over books that are NOT the reason you don't have certain demo lead books is not going to bring them back any time soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    A book no one asked for starring a character no one likes..... what could go wrong.
    I asked for it and I like him

I am and if it only lasts one arc then at least we may have gotten a great arc

Naw doing what you're asking just means I want the same old stuff regurgitated in a never ending self hate comic reading cycle

Now I see why the major comic publishers keep going back to the same 8-9 cbaracters, there are so many fans that lose it if they try to write something different with other characters. just forget that a good writer might be to...you know write something good and be daring by not using the same track characters.
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 01-17-2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: name calling

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Now I see why the major comic publishers keep going back to the same 8-9 cbaracters, there are so many fans that lose it if they try to write something different with other characters. just forget that a good writer might be to...you know write something good and be daring by not using the same track characters.
    Yeah it's almost as if the success or failure of a character depends on how the fans react to them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Yeah it's almost as if the success or failure of a character depends on how the fans react to them.

It would be even more amazing if folks read it first before crapping on it

Incredible Member

I don't understand people sometimes.

"Nick Fury Jr is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character because no one writes about him."

(Marvel gives him ongoing)

"Marvel should not have come up with the Nick Fury Jr ongoing because he is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I don't understand people sometimes.

"Nick Fury Jr is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character because no one writes about him."

(Marvel gives him ongoing)

"Marvel should not have come up with the Nick Fury Jr ongoing because he is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character."
    You have just broken the space time continuum

Mighty Member

If they wanted a black Nick Fury, with secret wars it was the good time to use the Ultimate Nick Fury in the 616 universe. This new rookie Nick Fury, with his stupid background, is not interesting at all. But the art is good, though.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !