Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

Ah, you get me all excited and then tell me it's about Little Nicky!

I don't know if it's just the black & white with the eye popping colour but that art is looking mighty fine to me.
    I also don't know if I could be bothered to read another James Robinson book. I thought I liked him but I just don't know anymore... (just realised, I don't know a lot )

And I just don't care about Nick Jr.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    What I love about Marvel is that they're trying new things, giving characters a chance to find an audience. It's not just all about the big guns. And if not all of these books catch on, that's ok - they gave it a shot. But often times an unlikely prospect does pay off, as with Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur - books that find a small but devoted following. If Marvel didn't give long shots a go, we wouldn't have books like the new Hawkeye, which is fantastic. So they can keep taking chances as far as I'm concerned. Having a more diverse line is far better than just putting out the same old, same old.
    I love when Marvel takes chances, if they didn't then I would have no hope for what I want in my sig. But the amount that Marvel put out at the same time, along with increased competition is like they are expecting it to not last. That is my main problem. Many books would be received better if the Marvel line wasn't so saturated at the moment, and if there was more fanfare. Look at Spider Gwen, that had awesome advertising and didn't have too much competition. It feels like Marvel is throwing some of these characters out to the sharks.

It feels like Marvel doesn't have a clear vision for their comic line at the moment. Also, I'm completely apathetic Nick Fury jr. (and senior) but that's just me.
    Last edited by Crimz; 01-05-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Not the nick fury i want to read about. And where's coulson?!

Niffleheim

Unfortunately Guggenheim happened to Coulson.

Robinson isn't any better either but at least he has an ongoing that is still being published.

Even if this solo turns out not to be successful the story has been overdue since his introduction.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This Fury is still around? I was hoping he was replaced with Ultimate Fury.

Incredible Member

Maybe ultimate fury will kill and replace him... or senior will come back and replace jr. either would be acceptable choices! This fury has terrible origins and when they first introduced him they shoehorned him everywhere

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

Robinson isn't any better either but at least he has an ongoing that is still being published.

Even if this solo turns out not to be successful the story has been overdue since his introduction.
    I agree with the bolded. I've been wanting a Nick Fury (Jr.) book since I read the SHIELD 50th anniversary special. I'd love to know more about him.

I've enjoyed Robinson's writing on the soon ending Scarlet Witch book and I loved ACO's art on Midnighter...but I can't really think of many other marvel characters that I have less interest in. I guess his story in CW2: Choosing Sides was okay, but he's a character I pretty easily even forget exists.

Bluebird

I really think Coulson should become a key player with the whole HydraCap story, possibly being one of the few people who figure out that something's not right with Cap.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Coulson was fine in Guggenheim's book. The book was a bit dull, but Coulson was fine.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I thought it was meh, ok at best. It was a story that was told thousands of times before, added nothing new and easily forgotten.

But I loved Sue kicking Dooms ass

He was holding back because Val was there and he didn't want to striker her mother in front of her. But she did come up with a creative way to use her force field...or was that another case of Reed giving her pointers like in the silver age stories ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes;2i510994
    I really think Coulson should become a key player with the whole HydraCap story, possibly being one of the few people who figure out that something's not right with Cap.
    I'm still ticked off over what they did to selvig, but if coulson was involved, i might start reading hydracap again.

Can't wait to pick this up. Honestly was long overdue and the art looks amazing.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Coulson was fine in Guggenheim's book. The book was a bit dull, but Coulson was fine.
    Guggenheim happened.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I like Robinson and the art looks very nice, but I'm just trying to find the appeal to a Jr. solo...

I mean, he's not the Sam Jackson Fury, and his entire existence is kind of defined by Marvel's silly need for synergy, so I don't think there's really much to him other then an African-American Nick Fury who's always just kinda...there. Even this book is taking a lot of cues from the Steranko stuff associated with Fury Sr.

But I guess he's also so much of a blank-slate that it gives Robinson a lot to work with.
    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    His handling of F4 was horrible.
    I thought he did a solid, fun, FF run overall. Left the team on a good-note for their last series before Secret War .