Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

I'll take a peek but i hope it's personal and not SHIELDS entrenched or just in the background.
    I for sure will be giving it a chance.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It really is too bad they didn't wait just a little longer and just port Ultimate Fury over to the 616 along with Miles and Reed. I prefer the original Nick Sr, but Ultimate Nick was also awesome. Marcus is just bland and forced.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    If they wanted a black Nick Fury, with secret wars it was the good time to use the Ultimate Nick Fury in the 616 universe. This new rookie Nick Fury, with his stupid background, is not interesting at all. But the art is good, though.
    Except the timing is off by years. Nick Fury Jr. was introduced years before Secret Wars. And, once Secret Wars happened, there would be no point bringing over 1610 Nick Fury because then you'd have two black Nick Fury characters who look like Samuel L. Jackson.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Except the timing is off by years. Nick Fury Jr. was introduced years before Secret Wars. And, once Secret Wars happened, there would be no point bringing over 1610 Nick Fury because then you'd have two black Nick Fury characters who look like Samuel L. Jackson.
    And Nick Fury Junior was such a popular and well-received character in those years between Fear Itself and Secret Wars. Wouldn't want to sabotage that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul View Post
    I don't understand people sometimes.

"Nick Fury Jr is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character because no one writes about him."

(Marvel gives him ongoing)

"Marvel should not have come up with the Nick Fury Jr ongoing because he is an underdeveloped and uninteresting character."
    Hahaha. Exactly!

Glad to see so many others open to giving this a shot. I've wanted more Agent Fury stories for years, and Robinson is king when when it comes to focused character drive stories. Anyone who's read his Shade or Scarlet Witch knows what I'm talking about. This could really be something special.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    And Nick Fury Junior was such a popular and well-received character in those years between Fear Itself and Secret Wars. Wouldn't want to sabotage that.
    Hehe. Yes. The MCU Fury I can tolerate, partly because I wasn't interested in the Ultimates after the second volume. I grew up reading Fury Sr., so Jr. hasn't been in anything I can remember, not counting what, Battle Scars and even then they tacked on the 'Nick Fury' ID and shoehorned Coulson into the MU with Daisy/Skye later on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So they can kill Nick Fury jr. to replace him with Ultimate Nick Fury. It's not like anybody care.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I hadn't heard anything about Fury jr. for a while. Now I know why I guess LOL. Well, for those who are interested in picking it up, I hope you enjoy it and if I hear enough good things about it I might get it on trade

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Honestly, I don't think it's impossible at all to live down Marcus Johnson. Maybe the writing at some point will be so good that they can bring it up and people won't groan. The character was actually pretty cool in the Kot comic a few years ago.

That art is very interrrrresting! Oh my, I do believe I am getting the vapors.

The art alone just might get me to actually buy a physical copy of this. It's got that Kirby/Steranko vibe going in big time.

*Notice I said nothing about the writer/story-wise*

All I want to know now is when does the trade come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Is anyone seriously looking forward to buying this book knowing for sure that it will only last 1 arc?

Please don't buy this. Buy something that might or might not get cancelled so you help that book. This will get cancelled whether you buy it or not. Support the books that are on the edge. Please.
    This is a really silly way of thinking lol
    We need better comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    That art is very interrrrresting! Oh my, I do believe I am getting the vapors.

The art alone just might get me to actually buy a physical copy of this. It's got that Kirby/Steranko vibe going in big time.

*Notice I said nothing about the writer/story-wise*

All I want to know now is when does the trade come out?
    Story might be good. Story might be bad. But being the son of a legendary warrior and spymaster, just mastering the spy game has potential for good stories (and unique ones, tied to character, that cannot be told with his father or his Ultimate counterpart...).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I like Robinson, his Invaders and Scarlet Witch, both 15 issues were solid.
    However, I'm done with new Marvel monthly books. Will check this out in trade at some point. I think with Robinson's name and if he ropes in The Unseen(NFSr) somehow it should get 12 issues at least.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The artwork is gorgeous.
    Now, this is an interesting super spy tale!
    http://www.newsarama.com/32754-garth...spy-drama.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    So they can kill Nick Fury jr. to replace him with Ultimate Nick Fury. It's not like anybody care.
    Or they could just write Marcus the same way they write Ultimate Nick.

Marcus is a blank slate, there is no real rendition to be faithful to.