Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    She has the same origin as Son Wukong.
    I just realized the connection.

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Little more than 20 pages but.. A quite complete chapter..

    Omen will not leave the tower. No help.. he should wait more for investigate Omen... Or Call LEX LUTHOR, he is interested too in omen

    WOW.. one Bat-man's gym.. Robin of china.. hahaha.. After rebirth we have seen very little of batman-robin.. Even among his allies Baixi has enemies...

    -PEOPLE, WHO I AM?
    -OH, YOU ARE MY SHIRT TWIN..

    HAHAHAHAHA

    So, this I-Ching is an old DC character.. Interesting..

    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/i-ching/4005-37643/

    One Jo-Ker? upssss.... the Joker will kill him, he hates the imitators.


    Hmm... The academy of the lantern... Strange... The ring choose the lanterns... and you work for the CORPS
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-11-2017 at 12:44 PM.

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    I can't wait to see what Yang does with the Green-Lantern of China .

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, wondy and bats was fun, but from the sounds of it, she may be hundreds of years old.
    Sounds like I'm going to have to re-read this. What implied that?

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Panfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sounds like I'm going to have to re-read this. What implied that?
    When discussing holiday plans with Baixi, "I spent the last couple of centuries stuck in a giant rock, remember? Not much family left."

  6. #21
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Vinyl Mayhem
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    I didn't like how Kenan was drawn in this issue. He looked like what Kenan thinks he looks like, instead of how he actually looks.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    When discussing holiday plans with Baixi, "I spent the last couple of centuries stuck in a giant rock, remember? Not much family left."
    Hmm. That seemed like sarcasm to me but I guess it could be literal. Huh.

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I didn't like how Kenan was drawn in this issue. He looked like what Kenan thinks he looks like, instead of how he actually looks.
    This was the same thing I noticed when Reis drew him in Superman #14, though I actually thought it was less noticeable here.

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member vasir12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Hmm. That seemed like sarcasm to me but I guess it could be literal. Huh.
    It was too striking to be sarcasm. The artist would have conveyed it if it were.

  10. #25
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    She has the same origin as Son Wukong.
    Yeah I realized that too when I read it. That's pretty cool. It's a nice nod to his and wonder woman's pygmalionesque origins.

  11. #26
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Cultural literacy rules.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    It was too striking to be sarcasm. The artist would have conveyed it if it were.
    Sarcasm or exaggeration it seemed to me.

    But if it is true that'll be interesting to hear. It's already been implied she had some sort of doomed love that earned her some kind of prison sentence. I suppose that could've been some kind of literal magical judgement if what you're saying is true. But if so then she's recovered amazingly. XD

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sarcasm or exaggeration it seemed to me.

    But if it is true that'll be interesting to hear. It's already been implied she had some sort of doomed love that earned her some kind of prison sentence. I suppose that could've been some kind of literal magical judgement if what you're saying is true. But if so then she's recovered amazingly. XD
    Hitting a cultural motif in the country/region where it's home? By a creator that usually consciously works such motifs into all his works? And that's he's talked about in all his interviews about the book?

    Nah. It's deliberate and it's pertinent. Cultural literacy and all.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Hitting a cultural motif in the country/region where it's home? By a creator that usually consciously works such motifs into all his works? And that's he's talked about in all his interviews about the book?

    Nah. It's deliberate and it's pertinent. Cultural literacy and all.
    Hey. It most likely is based on what I googled and you folks said but it just isn't something that would pop out to me, especially when the way it's said can easily be explained.

    Though given I don't know much about the writer and don't read interviews whatever themes he's known for would be be lost on me. But yeah. It probably is delibrerate. Hopefully it just becomes more overt so I can grasp what they're alluding to.

  15. #30
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I really enjoyed this issue, Billy tan's art is amazing. Bogdanovic is cool and all but im not a fan of his cartoony syle. and the Variants are awesome, superman eating different foods in each cover

    I like the idea of the batman and green lantern academy. maybe we'll see a chinese green lantern soon. My only issue is with the design of chinese joker, i just cant take it seriously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •