Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Everyone talking about Wally's kids and all I want is Lian Harper back !!!!!!!!

Lian Harper was in Convergence so I would guess that restoring the 10 lost years can also bring back Lian Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Lian Harper was in Convergence so I would guess that restoring the 10 lost years can also bring back Lian Harper.
    I'm still waiting for Cheshire to show up .

Amazing Member

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! This looks so good! Why can't Weeks be the regular artist instead of Brett "I-can-only-draw-two-faces" Booth?

Anyway, it's nice to see that old Harper-West rivalry back. And I love Donna's reaction, she's already so tired of their BS. I almost feel bad for her.

Abnett really seem to get the characters and their team dynamic (not that there was any doubt before, but the first arc didn't leave much room for that kind of banter and they were all pretty much strangers in Titans Hunt). I'm really interested to see what he's going to do with Wally and Linda's relationship. It's nice to know that he hasn't forgotten their children, that he actually has plans regarding everything, but that he's just playing it slow.

I think even without Superman's guest appearance, I'd still be really excited for this issue and the ones to come after such a sweet preview.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Besides the whole point of Rebirth is to bring back beloved characters and concepts. Fans have been vocal about bringing her back ever since that god-awful Cry for Justice came out, so I'm willing to say there's a 90% chance it will happen. We just need to be a little more patient

Titans and Superman interacting, this was my dream. I remenber that issue of Devin Grayson run when Superman help the team, was one of my favorites, i hope than this would be just as good. Also is good to see Abnett finally putting more meat in the team dynamics. Love Donna's reaction to the discussion.

Me too. Curse you, Cry for Justice and Rise of the Arsenal (i thought that you were better than that J.T Krul), you are still in my memory.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Honestly I'd like to forget Cry for Justice and Rise of the Arsenal even exist. I hope Rebirth forgets they happened as well.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Honestly I'd like to forget Cry for Justice and Rise of the Arsenal even exist. I hope Rebirth forgets they happened as well.
    I think that everyone wants to forget thoses

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

There's an interview with Abnett over on Newarama that goes in depth about the teases to the background story of Rebirth: http://www.newsarama.com/32645-manha...in-titans.html

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    There's an interview with Abnett over on Newarama that goes in depth about the teases to the background story of Rebirth: http://www.newsarama.com/32645-manha...in-titans.html
    Abnett also said in the interview that Lee didn't feel like he was quite there with his version of the Titans. If this was him not quite there then I absolutely demand he at the least keep coming back until he "gets it." This looked beautiful to me!

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Abnett also said in the interview that Lee didn't feel like he was quite there with his version of the Titans. If this was him not quite there then I absolutely demand he at the least keep coming back until he "gets it." This looked beautiful to me!
    Agreed! He's an incredible artist. I've loved his art since he did those few issues of Amazing Spider-Man in 2008 or 2009.

I think Weeks' art looks better mostly because of the inking.
    It has a much better balance of contrast, and the characters look more solid.

And I do agree that Booth's art seems to suffer under bright colors.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

After reading the Newsarama interview, I'm worried Bumblebee isn't actually joining the team. I really hope that's not true. She'd bring a much needed new element to this team. Sure, she has TT connections already, but she'd help make this less all about nostalgia as she wasn't part of this version of the original team.

I agree I love Karen as BUMBLEBEE and would be very disappointed if she's not a regular member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    After reading the Newsarama interview, I'm worried Bumblebee isn't actually joining the team. I really hope that's not true. She'd bring a much needed new element to this team. Sure, she has TT connections already, but she'd help make this less all about nostalgia as she wasn't part of this version of the original team.

Extraordinary Member

The definitely like the idea Abnett lays down of Wally remembering MORE of Pre-Flashpoint history as time goes forward than remembering less.

I doubt the kids are coming back. It seems to me like regardless even of the restoration, that they want to start the Wally and Linda courtship over. Fans will get them back as a romantic item soon enough, but it'll go through the phases again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El