Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Steve Rogers needs a vacation from Superheroing when he's freed from Brainwash

When Steve is Freed from his Hydra brainwashing, here's hoping he takes a long overdue vacation and gets some time to himself. I mean he needs to get away from EVERYTHING Superheroing and just tries to find who is Steve Rogers in the post Hydra influence of his past.

If Batman can take a break from Gotham and find time for Bruce Wayne to make a vocational appearance or two, then surely Steve Rogers can do the same thing.

It'd be kind of disappointing to see Steve retire again after the HydraCap business.

It would mean we never really got to have him back as Captain America, and would have to wait for him to come back again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of disappointing to see Steve retire again after the HydraCap business.

It would mean we never really got to have him back as Captain America, and would have to wait for him to come back again.
    Exactly this.

BANNED

He should have retired when he was turned old, but we never had that. Besides Steve Rogers, to my mind NEVER left Superhero stuff behind given that after his reborn moment he was a Super Solider and even now.

I just want to see a year without Steve Rogers putting on any Superhero theme suit.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    He should have retired when he was turned old, but we never had that. Besides Steve Rogers, to my mind NEVER left Superhero stuff behind given that after his reborn moment he was a Super Solider and even now.

I just want to see a year without Steve Rogers putting on any Superhero theme suit.

He was gone for over a year when he was "killed" ten or so years ago so I don't see why he needs a vacation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Storm View Post
    He was gone for over a year when he was "killed" ten or so years ago so I don't see why he needs a vacation.
    He was supposedly dead for a year and frozen for several decades. By vacation: I mean no more craziness and at least trying to deal with the actions he made when he was partly brainwashed.

Trying to move away from it all for a while and finding yourself again as an individual. Something along the lines of that as a vacation.

I'd be fine with him just having a secret identity back and trying to actually have a life again.

Replaced by Falcon, losing his powers & growing into an old man, then brainwashing... Yeah, he needs a vacation.

Good thing Marvel has his new replacement all set up and ready to go! (See U.S.Avengers #1)

U.S.Avengers (2017-) 001 (2017) (digital)-017.jpg

how about they kill him and then bring the founders to the present timeline; like they did the original X-Men. isn't that why they "villainized" the others; except Jan?

Fantastic Member

I'm going to have to second this. I want a Steve Rogers book where he's normal. Someone asked me the other day if I really want a vanilla Captain America book, where all he does is punch out Nazis and go after Hydra. I feel bad for saying it, but my answer is actually yes. All the other books can have a heavy plot. I just wanna see Cap punch people out again.

No, he needs to get back to business and fix whatever damage he caused while he was with hydra.

I'd say the opposite, Cap needs several years of just being cap. I mean in the last decade he's had time dead, elderly, and evil. Just let him be Cap for a while. That's not to say Sam needs to give up his title or anything, if two Cap books work, two cap books work, but following his evil stint Steve should get to enjoy some superheroics.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

I dunno, I suppose it depends how you define him as a character. I personally would love to see him take some time out and go on a personal journey because Steve Rodgers is a great character, not Captain America. What I mean by that is that he dose not need to be wearing the uniform or throwing the shield to be a good story explores his views, morality and future.

BANNED

perhaps he will need to be whisked out at the end a LA Bendis by reed or kubix or some other cosmic cube claiming he is one of them now.he will then turn into captain universe by bonding with the enigma force. or maybe they will put him i into suspended animation again because I can't somehow see him reclaiming his shield from falcon cap so he is going to be removed from the field again screaming hail hydra till the bitter end just so the outrage starts pouring in. you cant put it beyond marvel. Alternatively they may just write a noir like story a la daredevil reborn and have him travel america to discover truth justice and the american way a LA superman. However he will not replace falcon again. I am betting on it.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 01-06-2017 at 09:02 PM.

Steve has made a long and boring history of walking away from the shield. He was Nomad, He was the Captain, He was what? Super-soldier I think? Bucky took over, Falcoln took over, he was dead, he was old, he was evil... There has been WAY too many stories about him NOT being Captain America. I want to get back to a time where he IS captain America.

I really don't see how he'd be able to come to any resoulution without the costume and shield. Does anyone REALLY want a year or two of watching Steve paint landscapes of the mountains while he 'finds himself'? That sounds so boring...

Biggest problem is that Steve Rogers is usually a non-entity. He has always had one of the more underutilized secret identities in the Marvel U. I would love to see them dig into Steve again, give him a supporting cast that are NOT avengers or super heroes at all. Rediscover his true core... but absolutely they need to keep him in the costume and remind everyone WHY he is the REAL Captain America.