Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I could do without another Steve Rogers returns story.

Just let him get unbrainwashed and lead some kind of Cap Corps against HYDRA or something. Let him be Captain America.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

even when he quit being captain america he always showed that Steve was the man behind the legend whose beliefs drive the man who is captain america ensuring he can be replaced but he will always come back to ensure the protection of liberty. Even when broken after zemo destroyed all his momentos from the war and perverted time and again by the skull by the cosmic cube or outsted from the cap I'd due to political maneovourings he has come back stronger and more committed but maybe this storyline will ensure that he will die as a hydra traitor or will be have to be put back into suspended animation giving tony company in his coma. Hard to see how this storyline can end.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Please just let him be Captain America, no strings attached, for a while, I would be totally onboard with a ban on any gimmicks for Cap for a few years at least.
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be kind of disappointing to see Steve retire again after the HydraCap business.

It would mean we never really got to have him back as Captain America, and would have to wait for him to come back again.
    They'd probably kill him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Replaced by Falcon, losing his powers & growing into an old man, then brainwashing... Yeah, he needs a vacation.

Good thing Marvel has his new replacement all set up and ready to go! (See U.S.Avengers #1)

Attachment 43462
    That's distant future, hell MAC also becomes Captain America in the future as well.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Please just let him be Captain America, no strings attached, for a while, I would be totally onboard with a ban on any gimmicks for Cap for a few years at least.
    Yes please.

if anything the Marvel Universe needs Steve to be Captain America now more than it has in a long time.

All-New Member

Any one have any idea how long we're having Steve Rogers as HydraCap?

Quote Originally Posted by sgeake View Post
    Any one have any idea how long we're having Steve Rogers as HydraCap?
    Maybe after Secret Empire is over which might be at the beginning of 2018. i also think Marvel would bring the real steve rogers back in time for Avengers Infinity War

I can see Steve forcing himself into retirement once he regains his mind and sees all that he did while he was HydraCap.

Especially once he learns what happened to Jack Flag.

Kobik will erase everything...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Kobik will erase everything...
    I actually really hope so. Steve Rogers doesn't deserve this. I don't care how "great a villain" some people thing Hydra Cap is, Steve Rogers doesn't deserve to have that on his character. And I think it stinks that now of all times when I'd actually love the real(if fictional) Steve Rogers take on current events, I mean pretty much actual Nazi's on the rise in America, instead we have Hydra Cap as the bad guy dreaming of creating concentration camps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No, he needs to get back to business and fix whatever damage he caused while he was with hydra.
    It would be better if he was forced into hiding/retirement for a while and THINK about his actions before deciding what to do next.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    YES. This. NO 'new' IDs, no retirement, just Cap slinging the shield, the REAL shield, HIS shield, not that Stark-esque looking thing. That shield fits Sam, with the tech-y wings and such.

I'd like to see him on a bike, cruising thru America, doing the 'Cap' thing and reminding people why he was/is the guy that stands FOR America, not the government (those change), the idea of America.

I wanna read a Cap comic and yell 'MURICA, F YEAH!' after reading it.

Was that too much?

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    It would be better if he was forced into hiding/retirement for a while and THINK about his actions before deciding what to do next.
    I would not say hiding per-say, their is going to have to be realization that Steve was Mentally and Reality Wise Manipulated to the Totally F***ing degree beyond realization. So I hope Marvel does NOT Gloss over that and just lands all the punishment on Steve for something that got Horribly forced on him by the Red Skull.

Their has to be consideration for Steve as a Victim in all of that, it is plainly obvious.

I think however sometime away to contemplate all of this, how if 1st turns out by the end of Secret Empire how that will be 1st, that it is good to have sometime for Steve to Contemplate these events allot is a good thing. But I don't want it to last to long, many of us Capt Fans have been wanting the Original Steve Rogers back in action for sometime now since he got old a few years ago. So we like to see our Original Red-White-&-Blue Hero Back in Action like we see him in the Movies!

Honestly if I could see Steve having to talk to anyone outside of his main Capt Series friends on this issue of Mental and Personal manipulation of his very being and how to deal with it, I feel and would like him and Wanda Maximoff to have a good sitedown on this since in her lasted solo series she had GREAT Character development in this area!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!