All-New Member

Default new to comics what to read?

Ok read skme comics few years ago. Back then read scarlet spider, xo manowar, batman and green arrow. Now returning and looking for suggestions what read. Walking dead only 1 for sure on my list as of now. Love show and friend loaned skme get me up to speed and loving it. Love arrow and flash and all cw tv shows. Love all comic movies. So looking for suggestions looking start out at around 20 month and go from there.

Lazarus
    Saga
    Deadly Class
    Wicked + The Divine
    Black Hammer
    Southern Bastards
    Kill or be Killed
    Monstress
    Moonshine
    East of West

Valiant have a new XO Manowar series starting soon. And a bunch of new series in the following months.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brown040613 View Post
    Ok read skme comics few years ago. Back then read scarlet spider, xo manowar, batman and green arrow. Now returning and looking for suggestions what read. Walking dead only 1 for sure on my list as of now. Love show and friend loaned skme get me up to speed and loving it. Love arrow and flash and all cw tv shows. Love all comic movies. So looking for suggestions looking start out at around 20 month and go from there.
    I would recommend these:
    Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow Deluxe Edition
    Detective Comics 934 (it's the start of DC's Rebirth line)
    Red Hood and the Outlaws Rebirth
    Batman Rebirth
    All Star Batman Rebirth
    Action Comics 959 (start of the Rebirth line)
    Superman Rebirth
    Nightwing Rebirth

Here's some amazing Indy comics:
    East of West
    Lazarus
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brown040613 View Post
    Anyone new to comics, I always recommend Planetary. No matter who it is, I think it's the one comic that new and old comic readers alike will enjoy reading. Not a comic from the last 20 months or so, but it is one long story over the course of 27 issues, 4 trade paperbacks and one awesome hardcover. Easy to get into, if you ask me.

I am loving the different types of comics you are interested. I am not caught up on Arrow, but I did watch until the end of season two and I love that show. Same with Flash. Only saw up to season two, but I love it. I cannot really recommend a lot of DC stuff, because I haven't read that many, but I have read the first trade of Batman by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo and it is pretty good, so I'd check that out if you are interested in Batman.

If you like the CW shows like Arrow and Flash, you might actually like Saga as recommended earlier.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/