Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superwoman #6 Preview/Discussion

Only Lex asking for help, and one bizarre betraying the other(the bizarre that adopt Lana appearance) for Lana..

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...6/1100-156309/

Wow.... this issue really drives home how much of a piece of crap Lex truly is. Also... I really want to know what's up with Lois. Since she can be seen by others, she's clearly not dead.

Nice to see someone in the fictional DC Universe realizes how horrible what happened to New52 Superman was and is still upset about it and attempting to keep his memory alive instead of trying to gloss it over or forget bout it, and actively realizes that other people are trying to erase his memory and that erasing his memory is a *bad* thing. But could he still literally be alive? New52 Lois might be...
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 01-11-2017 at 12:12 PM.

And who is that in the red hood?

Best currently running DC Comics title now that the old New52 Superman Justice League of America has finished it's run.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Wow.... this issue really drives home how much of a piece of crap Lex truly is.
    Well, Lana definitely thinks Lex is a piece of crap. So does SuperDad. But, actually, I am not sure I do. I think he's arrogant, selfish, and narcissistic, but I also believe he genuinely loves his sister, and has embraced a role of protecting and saving the people of Metropolis, even if just because he likes being liked and likes being famous. I hope they don't make him an out and out bad guy, because I think the idea of a selfish narcissistic hero is an interesting one to play with.

Intriguingly, the two people who are reacting the most strongly against Lex Luthor as Superman are Lana Lang, who may in some way have part of New52 Superman's soul or energies within her, and SuperDad. Could their past experiences be influencing them in a way that is keeping them from seeing a genuine transformation, or at least as close as Lex is realistically going to come to one? Superman always used to tell him that there was good in him, but at the same time almost every Superman we've seen, including alt-Supermen have hated Lex Luthor, to the point where when we see a good guy Lex Luthor, he's usually "paired" with an evil Superman and vice-versa.

Also... I really want to know what's up with Lois. Since she can be seen by others, she's clearly not dead.
    I get the feeling Superman: Reborn is going to shed some light on that.

Anyone think the redhooded guy could be new52 Clark Kent/Superman existing in the same way new52 Lois Lane does? I mean, granted, Mr. Oz is the more obvious "mysterious guy in a hood", but the red-hooded guy doesn't look like Mr. Oz profile wise.

Also, red hood=Superman Red=New52 Superman?

Which Superwoman is this?

I take it it is not the villainous Wonder Woman doppelganger, nor a grown Kara or Karen.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Well, Lana definitely thinks Lex is a piece of crap. So does SuperDad. But, actually, I am not sure I do. I think he's arrogant, selfish, and narcissistic, but I also believe he genuinely loves his sister, and has embraced a role of protecting and saving the people of Metropolis, even if just because he likes being liked and likes being famous. I hope they don't make him an out and out bad guy, because I think the idea of a selfish narcissistic hero is an interesting one to play with.

Intriguingly, the two people who are reacting the most strongly against Lex Luthor as Superman are Lana Lang, who may in some way have part of New52 Superman's soul or energies within her, and SuperDad. Could their past experiences be influencing them in a way that is keeping them from seeing a genuine transformation, or at least as close as Lex is realistically going to come to one? Superman always used to tell him that there was good in him, but at the same time almost every Superman we've seen, including alt-Supermen have hated Lex Luthor, to the point where when we see a good guy Lex Luthor, he's usually "paired" with an evil Superman and vice-versa.

I get the feeling Superman: Reborn is going to shed some light on that.

Anyone think the redhooded guy could be new52 Clark Kent/Superman existing in the same way new52 Lois Lane does? I mean, granted, Mr. Oz is the more obvious "mysterious guy in a hood", but the red-hooded guy doesn't look like Mr. Oz profile wise.

Also, red hood=Superman Red=New52 Superman?
    I think Lex Luthor is trying to be Superior Superman, kind of like Superior Spider-Man where Dock Ock took over Peter Parker and became a dick to people, but still a protagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Which Superwoman is this?

I take it it is not the villainous Wonder Woman doppelganger, nor a grown Kara or Karen.
    She's Lana Lang, Clark Kent's childhood sweetheart. When this universe's Clark Kent/Superman died, Lana got some of his powers (The current Clark Kent Superman running around is either from another universe or a timeline that's been erased from history). Prior to becoming Superwoman, she was an electrical engineer.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 01-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.

Thank you, SuperCrab, for a most excellent explanation!

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I think Lex Luthor is trying to be Superior Superman, kind of like Superior Spider-Man where Dock Ock took over Peter Parker and became a dick to people, but still a protagonist.
    Basically. He may have warped himself into thinking he's right, but what he did to his sister really is horrible. This is all his fault.

Thank you, SuperCrab, for a most excellent explanation!
    You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Basically. He may have warped himself into thinking he's right, but what he did to his sister really is horrible. This is all his fault.
    In a way, that's true, but would you agree that Lex had good intentions? He genuinely wanted to cure his sister. He just should have asked for her consent first and respected her decision- *that's* where he went wrong- the lack of informed consent to the treatment. He didn't have like some evil plan to benefit himself, though, it doesn't seem like- he really did just want his sister to be able to walk again. Good intentions, but immoral in their execution. At least- with the childhood thing.

What he did later on- was she in a state where she could have said yes or no, or was she like in a coma? I'm a little hazy on that. I'm talking about the more recent thing where he attempted to give her powers to let her walk again (and more). If she was in a coma she wasn't likely to come out of on her own, that would be more justified than his first attempt just because you can probably assume safely someone in a coma that isn't coming out would want any treatment that someone could come up with to wake them up and allow them to walk again.

I don't know, I feel like Ultrawoman has to take some agency for what she's doing. I mean, if she's mad at Lex, go after Lex. Don't go after the millions of innocent people in Metropolis. I mean, that's not right.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 01-11-2017 at 01:54 PM.

BANNED

You're welcome!

In a way, that's true, but would you agree that Lex had good intentions? He genuinely wanted to cure his sister. He just should have asked for her consent first and respected her decision- *that's* where he went wrong- the lack of informed consent to the treatment. He didn't have like some evil plan to benefit himself, though, it doesn't seem like- he really did just want his sister to be able to walk again. Good intentions, but immoral in their execution. At least- with the childhood thing.

What he did later on- was she in a state where she could have said yes or no, or was she like in a coma? I'm a little hazy on that. I'm talking about the more recent thing where he attempted to give her powers to let her walk again (and more). If she was in a coma she wasn't likely to come out of on her own, that would be more justified than his first attempt just because you can probably assume safely someone in a coma that isn't coming out would want any treatment that someone could come up with to wake them up and allow them to walk again.
    Legally, if she was in a coma, Lex would have power of attorney to do that kind of thing.

You're welcome!

I don't know, I feel like Ultrawoman has to take some agency for what she's doing. I mean, if she's mad at Lex, go after Lex. Don't go after the millions of innocent people in Metropolis. I mean, that's not right.
    Uhm, who is Ultrawoman and what can she do?

You're welcome!

you're making this so small. Just because someone intended for something good to happen, doesn't absolve them a blame when it backfires. But that's not even all he did. Not only did he refuse to actually admit his own mistake, he took his sister's breakthrough that they did together, got rich off of it, took all the credit, and pushed her out of the way so he could live the life.

THEN he experiments on her AGAIN. Fails AGAIN. and leaves his sister on the floor for days. Again, not his intention, but it was his action.

Ultraman is bad and she needs to be stopped but Lex can't get no sympathy.

Uhm, who is Ultrawoman and what can she do?
    She's Lex Luthor's sister, responsible for attacks on Metropolis' power grid and infastructure, and I think currently rounding up citizens of Metropolis to feed off of in some way. A lot of people have died (In the fictional storyline). She has an army of telepathically connected beings based on experiments that combine parts of Bizarro's DNA and Lois Lane's DNA, as well as a version of the old Lex Luthor green power suit. I think that's right- some details may be a little off.

One of her minions killed off this universe's Lois Lane, who was working with Lana in issue 1. Lana has been having what she thinks are hallucinations of Lois, though, since then, but in this issue its called into doubt wjether or not they are really hallucinations, or aomething more, because for the first time, someone other than Lana seemed to be able to see and hear Lois (Previously they couldn't).

The Lois we are talking about here is the one native to this universe and timeline, not the wife of the current Superman in some of the ither titles, who came over with him and their son as refugees from another universe or timeline.

Actually, the early publicity for this series had this universe's Lois Lane appearing to become Superwoman, but the first issue had both her and Lana as Superwoman, and then Lois died as part of a shocking swerve at the end of the issue, leaving only Lana.

The series has been pretty good so far. Worth thinking about getting if you haven't already. Lana is dealing with a lot of depression and anxiety, along with possibly hallucinations (Depending on how real these visions of Lois turn out to be or not be), which is groundbreaking territory for a mainstream superhero comic.

She's also pretty much the only character holding on to the memory of the Superman who died and who's upset at the current one just taking over his life, ditto with the two Lois'. Others sort of paid tributes to the dead Superman (Often referred to as the New52 Superman or Nuperman), but those characters seem to have moved on. Even Batman, who was initially skeptical, seems to have accepted the new older guy (Sometimes referred to as SuperDad). As a fan of the New52 Superman, I like that someone is still honoring his memory.