Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    It's all Brett Booth's fault in my opinion
    Or...Barry's memories are starting to blur with his memories of the old timeline, like how he got Deja Vu from Meena's "death" despite his death in Crisis on Infinite Earths having never happened to him in the New 52 timeline.

I mean, that's probably not it, but it's a thought .

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or...Barry's memories are starting to blur with his memories of the old timeline, like how he got Deja Vu from Meena's "death" despite his death in Crisis on Infinite Earths having never happened to him in the New 52 timeline.

I mean, that's probably not it, but it's a thought .
    Or it could be evidence of the expanded timeline we could get at the end of the confrontation with Dr. Manhattan, which ideally would include a lot of post-Crisis elements like you mentioned. It would be interesting if those elements worked their own way back in over time without having to be restored all at once by Dr. M.

Another explanation is that time is "broken" currently according to Kadabra.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    You're thinking of the flashbacks from DC Universe: Rebirth #1. In the Titans flashbacks Flash had his silver age costume and the Titans had their updated New 52 costumes.

Attachment 43500
    That's all a bit of a mish-mash. Panel 1 looks pre-Flashpoint, panel 2 looks New 52 and panel 3 is definitely pre-Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

Just realized we might never get to see Snart pull off that huge Lex Luthor heist. Luthor is still SuperLuthor but he's not very Justice League affiliated after Rebirth, and does Snart even still work for LexCorp?

Ah, I don't mind lost plot threads when continuity-wide timeline things make a lot of titles way better, but that was a story beat I was really looking forward to seeing.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

After Godspeed fiasco and Shade disappointment, I can't have high hopes about the story itself. :/ However I do like seeing more of pre-Flashpoint Rogues being included. James Jesse is going to be the surprise of this arc. I feel.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Kid Flash is going to join Flash in his fight against The Rogues in this arc? Be interesting to see how they would react to The Flash having a new sidekick.
    Hope so. It would make sense, what with him being The Flash's partner. Also, I especially wouldn't want Kid Flash to be put back on the back burner after just coming off of it in earnest.

Fantastic Member

Excited for this, mostly because of the art but I must say the last few issues of Flash has been very, very mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Hope so. It would make sense, what with him being The Flash's partner. Also, I especially wouldn't want Kid Flash to be put back on the back burner after just coming off of it in earnest.
    Well, while I'd like to see Wally get experience fighting The Rogues and see more of his relationship/partnership with Barry developed, I wouldn't be surprised if Barry leaves him behind so there's someone to protect Central City while he goes after The Rogues.

He is probably not appearing "too much" in this arc., next one will be about him finding out about Daniel's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    He is probably not appearing "too much" in this arc., next one will be about him finding out about Daniel's past.
    And featuring the grand return of Captain Boomerang to the pages of The Flash (not counting this Rogues flashback) .

BANNED

And featuring the grand return of Captain Boomerang to the pages of The Flash (not counting this Rogues flashback) .
    Wait what???

Fantastic Member

Cover of Flash #19 has Boomer on it

Read the issue:

spoilers:
    I wonder if OG!Wally would find it kind of weird how much of his life is being mimicked by Wally II? Right down to the dynamic with Barry and Iris.

Wally looking into what happened to Daniel is obviously going to play into the next arc.

That warden does not look sinister in the slightest. I love how he mentions Zoom and Godspeed as prisoners at Iron Heights, since they're, like, the only two people of note locked up in there at the moment .

It was nice to see Hartley again, running the Rogues support group (as well as mentioning his relationship with Singh). I wonder if we'll get a redesign for Pied Piper to go along with the rest of The Rogues?

The Rogues' redesigns all look pretty solid .

Captain Cold and Heatwave have modern takes on their classic designs that I think work pretty well.

Golden Glider's dress has a new design and she has her mask back.

Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, and Trickster seem to basically still have their New 52 designs, but with some new touches. I was happy to see Axel is still in the group .

I wonder what The Rogues are trying to prove here? That they can actually defeat The Flash now? Or is this all one big misdirect to prove to him that they've gone straight?
    end of spoilers

Always Rakzo

This was probably one of the best issues yet. Wllimamson perfectly developes the origins that Johns created for The Rogues in a logical manner while giving nice hints to their history and connection to Central City, all of it being perfectly build-up towards the cliffhanger at the end.

This series gets better with each new story. It went from "Eh" to "You know, I actually dig this" for me.