Default 24: Legacy - Will You Be Watching?

I'm divided on it. On the one hand, after season 5, every other season seemed to be a complete drag. Season 6, I didn't watch anything past the 4th episode. Season 7...I actually watched all the way until episode 23 and realized the show had taken too much of my time. Time I could have spent watching something else.

I did not watch season 8. There was another season that came out where it was in London, I think. They changed the format around, from what I hear. Instead of doing 24 hours of episodes, they did 12 episodes with each episode taking place over an hour of the day. That's what I heard. I also heard it was pretty good.

Now, 24: Legacy is about to start. Will you be watching? I am interested, because season 1-5 for 24 were filled with memorable TV moments. This one, which I believe will update the format to be similar to the last season they did, might re-capture what I loved about the earlier seasons.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I'll try it out but my expectations are pretty low. The writing was never the best but it was entertaining for the first few seasons. For me the constant twists and conspiracies that went "all the way to the top" got redundant. However I'm a big fan of Jimmy Smits and the new MC looks pretty cool. As long as the writers show some restraint and don't get overly convoluted, it should be pretty fun.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I'll give it a shot, since many of the folks behind Live Another Day (the one set in London) are also behind Legacy, and did a pretty good job. I know it's sacrilege, but the 12-hour format really cut out a lot of unnecessary fluff from a standard 24-hour season; plus, I feel like the later seasons were a big improvement over the middle seasons, which tended to waddle around.

Just a point of clarification for Live Another Day -- while it was indeed truncated to 12 episodes, the last episode had a time jump to the end of the day, thus fulfilling the span of 24 hours in a single season. Logically the time jump served as the season epilogue.

If there's nothing else to watch on TV, then I'll check this out. If not, this may be one of those shows that I'll wait to see on Netflix or Hulu. I've loved 24 going all the way back to the first season, but it's a tough show to follow. It's a show that's best to binge-watch. Maybe Netflix or Hulu should take up future seasons. I think that would make it a more engaging story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Maybe. I really did love the early seasons of 24.

By the end though, Jack has become so monstrous that it was hard to root for him. They also made him to skilled and good, and it drained away all dramatic tension.

If they can avoid those mistakes with the new central protagonists, I'd probably give it a shot.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I loved the original series, so I'll give it a shot.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I didn't watch 24 for the format, I watched to see Jack Bauer beat up dudes.

I see no reason to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I didn't watch 24 for the format, I watched to see Jack Bauer beat up dudes.

I see no reason to watch this.
    Well, Bauer had to start somewhere.

Besides, it's in continuity with the rest of the series, and Tony Almeida is coming back. Though Sutherland says he won't return, I imagine that the producers will keep trying to get him to show up for at least one episode.

I'm ok with a new CTU agent. Bauer was awesome, but new blood is definitely cool with me.

The guy who played dr dre and is heath on TWD is the star right? Corey Hawkins is his name i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The guy who played dr dre and is heath on TWD is the star right? Corey Hawkins is his name i think.
    Oh ****. Was he Heath from TWD? I only knew him as Dre from Straight Outta Compton.