Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think Guy Gardner doesn't die in a blaze of glory, I think he dies in a bar fight. He's maybe getting older, maybe looking at a gold watch and forced retirement out of the Corps, and he goes out for one last drink before he loses the ring. He's getting piss drunk and dreading the idea of a quiet retirement on earth with no purpose and no Corp to serve and he decides that, like everything else, he's going to do it on his own terms. So he finds the biggest, meanest mofo around (Lobo maybe?) and smashes a bottle off the guy's head, causing the whole place to erupt in violence. Guy dies on the floor, covered in blood and beer, with a cigar stolen from Lobo in his teeth and a smile on his face.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

So how about the villains?

We've talked about how various heroes might meet their end, but what about the bad guys? How does Lex Luthor finally die? How about Sinestro, or Black Manta or the Central City Rogues?

Or supporting characters? Does Jim Gordon die from lung cancer? Does he retire and live happily ever after in some suburb far removed from Gotham? What about Lois Lane? Or Mera?

How about Snapper Carr?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

whatever happened to the amazon princess

Diana loses her powers when the old gods die. Left weak and unable to go back to the island. Steven takes her under her wing and the pair are married.....

FIVE YEARS LATER.

Darksied has taken the world, after snapping supermans neck on the white house lawn. Diana and Steve are now living in a painfully normal suburban life in a Orwellian hell. With their five year old son, steve jnr. Steven, who only loved his angel. Not the diana alter ego is see women behind her back.

Metron shows up, and give diana gifts from new Genesis. She is reborn as a new god princess. The all new wonder woman along with her son, wonder boy, stage a resistance against the apokolips hoards....

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

We've talked about how various heroes might meet their end, but what about the bad guys? How does Lex Luthor finally die? How about Sinestro, or Black Manta or the Central City Rogues?

Or supporting characters? Does Jim Gordon die from lung cancer? Does he retire and live happily ever after in some suburb far removed from Gotham? What about Lois Lane? Or Mera?

How about Snapper Carr?
    I like to think the Rogues finally call it quits and retire to some Caribbean island after one last job. It would make a good story for that job to intertwine some last personal business for one or a few of the Rogues, likely related to family. In the end I imagine a few get locked up but the ones on the outside never leave a man behind and break them out. Once they're all there, with their wealth, they break their weapons and Mirror Master smashes his mirror gun.

lmao poor Jim. I suppose it's likely. But I imagine he dies surrounded by family and with the knowledge he made a difference.

I say Manta dies trying to have another crack at Arthur's family. Trident through the gut. Or perhaps betrayed in a mutiny by his own crew once they realize his obsession with Aquaman has limited their goals and distracted form their true mission, whether that's pure piracy or black separatism.

Billy, Mary and Freddy all end up losing the power of Shazam in an epic battle with Dr. Sivana that leads to the end of magic. Mary becomes the new Oracle. Freddy moves to Vegas and becomes an Elvis impersonator. Billy becomes the Batman-trained non-superpowered Shazbat!

Damian Wayne

During the years of him becoming the protector of Gotham for so long and baths after baths of the Lazarus Pits, Damian unexpectedly got a condition which prevents him from being the Dark Knight. He found a young man named Terry and he trained him to become the next Batman.

Wonder Woman

Diana as Queen of Themyscira form an alliance between Themyscira and 'Man's world' after their success of defeating the Apokolyptian Gods. Her daughter and son (Lyta and Steve Trevor Jr) became members of the Titans and future members of the Justice League.

Superman

Superman and Lois has a wonderful life and watching the next generation of superhero flying in the air protecting the world. His son, Jon, becomes the next Superman.

THE LAST CRISIS.

BATMAN and CATWOMAN marries have twins.named after his parents.martha and john wayne.they die in a at the hands of the HARLEYQUIN.martha and john now 21 inherit their parents fortune and become's the heroes known as DARK KNIGHT and the HUNTRESS and seek justice for their parents death.

SUPERMAN goes insane when his wife LOIS is killed by LEX LUTHOR.he then kills LUTHOR and become's the villians know to the new world as LORD KRYPTONUS.and he plans to rule the universe.the only thing standing in his way is his son.JON LANE KENT AKA SUPERION

WONDER WOMAN is killed in battle during the last crisis by the sorceress known as CIRCE.she's reborn as the GODDESS of TRUTH.and take's her place on mount Olympus with her fellow Olympians.meanwhile on earth.LADY NUBIA is chosen to represent the AMAZONS and she become the AMAZING AMAZON by the new LEADER of THEMYSICRA.QUEEN DONNA.formerly TROIA.also LADY NUBIA is gifted with incredible powers from the new OLYMPIANS of MOUNT OLYMPUS to aid the universe in it's battle against evil.

GREEN LANTERN.HAL JORDAN and CAROL FERRIS marries and has a daughter JADE CAROL JORDAN.carol dies from cancer.and hal leave's earth to become the new LEADER of OA.he give's his ring and his wife's ring to his daughter who become's earth protector as the GREEN SAPPHIRE

the FLASH.BARRY ALLEN and his wife IRIS.are killed in the last crisis along with all of earth's other speedsters and before he dies.they release's the speed force and it search for a new host a native American man by the name of KANE WINDSTORM.who became the new heroe known only as the SCARLET SPEEDSTER

AQUAMAN and his queen MERA dies in the last crisis and they are reborn and brought to Olympus as the new king and queen of the sea.meanwhile on earth their son.MERO ARTHUR CURRY become's the KING of ATLANTIS born with both of his parents powers and abilities MELO is one of the most powerful men on the planet and he become it's new protector of the seven seas as the SEAKING.

ZATANNA has fallen for the mysterious BLOODWYND.and they have a son after bloodwynd is killed in the last crisis.ZATANNA loses control on reality and gives in to her darkside and she become's the MYSTIC WITCH.her son named after her father JOHN.who possesse's both of his parents powers is summoned by NABU to become a new lord of order.and with the added might of the helmet of NABU.young john is transformed into DOCTOR ORDER.

TOGETHER THESE 8 HEROES ARE THE NEW LEAGUE OF JUSTICE.theirs first mission to save earth from the villainy of LORD KRYPTONUS.

BANNED

There is a few on here who has Jon being his dad's successor,and I agree he should be.i also think Kon is the human races greatest champion,and there could definitely be a difference in the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I like to think the Rogues finally call it quits and retire to some Caribbean island after one last job. It would make a good story for that job to intertwine some last personal business for one or a few of the Rogues, likely related to family. In the end I imagine a few get locked up but the ones on the outside never leave a man behind and break them out. Once they're all there, with their wealth, they break their weapons and Mirror Master smashes his mirror gun.

lmao poor Jim. I suppose it's likely. But I imagine he dies surrounded by family and with the knowledge he made a difference.

I say Manta dies trying to have another crack at Arthur's family. Trident through the gut. Or perhaps betrayed in a mutiny by his own crew once they realize his obsession with Aquaman has limited their goals and distracted form their true mission, whether that's pure piracy or black separatism.
    Was that ever a part of his character? I'm not crazy experienced with Manta's print history, Im largely a fan due to Young Justice.

Totally agree on the Rogues. They pull one last job and retire. But I dont think they leave the city. At least not all of them. Cold, I think, stays in Central City. Actually, it'd be sort of fun to see Barry and Leonard become....not friends, but.....if Captain Cold was truly retired and conditions were right I could see him and Barry getting a drink together once a month.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    There is a few on here who has Jon being his dad's successor,and I agree he should be.i also think Kon is the human races greatest champion,and there could definitely be a difference in the 2.
    I think Conner becomes the Super-verse version of Nightwing; the former legacy who, at one time, was seen as the natural successor, but who went on to become their own person.

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Given it's a largely positive universe? I'd suspect most of the characters would end up happily, surrounded by family and friends. You have to assume that eventually their goals (e.g. a brighter better world) happens. In no particular order:

Wonderwoman: A lot of people mention 'Diana going back to her people' but that's a very Dark Knight Returns throwaway line. She was initially an ambassador and bridge to our world - retreating home seems... odd for the character. I could see her successfully becoming a vital voice for world peace, acting as a mediator and helping to revive the lost amazon arts and magic. Probably a very happy life as grey touches her hair. When she's finally done she either vanishes or, work done (and depending on the origin), turns back into a statue - at the centre of a great park where people come from across the world to be inspired.

Green Lantern: Assuming we're talking Hal? He probably retires on earth, has kids and passes on his ring. The Mark Miller old flash-gordon story struck me as very 'him'.

Flash: Again - someone whose basically optimistic and kind (also very much in love). Slows down as his children get faster and faster. Never amounts to huge things in his private life, but a final 'its a wonderful life' time jump shows him how important he's been to his city and those around him.

Green Arrow - Probably gets older, grumpier and spends his fortune on helping the environment and other left wing causes. Could genuinely seem him ending up as a Bernie-esque politician.

Aquaman - I think most people get this right. He's a king, one whose incredibly popular both above the waves and below. Again, assuming the world becomes better; Atlantians mingle far more with surface dwellers and he and his clan are a frequent source of gossip and attention (as one of earth's last true royalties)

Superman - I never really understood why he's meant to be immortal. He was always presented as aging at a reasonable rate until a few decades ago (I think?) The world's greatest superhero turns much of the world into a utopia, akin to the best bits of Metropolis and the normal rockwell fantasy he represents. Eventually, promising 'he'll be there if he's ever needed' he retires with Lois and has a wonderful old age.

Batman - Dies in a filthy alleyway, shot dead saving a family who mirrored his own. A perhaps inevitable end to someone so driven and who walked the edge for so long but he probably smiles, seeing the parents and their child alive and well as he bleeds out. I'd like to believe that his actions would have changed things though; the children he mentored, the people he saved and his city actually improve as a result (with people like Dick being a shining example of someone not broken by tragedy).

Batman: Ironically Bruce never expected to live to old age, planning on going out in a blaze of glory. But instead his back injury from Bane catches up with him and he is physically unable to go out on patrol. Old Man Bruce lives to see Gotham flourish and thrive thanks in large part to his efforts as both Batman and Bruce Wayne. Bruce finally allows himself to move on from his parents deaths.
    The Robins: Dick leads the justice league as Batman, Jason dies in prison serving 30 life sentences for mass murder (including the Joker), Tim retires and lives happily ever after with Stephanie Brown, Damien reforms the League of Shadow (formerly Assassins) to be a force of good.
    Aquaman: He and Black Manta kill each other in one final battle. Mera inherits the throne.
    Superman: lives a long full life with Lois until she dies, He eventually decides to travel the stars lending a helping hand when needed, trusting the safety of earth with his son Jon. Kal-El lives to be about 300 years old.
    Lex Luthor dies of kryptonite related illess. Superman finds the cure and begs him to take it, but Lex refuses.
    Green Lanterns: they all end up dying in the line of duty under different circumstances, except Guy, I like that Lobo bar fight idea from Ascended.
    Flash: same as Superman only he travels the multiverse instead of Outer Space.
    Can't think of one for Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    feminists ands for little girls all over the world and maybe universe.

John Constantine: Dies from lung cancer
    Shouldn't he be safe from that? what with dangerous habits? I see him coning his way to immortality, but ends up regretting it.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 01-16-2017 at 01:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post
    Given it's a largely positive universe? I'd suspect most of the characters would end up happily, surrounded by family and friends. You have to assume that eventually their goals (e.g. a brighter better world) happens. In no particular order:

Wonderwoman: A lot of people mention 'Diana going back to her people' but that's a very Dark Knight Returns throwaway line. She was initially an ambassador and bridge to our world - retreating home seems... odd for the character. I could see her successfully becoming a vital voice for world peace, acting as a mediator and helping to revive the lost amazon arts and magic. Probably a very happy life as grey touches her hair. When she's finally done she either vanishes or, work done (and depending on the origin), turns back into a statue - at the centre of a great park where people come from across the world to be inspired.

Green Lantern: Assuming we're talking Hal? He probably retires on earth, has kids and passes on his ring. The Mark Miller old flash-gordon story struck me as very 'him'.

Flash: Again - someone whose basically optimistic and kind (also very much in love). Slows down as his children get faster and faster. Never amounts to huge things in his private life, but a final 'its a wonderful life' time jump shows him how important he's been to his city and those around him.

Green Arrow - Probably gets older, grumpier and spends his fortune on helping the environment and other left wing causes. Could genuinely seem him ending up as a Bernie-esque politician.

Aquaman - I think most people get this right. He's a king, one whose incredibly popular both above the waves and below. Again, assuming the world becomes better; Atlantians mingle far more with surface dwellers and he and his clan are a frequent source of gossip and attention (as one of earth's last true royalties)

Superman - I never really understood why he's meant to be immortal. He was always presented as aging at a reasonable rate until a few decades ago (I think?) The world's greatest superhero turns much of the world into a utopia, akin to the best bits of Metropolis and the normal rockwell fantasy he represents. Eventually, promising 'he'll be there if he's ever needed' he retires with Lois and has a wonderful old age.

Batman - Dies in a filthy alleyway, shot dead saving a family who mirrored his own. A perhaps inevitable end to someone so driven and who walked the edge for so long but he probably smiles, seeing the parents and their child alive and well as he bleeds out. I'd like to believe that his actions would have changed things though; the children he mentored, the people he saved and his city actually improve as a result (with people like Dick being a shining example of someone not broken by tragedy).
    These are all really cool. Well done.

BANNED

How about Snapper Carr?
    Lex: One day he has a bloodclot in the brain and lives out the rest of his life without being able to remember where he is, who he is or who the people talking to him are.
    Sinestro: Likely dies when he one day picks the wrong fight with someone bigger than him.
    Black Manta: Killed by Arthur.
    Rogues: Thinking they would end up getting killed because of their mutual incompetence or because someone bigger moves into Central City and decides it would be better if they were just dead. One or two might escape with a bit of cash and retire far far away.

Jim Gordon: Likely dies from stress related complications, too much smoke, too much coffee, too many late nights and too many high stress situations... or one of Gothams innumerable nuts finally gets him.

John Stewart: Lives to be quite old and highly venerated amongst the Green Lanterns. But eventually he retires from the service and returns to Earth, though still carrying the ring as a badge of honor.

Constantine: Because he is what he is, schemer, cheat, liar and so on... I think Johns end will be very ignoble, like slipping on a wet curb and braining himself, or getting shot by some random thug for 5 bucks or something similar. No great showdown with a great demon or monster in the service of mankind, no vengeful former companion to blow him apart with magic and curses... just a sod lying dead in the gutter somewhere. (remember John is totally cool with demons coming after him, he can deal with that... what he can't handle are normal humans, as seen in his encounter with the Family Man.)

Zatanna: She however I do believe will go out in a blaze of glory. She will be facing down something where she is hopelessly outmatched, no way of escaping and having just blocked the path for the monster in question. She will pick up her hat, dust it off, and then perform her last trick.

BANNED

I think Conner becomes the Super-verse version of Nightwing; the former legacy who, at one time, was seen as the natural successor, but who went on to become their own person.

Oh I totally see Conner as the super.families nightwing,and I wish DC would steer him in that direction,but I also see him as the human created super clone.man made for mankind.no other hero was created just for the singular purpose of being Earth's greatest champion