Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Batman: Dies in the line of duty.

Superman: Earth becomes a utopia and Superman spends the rest of his life inspiring new heroes across the Universe.

Hal Jordan: Becomes permanently one with the Central Power Battery and serves as a counter balance to some of the bad ideas the Guardians come up with.

Wonder Woman: Becomes full time ruler of the Amazons and a full Goddess of the Greek Pantheon.

Aquaman: Retires from superheroics and splits his time between ruling Atlantis and mentoring a new Aquaman

Martian Manhunter: Sacrifices himself to jump start a new Martian race

Cyborg: Becomes one with the world wide web and mentors a new generation of tech heroes

Booster Gold: Goes back to his future to serve out his sentence for stealing all of that stuff from the museum. Becomes a well known politician afterwards and makes his world a better place

Luthor: Dies impoverished and alone. Only Superman attends his funeral.

Joker: Likely dies in a final battle with Batman. Batman burns his remains.

John Stewart: Spends the rest of his life fighting for peace on a New Mosaic type world and trying to unite the many cultures living there.

Guy Gardner: Dies in the line of duty.

Kyle Raynor: Retires and spends the rest of his life using his ring to create great works of art that inspire people all over the Universe.

Barry Allen: Seems like he has to become one with the Speed Force I guess.

Wally West: See Barry Allen....

Dick Grayson: Retires after Batman's death. Realizes he doesn't need to become the new Batman with the army of sidekicks Batman has put together over the years. He becomes heavily involved in helping victims of crimes and realizes he can make a bigger difference this way.

Captain Atom: Sacrifices himself to become a free source of energy on Earth for 1000s of years.

Batgirl: After her father's death becomes a cop to honor his memory, eventually she becomes commissioner of Gotham.

Jason Todd: Becomes more unstable and violent as time goes by and becomes a full on villain. Killed by Damien Wayne who has replaced Bruce as Batman after his death.

Tim Drake: Retires after Batman's death, probably gets married and has kids. He becomes an Oracle like figure part time to help out new Bat family heroes.

Damien Wayne: Becomes Batman for a time after Bruce's death but eventually goes bad and becomes the successor to Ra's Al Ghul.
    Last edited by Grim Ghost; 01-16-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Member in Disguise

I can see Batman with almost a Grendel-esque legacy; the Man may die, but the Bat goes on. And on, and on...
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

With Wonder Woman, I think at some point Hippolyta dies defending the Island from Ares or Hercules or someone. Diana becomes the next queen, and since her mission in "man's world" is unfinished, she passes the mantle to Donna or Cassie or someone. Since her mission was (classically) the reason she couldn't be with Steve (submission and all that), and her role in that mission is over, they get married. Steve becomes the first man to live on the Island and they have a daughter (Llyta) who grows up to become a hero in her own right.

Diana discovers that as queen she's much more effective than she ever was as Wonder Woman, and she ushers in a new age of co-existence between the Amazons and the rest of the world. They join the UN and become one of the new political super-powers. Perhaps Llyta marries into the Atlantean royal family, cementing a friendship between nations that began in the Justice League.

Years pass, Steve dies from old age as happy and content as he could be, and eventually Diana ascends to Olympus and takes her place as goddess of truth. She retains this position until all the gods die and bring in the Fifth World (which in my head coincides with the dawn of a new multiverse).

EDIT: I also think Diana reforms some of her villains. Barbara Ann Minerva is freed from her cursed life as the Cheetah and remains close friends with Diana (much as we're seeing in Rucka's book now, though a new Cheetah named Priscilla Rich takes up the curse and proves far more deadly than Minerva ever was). Giganta reforms thanks to her love for Ryan "the Atom" Choi and with Diana's recommendation becomes a member of the League. Diana gets Silver Swan the help she needs but they're never friends and when Swan retreats to a quiet, out-of-the-way spot in Eurpoe, Diana never speaks to her again. Diana brings the Bana-Migdall back into the Amazonian fold and cuts a deal that puts Zeus' BS to rest. Diana's biggest victory however, is locking Ares inside Doom's Doorway, reducing the violence and war in the world by huge factors. Other foes don't fare as well. Doctors Poison and Cyber both die in battle with Diana due to their own blunders and plotting, and Doctor Psycho dies of health complications in jail.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-16-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl, having spent nearly two decades among the hero community on Earth, return to Thanagar as outcasts who barely recognize the homeworld they left behind. Instigating a revolution to restore a more free and just society, the two are eventually called as the planet's newest co-leaders, a position they use to forge new relationships with planets Rann and Earth. Amidst their tenure as leaders they conceive twins (a boy and a girl), fight in the front lines of battles engaged to free other peoples of the Polaris Star System, and lead Thanagar into an age of peace and prosperity not seen since the bygone glory days of Kalmoran.

Their children grown--their daughter adopting the role of Hawkgirl and serving in the Justice League, and their son chosen as the Green Lantern of Sector 2862--the two Hawks quietly return to Earth for retirement. Occasionally, the two can still be spotted over their adopted city of Midway, spending their twilight years in a fashion not unlike the days of their youth: hand-in-hand together, soaring amidst a star-lit sky.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    BREAKING NEWS

Reclusive billionaire Bruce Wanye, 102, dead in Park Row street attack.

Mary and Warren McGinnis were taking a short cut through Park Row with their son, Terry, when they were attacked by an armed gang seeking to rob them. Mrs McGinnis (36) said she feared for her life until the family were rescued by Gotham's favourite son turned greatest benefactor, Bruce Wayne.

In astonishing scenes, the McGinnis family say that Mr Wayne fought off all four gang members singled handedly, before collapsing to the ground of a suspected heart attack.

"He was amazing," said Terry, (8). "Mom says we all have a guardian angel. I think he was ours."

"I'm glad someone could be with him when he died", said Mary McGinnis. "He just smiled up at me and reached out for my necklace. Peals. I...I think he liked them. I don't know. I sound silly."

Mr Wayne is survived by his son, Damien, his foster children, Timothy Drake and Jason Todd, and his former ward and closest friend, Richard Grayson. Turn to pages 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 for our full obituary for Gotham's beloved protector.

Following from the above incidents Damian Wayne takes over Bruce's duties at Wayne Enterprises and as Batman. He also takes over leadership of the LoA bridging the gap between both his legacies. He turn's things around within the LoA. Turning them into a major force for global good.

He marries longtime love Mari Grayson. At some point he encounters a young man Terry McGinnis who motivated by the event's at Crime Alley has become one of the few good guy vigilantes of Gotham.
    Damian now getting on in years takes the young man under his wing and trains him in the way of the Bat.
    Damian finally retires from active duties as batman passing the Cowl to Terry but he retains leadership and oversight of the LoA.

He has 5 kids with Mari and lives out the rest of his in peace and happiness. When he finally passes on he falls not in battle but goes peacefully on a garden bench in Wayne Manor watching his grand-kids frolic with Kent's overexcited grand daughter.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Following from the above incidents Damian Wayne takes over Bruce's duties at Wayne Enterprises and as Batman. He also takes over leadership of the LoA bridging the gap between both his legacies. He turn's things around within the LoA. Turning them into a major force for global good.

He marries longtime love Mari Grayson. At some point he encounters a young man Terry McGinnis who motivated by the event's at Crime Alley has become one of the few good guy vigilantes of Gotham.
    Damian now getting on in years takes the young man under his wing and trains him in the way of the Bat.
    Damian finally retires from active duties as batman passing the Cowl to Terry but he retains leadership and oversight of the LoA.

He has 5 kids with Mari and lives out the rest of his in peace and happiness. When he finally passes on he falls not in battle but goes peacefully on a garden bench in Wayne Manor watching his grand-kids frolic with Kent's overexcited grand daughter.
    Co-signed!

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Co-signed!
    Oh thank you. I liked your ending so much. Bruce and Damian [indeed all heroes] deserve an ending that resolves the issues that plagued them.

For Tim Drake, I imagine him in his mid 40s managing a foundation that focuses on improving police methods and resources globally (that receives funding and resources from a Damian lead Wayne Enterprises), while also being a consulting detective.

He handles cases directly on occasion, but mostly lives a quiet life with Stephanie Brown.

He gets occasional visits from Batman to assist on cases, and they still squabble out of habit even if they both have utmost respect for each other.

Mighty Member

Easy enough methinks. Straight out of some of my favorite books

Allstar Superman: Sups is out there, restarting the sun, to return one day. Quintum has a superman program in the works if needed.

The Dark Knight: Bruce retires in his cave, training the Batboys while awaiting Kelly to take his mantle.

Absolute Wonder Woman: The queen of the amazons and god of war Diana establishes a matriarchy in heaven with her sisters the amazons guarding it and becoming the many mothers of Zola's son Zeke (the reborn Zeus).

Some wild ideas in this thread. I know this is an older thread, but I thought I'd chime in, anyway. Sadly for readers, I think mine will be far less more boring than most. More epilogues than climaxes.

Batman - My ideal Batman is one a great deal more emotionally healthy than today's Batman. He is motivated, but not consumed, by the death of his parents. Eventually, well past the time when he should have, he hangs up the cowl. On the anniversary of his parent's deaths that takes place after his 50th birthday, he retires. Gotham is better now than when he started, but it's not perfect. There are other heroes, that he trained, that will carry on his work. They aren't Batman - they are themselves, and their (code)names will be known as well as his was and they will make their own impacts on the city and the world, just as he did. At this time, he is married to Selina (who went hero a while ago, and retired in her early 40s, as many other human heroes did when they slowed down). Helena Kyle (not Bruce's biological daughter, but adopted by him) is the only one of the kids still a minor and, just like all the other kids, will follow in the family business.

Superman - He isn't immortal. He grows slower and weaker with age as well, but since he's so fast and so strong already, it doesn't stop him from heroing on into old age. Even after Lois' death, he continues as hero. Until his own time runs out. I'm amenable to death in battle or in daily life. Buried beside his wife. Sons Jon and Chris and grandchildren surviving him. There will be a monument for him, but he will not buried there.

Wonder Woman - Leaving the island means aging as humans do. She dies with her still-young mother at her side (possibly of injuries from battle) and her funeral rites are carried out on the island of her birth. She remained in a long-term relationship with Steve, but held marriage to no value to her. They were, by choice, without children. It just wasn't what they wanted out of life.

Hal Jordan - Dies in battle. There's really not much in the way of retirement for GLs. Few live that long. Not saying none ever - and, indeed, a ring may occasionally have to be removed for those who become physically or mentally unfit to wield it due to aging (thought that's species-dependent). I'd bookend by having him tell his battery/ring to go find another. Oh, I know they do on auto-pilot these days, but I want that.

Green Arrow - While in his early 40s and working with a young (but grown) Mia, he is too slow one day, and she saves him. He realizes that he's only going to slow down more - that a hero he works with moving to save him could put them or innocent civilians at risk. So he retires from super-heroing. Not easily, since his wife and the kids are all still active. But he trusts them and their skills (while being aware there are no guarantees, of course), so he is able to let go. He was already politically active, but becomes moreso. While holding office might be a good way to affect change, he can't do that, both because the scrutiny may reveal the secret identities of others, and because politics requires compromise, which is nothing something he's suited to.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Swamp Thing - the Parliament of Trees recognizes Tefe as the natural successor to their ancient order, being the offspring of an Earth Elemental and a human. Swamp Thing and Abigail are given royalty status and move the Amazon. Tefe and Maxine (of Animal-Man) go to live on Paradise Island where, under the guidance of the Olympian Gods, Queen Diana (see below) guides them to become human deities and rebuild the New Guardians. It's revealed that the original New Guardians failed because they weren't the true heirs. Also joining them are Fire, Ice, Windfall, Terra, Halo and Raven.
    THIS! Best ending ever!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I kind of have the same ending for all of the DC characters and that is they go to the "real" world and find out they are comic book characters and find all the different media versions of themselves. Movies, TV, cartoons, you name it. When they get back to their Earth, they have to make peace with what they are. They more or less retire and let the younger generation take over.
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

Superman: Basically the "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tommorow?" ending.

Batman: Shoots Joker to death just as Joker is about to kill Jason Todd again. This moment serves as a wake up call, causing Bruce to quit being Batman, and go into therapy. Having finally overcome his pain and trauma, he hands the mantle of Batman over to Dick Grayson. Bruce devotes his time to the Wayne Foundation, and reconnects with either Silver St. Cloud or Kathy Kane.

Wonder Woman: Once Hippolyta dies, Diana takes over as Queen, becoming the most beloved monarch in the world. Donna takes over the mantle of Wonder Woman, fighting crime and acting as ambassador.

The Flash (Barry): Barry tries to prevent his mother's death again, and succeeds. Having saved his mother and father, he once again goes to the future with Iris and retires.

Green Lantern (Hal): During a final battle with Sinestro, Hal absorbs a huge amount of Lantern energy, effectively becoming an Ion-like figure. Taking Carol with him, he leaves earth for good, never to be seen by human eyes again as he and Carol travel the cosmos together.

Aquaman: Becomes a full time King, managing to clean up the world's polluted oceans and rivers.

Dick Grayson: Becomes Batman after Bruce quits, with Damian as his partner. He marries Kory and becomes leader of the Justice League after the old guard hand the reins over to the NTT generation.

Green Arrow: I love the idea of Oliver becoming a politician. He becomes the DC equivalent of Bernie Sanders.

I could not disagree more with people that think Diana should become queen or goddess. She wants adventure, challenges, both physical and moral. She loves to wrestle with her body and her mind, and she won't ever give that up. She will always carry the amazonian principles of civilization, but the last thing she wants is to die in paradise island, even if she herself doesn't realize it. Being Wonder Woman is what makes her feel fully realized, and she can only be Wonder Woman in places like Man's world.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awsyme View Post

Batman - Dies in a filthy alleyway, shot dead saving a family who mirrored his own. A perhaps inevitable end to someone so driven and who walked the edge for so long but he probably smiles, seeing the parents and their child alive and well as he bleeds out. I'd like to believe that his actions would have changed things though; the children he mentored, the people he saved and his city actually improve as a result (with people like Dick being a shining example of someone not broken by tragedy).
    For someone like Batman and the way he has lived his life this really is the only fitting way to end his story. Batman does not get a happy ending or to live a long life. After all despite all his skills and gadgets he is still just a normal man, and sooner or latter a random bullet is going to hit just right to end his life.