Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Rather have a book of Greys. Jean, Jeen, Rachel, Nathan, Nate, Madelyne, Stryfe, Genesis, Sara, Joey, Gailyn, Hope, Fongji, John and cranky old Elaine.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I doubt it matters much. OML sells like Wolvie would, Cyclops would probably just sell like Tyclops did. Not that I'm expecting big sales from the new solo launches, the only one that might last past 12 issues is probably Cable. Iceman and Jean will be squarely in the territory that Nightcrawler, Rogue, Cyclops, Storm and Jubilee were before them.

He's really just not the sort of character you can push a solo with either, his defining character beats are all purely about the team and his relationship to it. Young Scott's solo was smart in pushing the Corsair connection and taking him off world, it was a fun and organic approach but it'd also be tough to do with adult Scott's baggage.
    Oh it matters. OML is basically Wolverine just older. Also the original OML storyline is regarded very well.

Tyke is not Cyke. Not even close. In fact, most Cyke fans hate Tyke.

Maybe an adult Cyclops solo will sell, maybe it won't. Who knows? But whether it is the adult version or time-displaced o5 version makes a biiiiig difference.

BANNED

Rather have a book of Greys. Jean, Jeen, Rachel, Nathan, Nate, Madelyne, Stryfe, Genesis, Sara, Joey, Gailyn, Hope, Fongji, John and cranky old Elaine.
    Their name is Summers not Grey. Deal with it.

A solo book with adult Ccylops would be great since it's probably one o the most complex mutant. And, it seems here some people don't understand that what make a great storie is the writer not sales. Just saying.

Ultimate Member

Weren't most of the recent books like a Scott solo book where the others were just guest stars...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Weren't most of the recent books like a Scott solo book where the others were just guest stars...
    lolololololol!!!
    Best.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

I'm good without a Cyclops solo series right now. I enjoyed the Tyke ongoing (but it was also a fun romp through space with other likable characters), but he's not in a position to need another one. And I prefer if they maintain death status quos for a good chunk of time.

They will eventually bring back adult Cyclops in however many years they feel is appropriate (hopefully more than 5 years, less than the 13 that Jean's been dead?) When he does come back, I think he should get a solo series, whether mini, maxi, or true ongoing. I liked when they did that with Nightcrawler when he came back.

They could, of course, do a recent-Marvel Knights idea and give him a solo series set earlier in continuity, but I prefer that they push always forward, never backward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Oh it matters. OML is basically Wolverine just older. Also the original OML storyline is regarded very well.

Tyke is not Cyke. Not even close. In fact, most Cyke fans hate Tyke.
    Wait, I have the perfect response for you.

*sigh* Those are not legacy characters. Same way OML is not a legacy character.

At the moment? No, I don't think Cyclops should have a solo book. He's already got a role in All-New X-men and Champions. I think putting him in a solo book would be pushing it. ResurrXion will have him as part of X-men Blue and Champions, each with different stories to tell. I don't think a solo series would work at this point. His last solo series worked because it built off the events of The Trial of Jean Grey. I don't think there's anything like that right now that would work just as well. I like his current roles and if he ever does get a solo series again, I'd love to have Mark Waid write it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    At the moment? No, I don't think Cyclops should have a solo book. He's already got a role in All-New X-men and Champions. I think putting him in a solo book would be pushing it. ResurrXion will have him as part of X-men Blue and Champions, each with different stories to tell. I don't think a solo series would work at this point. His last solo series worked because it built off the events of The Trial of Jean Grey. I don't think there's anything like that right now that would work just as well. I like his current roles and if he ever does get a solo series again, I'd love to have Mark Waid write it.
    That's not the Cyclops I want to read about. A resurrected adult Cyclops book would be much more interesting. As much as I love Cyclops and Iceman... I have little interest in the time displaced versions.
    Last edited by cc008; 01-09-2017 at 07:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KusaSan View Post
    Their name is Summers not Grey. Deal with it.
    I'd just prefer to go with the branch doing all the genetic heavy lifting.

Wait, I have the perfect response for you.
    And... what the hell does it have to do with this discussion again?

BANNED

And... what the hell does it have to do with this discussion again?
    You're telling me there's not a functional difference between characters in one thread, but insisting there is the other. Have your cake and eat it too.

You're telling me there's not a functional difference between characters in one thread, but insisting there is the other. Have your cake and eat it too.
    Oh, yes. When I say Tyke is not Cyke, I mean it absolutely literally. It can't have any other meaning beside that. Like the discussion of that particular thread. Great powers of interpretation you have there.

BANNED

I wouldn't say a solo since he's so good at leading, but he does need to be away from the main XMEN and give them time to breathe without him.

Personally, I'd like to see Cyclops and The Starjammers. Adult Cyclops is alive but presumed dead by everyone. Corsair gets sick and Cyclops takes over his team helping the XMEN on earth without them knowing. This will allow Cyclops to do what he does best, lead, and we can get into his head too. Have him reflect on Jean and Emma and how much he sucks at relationships.

Supporting characters can be Hepzibah, Raza, Korvus, Deathbird, and Ruby Summers. Have Bishop join the team too. I feel he and Cyclops both need similar redemption stories so that could be a good pair.

After a year or two, he reveals himself to the XMEN and returns to lead the main team.

BANNED

Oh, yes. When I say Tyke is not Cyke, I mean it absolutely literally. It can't have any other meaning beside that. Like the discussion of that particular thread. Great powers of interpretation you have there.
    Either it's the same character or it isn't. If the character is really so different that it's functionally a different character, then it's also functionally a legacy character.