Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Best moments between Peter Parker and Mary Jane

Hello, I´m new here and this is my first thread, I hope you can post in here (with images if possible) your favorite moments between Peter Parker and Mary Jane, thanks.
    4f3a55716b2f9179c4d55314bc161161.jpg

A little bit long for images, but my favorite scene with the characters in the franchise was the conversation they had in Ultimate Spider-Man #13, where Peter decides to let Mary Jane in on his superhero secret. Pretty good writing and really established the relationship dynamics the pair would have through the rest of the series up till the end. It also made the most of the fact that they were high schoolers in this series. (Actually, the whole USM run is a pretty good source if you like scenes with Peter and Mary Jane, but this one stands out to me.)

BANNED

Agreed, Ultimate Spider-Man was awesome.

I really need to read Ultimate Spider-Man, don't I?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Avoid anything after issue #90. But that's my opinion. You don't have to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post
    Avoid anything after issue #90. But that's my opinion. You don't have to listen to it.
    There was some pretty good stuff after #90. I'm not as familiar with the post-Ultimatum stuff, but I think if you want to try it, reading the first 22 trades is probably worth your while; there is a break off point there if you don't want to go on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Yes you do, it is simply amazing, the quality goes down a little after Ultimatum like a user already pointed out, but there are still some good things.
    Everything before Ultimatum (basically issues #1-90) is one of the best runs in the industry of comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Yes you do, it is simply amazing, the quality goes down a little after Ultimatum like a user already pointed out, but there are still some good things.
    Everything before Ultimatum (basically issues #1-90) is one of the best runs in the industry of comic books.
    Ultimatum started in USM #129. The Spider-Man tie-in to it were actually pretty good and had very little to do with the main event (basically Spider-Man reacting to the disaster and trying to help those caught up in it). The Spider-Man installments of "Ultimatum: Requiem" were also really good.

The first story arc in the "Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man" rebranding (the "Revival"/"Revelations" trades) was also pretty good and finished off some unfinished business from the Peter Parker era.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 01-10-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Incredible Member

Ultimate spider-man is what got me into comics. the hardcover of one of the volumes is so simple and perfect all white with slightly faded Ben and Peter with his arm around peter with their back to us. To me it always said "you did it welcome home" then what happened towards the end of Miles run with Peter ruined that and I try to ignore that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Ultimate spider-man is what got me into comics. the hardcover of one of the volumes is so simple and perfect all white with slightly faded Ben and Peter with his arm around peter with their back to us. To me it always said "you did it welcome home" then what happened towards the end of Miles run with Peter ruined that and I try to ignore that.
    To be honest, the end of the Miles run you're referring to was something I really welcomed. While good drama, I think "Death of Spider-Man" wasn't the best choice. I personally found that the "Miles" era ending worked better as a overall cap to the series. But then, Peter Parker dying is an instant dealbreaker for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    To be honest, the end of the Miles run you're referring to was something I really welcomed. While good drama, I think "Death of Spider-Man" wasn't the best choice. I personally found that the "Miles" era ending worked better as a overall cap to the series. But then, Peter Parker dying is an instant dealbreaker for me.
    I enjoyed miles run it was just a certain person returning and never really explained ruined it.. if you're dead stay dead don't bring them back out of nowhere st the end of Miles's series it took the focus off him and took away from the mini series with the funeral etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I enjoyed miles run it was just a certain person returning and never really explained ruined it.. if you're dead stay dead don't bring them back out of nowhere st the end of Miles's series it took the focus off him and took away from the mini series with the funeral etc.
    Like I said, the original death ruined the comic for me, so undoing it was big deal to me. I don't exactly see how it took away from the funeral issues (they did happen and the "guest of honor" was still willing to give his last full measure, regardless of the outcome) and it was never really Miles's comic to begin with, but your mileage may vary. So, if you didn't like it, fair enough. For me, it was the only satisfactory ending the series could've had.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

A little bit long for images, but my favorite scene with the characters in the franchise was the conversation they had in Ultimate Spider-Man #13, where Peter decides to let Mary Jane in on his superhero secret. Pretty good writing and really established the relationship dynamics the pair would have through the rest of the series up till the end. It also made the most of the fact that they were high schoolers in this series. (Actually, the whole USM run is a pretty good source if you like scenes with Peter and Mary Jane, but this one stands out to me.)
    I appreciated the differences in the characters relative to their 616 counterparts. I felt it set them aside in some ways from their mainstream versions. But some days, while Ultimate was an AU, the downward breakdown path to totally killing replacing Ultimate Peter parker left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. T

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I appreciated the differences in the characters relative to their 616 counterparts. I felt it set them aside in some ways from their mainstream versions. But some days, while Ultimate was an AU, the downward breakdown path to totally killing replacing Ultimate Peter parker left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. T
    Yeah, I don't think replacing Peter with Miles was ever a good idea.

BANNED

I didn´t like "Death of Spider-Man" but bringing back Peter Parker for one story arc and then never to see him again is worse.
    (Unless I´m mistaken and Peter did appear again after revealing his resurrection, I wouldn´t know since I stopped reading after that arc)