Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Could Telos & Parallax Be Prisoners of Oz!?

Last we saw of Telos he was left for dead by Zero Hour Parallax, who then later ran off after getting his butt kicked by the current Hal Jordan. So given Rebirth is supposed to deal with Missing Time & Multiverse Mayhem, do you think the two could be prisoners of Oz like Doomsday & Tim Drake are!?
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member

Quite frankly I wouldn't mind if Telos never saw the light of day again. He was serviceable in Convergence, but his own title that spun off of that was underwhelming and not even on the radar of most readers. If anything most readers picked up the last two issues for Parallax. Definitely not one of the better DC You efforts.

As for Halallax, Venditti clearly had a story he wanted to tell after bringing him back for Green Lantern's most recent #50. Had he been allowed to continue the Renegade arc, I'm sure Halallax would have turned up again, and a crossover with Sinestro would have had great potential. His absence in Rebirth is most likely due to it being just over six months now since the initiative started and Venditti focusing on Hal Jordan and the Corps. Trying to bring Hallax back at this stage would be over-egging the pudding, and most likely something better done if, and hopefully when, Hal gets a solo title again (odds are he'll pop up in a couple of years time for the next issue 50).

Astonishing Member

Conversely, I hope they bring up Telos's current whereabouts at some point. Dude's a tragic character who never seems to get anything but the shortest of short ends of all the sticks.

That, and his end at the end of his mini-solo was unsatisfying for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Conversely, I hope they bring up Telos's current whereabouts at some point. Dude's a tragic character who never seems to get anything but the shortest of short ends of all the sticks.

That, and his end at the end of his mini-solo was unsatisfying for me.
    Maybe tying him into the Multiversity stuff Superman is currently doing would be an interesting move. All those different Earths to explore, maybe some sort of penance for making the cities fight each other in Convergence. But at least do something with the character rather than bringing him back for the sake of having him in new material.

I would at the very least like to see Telos Reappear to have his story wrapped up and have him reunited with his family given his series was canceled before that happened.

As for ZH Parallax, my guess is he could pop up at some later point if he ever acquires the "greater power" he feels he needs to defeat Hal.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Last we saw of Telos he was left for dead by Zero Hour Parallax, who then later ran off after getting his butt kicked by the current Hal Jordan. So given Rebirth is supposed to deal with Missing Time & Multiverse Mayhem, do you think the two could be prisoners of Oz like Doomsday & Tim Drake are!?
    I still think New 52 Superman, Superwoman (Lois) and Pandora are prisoners as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Maybe tying him into the Multiversity stuff Superman is currently doing would be an interesting move. All those different Earths to explore, maybe some sort of penance for making the cities fight each other in Convergence. But at least do something with the character rather than bringing him back for the sake of having him in new material.
    I want them to bring Telos back so they can finish what they were doing with him in his solo.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    I would at the very least like to see Telos Reappear to have his story wrapped up and have him reunited with his family given his series was canceled before that happened.
    This, pretty much, is how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    I still think New 52 Superman, Superwoman (Lois) and Pandora are prisoners as well.
    Nah, Nu52 Supes & Lois & deffinantly gone. We saw them basically disinigrate. Tim never really died as Oz just used the explosion caused by the drones as a distraction and yanked him out at the past second.

I personally agree with Supes and Lois, but I don't think Pandora is. I think she's supposed to be analogues to how Manhatten killed Rorschach in Watchmen. Unless they roll with the old (and, I'm pretty sure, unpopular) theory that Manhatten just teleported Rorschach away...