Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    And that could be the case here. Supedad could be revealed to not actually be post-Crisis Superman but instead the Superman before Vynd's messing around, a universe which was almost exactly like the post-Crisis one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I really do hope they bring Vyndktvx and Mr. Myxlptdk into all this. Morrison was so clear about explaining how the New 52 Superman was the Pre-Flashpoint Superman whose life had been rewritten by Vyndktvx that it would be weird to not mention it whenever they reconcile the two versions of Superman.
    Yes and yes. It's a fix that's lying there, ready to be used. And it's not too hard to use it for effects on other heroes in the DC Universe. It feels a lot more "right" than some other solutions....

Say what you will about the changes to Nuperman brought on by Vyndktvx, but they did cause Supes to Grow up early. He was forced to become his own man much earlier, no training wheels needed. He created Superman on his own, his way. A truly self made man just as Lex always goes on about when talking about himself. When put up or Shut up time came he put up Time and Time again. That Why I like him, THE KID HAD MOXIE. That's why I liked the Suit cause "When you have Moxie, you need the Clothes to Match". It was a Uniform, a ceremonial one but still a Uniform and like Ceremonial Armor it was mostly form over function. It looked good but that was it (He still died). Look at the Armor Zod wore, THAT was Armor (No one ever gets on Zod's case about the Armor.). What was he going to use any way they only sent the cape with him this time around and no way was he cutting that up (The S stands for Streaker).

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

You know,when I read that Morrison issue ,I made a mental note of it way back when,but forgot this scene.

Yeah,its probably a coincidence,but I could see them repurposing this as the"fix" to tie everything together. A happy accident.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Say what you will about the changes to Nuperman brought on by Vyndktvx, but they did cause Supes to Grow up early. He was forced to become his own man much earlier, no training wheels needed. He created Superman on his own, his way. A truly self made man just as Lex always goes on about when talking about himself. When put up or Shut up time came he put up Time and Time again. That Why I like him, THE KID HAD MOXIE. That's why I liked the Suit cause "When you have Moxie, you need the Clothes to Match". It was a Uniform, a ceremonial one but still a Uniform and like Ceremonial Armor it was mostly form over function. It looked good but that was it (He still died). Look at the Armor Zod wore, THAT was Armor (No one ever gets on Zod's case about the Armor.). What was he going to use any way they only sent the cape with him this time around and no way was he cutting that up (The S stands for Streaker).
    Well that's all well and good,but outside of Morrison's first arc,which literally NO ONE save Pak followed up on,the way Nuperman was written was standard inconsistent DIDio era Superman. In the end,the only major change from the Superman of before was he wasn't wearing trunks and he was with Wonder Woman. Oh,and like,20 years of stories and world building were tossed away and no attempt to even have a semblance of consistent world building to replace it,which was my problem with Nuperman IMO.

Morrison tried. Perez tried. Pak tried. Hell even Jurgens and Lobdell tried,but nothing stuck.At least now there seems to be an attempt to build a fictional universe for Superman again,but with the current people still in charge as they've been for 13 years I'm honestly not sure it will last.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-09-2017 at 04:28 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Morrison tried. Perez tried. Pak tried. Hell even Jurgens and Lobdell tried,but nothing stuck.At least now there seems to be an attempt to build a fictional universe for Superman again,but with the current people still in charge as they've been for 13 years I'm honestly not sure it will last.
    My thoughts as well. I hated how we got to Rebirth and post-Crisis Superman is my least favorite version ever (in regards to Clark himself, the supporting cast and setting were excellent) but Tomasi has made me a believer.

However, we've seen this sort of thing time and time again. A creative team starts to build something good and then DC pisses it all away. I expect nothing less now. At some point, and likely sooner rather than later, some idiot at DC and/or WB who thinks he knows more than he does will decide to "fix" Superman (again!) and we'll all get screwed (again!).

It's possible that these people have finally learned their lesson, or that someone with a clearer head is being listened to now. But I doubt it. I honestly dont have high expectations for anything Superman with these people in charge. Stuff like Morrison's arc, American Alien, and Tomasi's Superman are happy accidents and a rare gem drifting on a sea of crap that's almost twenty years deep.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    My take? just a coincidence that will be used as a "all planned since the begining"
    I'd forgotten this bit but I could see them working it in with the current stuff. At the time, of course, Morrison was talking about Vyndyktyvx (sp?!?!) but all the talk about 'he broke your life' and 'you'll never know what you've lost'--plus the appearances of Red and Blue--fit perfectly with the current stuff. It would be a waste not to refer back to this.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'd forgotten this bit but I could see them working it in with the current stuff. At the time, of course, Morrison was talking about Vyndyktyvx (sp?!?!) but all the talk about 'he broke your life' and 'you'll never know what you've lost'--plus the appearances of Red and Blue--fit perfectly with the current stuff. It would be a waste not to refer back to this.
    Given that we already have Pandora, Mr. Oz, and Abra Kadabra mixed up in whatever is going on with the changes to history, throwing 5th dimensional imps into the mix wouldn't be out of place.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

The question would then be: what's the point of having Dr. Manhattan, when we have Vyndktvx? It certainly wouldn't be odd, but I just can't see how it would be meaningful.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    The question would then be: what's the point of having Dr. Manhattan, when we have Vyndktvx? It certainly wouldn't be odd, but I just can't see how it would be meaningful.
    The New 52 wiped out more continuity than any other previous multiversal or temporal catastrophe the DCU has ever faced. It makes sense that an event this devastating would require more than one cosmic level being involved.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Krona, the Anti-Monitor, and the Time Trapper don't become involved before this story is finished...

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The New 52 wiped out more continuity than any other previous multiversal or temporal catastrophe the DCU has ever faced. It makes sense that an event this devastating would require more than one cosmic level being involved.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Krona, the Anti-Monitor, and the Time Trapper don't become involved before this story is finished...
    Good point. But it wouldn't be the new 52 alone. Convergence played a big part in this massive universal rewrite (or whatever the hell this mess ends up being).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Clark Kent releases blue energy from his body in the cover of AC #974: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/actio...ion-comics-974

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Clark Kent releases blue energy from his body in the cover of AC #974: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/actio...ion-comics-974

Huh. Could it be that creepy Clark Kent really IS Clark Kent...I.e. Nuperman??? Remember...As alluded to in Morrison's run Nupes also went through an electric blue phase. Perhaps when Nuperman died,he split ...The SUPERMAN RED part of him gave Lana, Nu Lois and Kenan powers and perhaps Blue became a human Clark Kent.... A Clark Kent who has no idea he was ever Superman... And he's just activating his powers...OR Hank Henshaw got bonded to Blue somehow....

Egads this will keep us all guessing! Lol

At least it's more confirmation that my once out there theory that this whole thing is connected to the ElectroSupes Red and Blue saga from the 90s perhaps isn't as crazy as I once thought...

If one of main points of re-launch was to simplify overall set-up so that new (and returning fans) could enjoy some good quality fantasy adventures, can it really be a good move on DC's part to run with two Supermen...and obscure origin of one of them so much that even the most committed and long term fans are guessing about his back story??

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    If one of main points of re-launch was to simplify overall set-up so that new (and returning fans) could enjoy some good quality fantasy adventures, can it really be a good move on DC's part to run with two Supermen...and obscure origin of one of them so much that even the most committed and long term fans are guessing about his back story??
    This was one of the biggest concerns we had heading into Rebirth. The convoluted nature of Superdad's past, combined with his failure to sell through most of the 00's and the Lois & Clark mini (which isn't on the character but how DC handles him) was more than enough for the majority of us to be very worried. And of course they never capitalized on the potential Morrison injected into Nuperman and within a few years drove that from a Top 3 seller to....whatever ranking the books had during Truth.

But I have to wonder if we were, for once, not giving DC enough credit. Tomasi has been great on Superman, and I've heard good things about the other Super-titles except for Action, which people say is bland-to-passable (which is still better than bad). Perhaps DC actually does know what they're doing this time.

After twenty years of watching them screw the character I have my doubts, they've burned us all too many times for me to have any faith in them, but....the optimist in me wants to believe.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Still don't think New Clark is New 52 Superman. There's been a concentrated effort since Final Days to visualize him in accordance to a red energy and the current Superman visualized by blue. Theories abound of course as to what it all means but I can't help but doubt that whatever the answer is, New 52 Superman wouldn't turn blue just because Lana was hit by some of his essence or whatever it was. I mean, there are no rules here, just the rules the writers make, but it just doesn't seem to fit to me nonetheless.

The imagery that gets me most actually is that they're fighting. Once again more perpetration of the idea that this Clark isn't a good guy. So I'm sticking with my guess.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-22-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El