Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

red Supes Converge.jpg
    someone on comicvine pointed out that new 52 Superman had his red lightning thing around his body during Convergence. Don't remember the context, might have been unrelated.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    The New 52 wiped out more continuity than any other previous multiversal or temporal catastrophe the DCU has ever faced. It makes sense that an event this devastating would require more than one cosmic level being involved.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Krona, the Anti-Monitor, and the Time Trapper don't become involved before this story is finished...
    I get the impression that various cosmic level entities are playing chess with the New 52 universe. My guess is that some of them are trying to darken the DC Universe, severing critical relationships like Clark/Lois and friendships like Barry/Wally, while others are trying to re-align it with pre-Flashpoint continuity and save the 'lost years.'

The DCU will eventually need a heroic cosmic entity like the Monitor to explain the stakes to the heroes when the crisis reaches its culmination.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

You might be right. Given this monumental mess, I can perfectly see the Monitor coming in to straighten things up.

I am intrigued by that AC cover, as well as that image posted by FishyZombie.
    Last edited by 666MasterOfPuppets; 01-23-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 666MasterOfPuppets View Post
    You might be right. given this monumental mess, I can perfectly see the Monitor coming in to straighten things up.
    Bringing the Monitor back might be the perfect way to tie up all the Crises up once and for all.

I didn't read Convergence, but if the COIE never happened, then I guess the Monitor would still be hanging around trying to prevent it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Bringing the Monitor back might be the perfect way to tie up all the Crises up once and for all.

I didn't read Convergence, but if the COIE never happened, then I guess the Monitor would still be hanging around trying to prevent it, right?
    Pretty much. As for Convergence, I gave up on trying to make sense of it a long time ago. Apparently, it prevented CoIE from happening, or at least Pre-CoIE Supergirl from dying (dunno about Barry Allen, so...)

BANNED

That AC cover could mean that we get a Superman blue,who turns human when not powered up,and can work along Lana with her red power,and a normal powered superman.

Wow,just wow.

Maybe human Clark can absorb Lana's energy before it kills her,and turn into normal powered nuperman.

Then two Supermen?

Or superdad absorbs nuperman at that point,and absorbs his history right along with his own to be the ultimate superman.

Now did I make that either confusing or head shaking enough for ya? Lol

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    red Supes Converge.jpg
    someone on comicvine pointed out that new 52 Superman had his red lightning thing around his body during Convergence. Don't remember the context, might have been unrelated.
    It's the chronal energy released by Deimos after being killed by Parallax.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I do see both, a clear awareness of the Morrison thread and the likelihood that bringing this up will prompt a "planned this all along " statement that won't entirely reflect the truth. The most interesting thing to me would be what Morrison would be able to confirm, if he cares at all.
    Geoff Johns was quoted recently saying that he was planning Rebirth a few years ago, in the midst of the New 52. Obviously his Superman work was where we first started seeing Oz. I'm betting that he and Morrison had plans as far back as Multiversity. That hand in Multiversity during the Kamandi scene looks and acts just like the hand in Wally's discussion with Barry during Rebirth.

I realize the big cosmic hand has been used forever, specifically with Krona. But the thread from Johns writing Oz into Superman, Morrison's work on Multiversity and the Rebirth one-shot all feel and look very connected to me.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

I've always wondered since Convergence "what did Barry and Supergirl do for years after COIE if they didn't die in that series". But then I think 'Supergirl died in the middle of the story, Barry also, and in Convergence the heroes were sent back to the ending of COIE". My guess, Superman, Parallax, Supergirl, Barry somehow stopped the collapse of the multiverse into a universe but that almost all of the story occurred. Logically I know there's hole in that lol, but we haven't had a story tell/show us what actually happened.

And I highly doubt we will ever get one. Like someone else in this forum said, that's a pretty tall order, and they'd risk messing things up even more.