Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Ultimate Member

Silva was nothing like the Joker besides being psychotic (which is something that quite a few Bond villains have been before anyway), and having a somewhat over elaborate plan (again, a staple of Bond films). He had a VERY specific motivations, unlike The Joker.

Also I liked how they brought Q and Moneypenny back, it was a nice twist on an old formula.

I could have been made ok with "Silva being connected to SPECTRE" if they had explained it better. Like say that Blofeld gave Silva some finances to start up his hacker network, or leak the existence of that jump drive with the names/faces of all the undercover Western agents to Silva, or was just providing some logistical support for Silva behind the scenes. Heck that last one could help address one of the issues that some people had with Skyfall. Namely that Silva seemed to think/plan a little TOO far ahead, and that it wasn't believable that he could pull this all off by himself.

Basically make the "connection" more indirect. It's still about Silva and his plan, and he's doing his own thing. It's just that Blofeld was helping BTS to a degree because Silva succeeding would also help Blofeld and SPECTRE further their agenda. But trying to imply that Silva was a flat-out member of SPECTRE, and that it was all Blofeld's plan, no that just didn't work and made no sense.

But then again, Spectre was just a poorly-written/thought out movie overall imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Quinch View Post
    Movie Bond is a swashbuckling technicolour superhero with an arsenal of sci-fi gadgets who always gets the girl, never gets his suit rumpled, always has a jaunty quip at the ready when despatching an opponent.

.......... Movie Bond is the guy I've wanted to be since I was seven years old.
    I surprised myself a year or two ago when it occurred to ask myself which movie Bond would I want to be? I'd naturally assumed it would be Connery, but with a few seconds thought, it's obviously Moore's Bond. Not only for being more extreme in those traits you mentioned, but also by being both more knowledgeable in all things and closer to the seats of power. To wit, Moore's Bond is the only one I can imagine being capable of taking over M's job should he later (if he could be bothered) wish to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I surprised myself a year or two ago when it occurred to ask myself which movie Bond would I want to be? I'd naturally assumed it would be Connery, but with a few seconds thought, it's obviously Moore's Bond. Not only for being more extreme in those traits you mentioned, but also by being both more knowledgeable in all things and closer to the seats of power. To wit, Moore's Bond is the only one I can imagine being capable of taking over M's job should he later (if he could be bothered) wish to.
    Moore does seem to be the one that gets to have the most fun, with Brosnan being second.

Craig is the only on I can ever see becoming M though. But man, I definitely would not want to be Craig!Bond. That's a rough deal he's got.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian Ink View Post
    I do actually miss the days when Bond was an expert on every subject under the sun. It may not have been realistic but it was part of his unique charm.
    "For ten dollars Jason Statham will f*** an explosion in slow motion while a Slayer song plays in the background." - Patton Oswalt

Ultimate Member

I don't. It got WAY to deus ex machine way too often. There was little tension at lot of the time as a result.

Except Diamonds-

Sir Donald Munger: Tell me, Commander, how far does your expertise extend into the field of diamonds?
    James Bond: Well, hardest substance found in nature, they cut glass, suggests marriage, I suppose it replaced the dog as the girl's best friend. That's about it.
    M: Refreshing to hear that there is one subject you're not an expert on!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth