Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Would you like to see Bruce adopt Cassandra Again?

I kinda miss Bruce and Cassandra's Father - Daughter Relationship. I think it would be cool to have her adopted again in the current continuity.

Tumblr_ltt4qooMOC1qkz9yn.jpg

Her being adopted was always a really nice moment so I would love to see it happen again.

Yes would love that back in continuity.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Yup, I would be very much there for that - with the condition that whoever does it has to write a follow up story, not just drop it and leave.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Maybe we see that during or after LEAGUE OF SHADOWS..

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe we see that during or after LEAGUE OF SHADOWS..
    I really hope we do. Maybe at the end of the arc?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I'd like to see her character's specialties 'repaired' first. This 52 Cass is below average compared to the other bat family members. She has the same difficulties as her pre-flashpoint but now she doesn't maintain the extraordinary strengths either.

I never found Cassandra 'overrpowered' to begin with. She was behind in the technical, detective, and the social skills compared to the rest of the Bat Family. However, in the fighting department, she excelled at it due to the sacrificing other skills in order to get to where she is.

That was the appeal to Cassandra Cain and why she was (and still is) my favorite heroine. How she coped with both her strengths and difficulties.

At the moment, no writer at DC understands her character.

That adoption would have felt more meaningful if it didn't happen in that Beechen Batgirl miniseries. Like are you going to ignore all that terrible characterization for that one moment?

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    That adoption would have felt more meaningful if it didn't happen in that Beechen Batgirl miniseries. Like are you going to ignore all that terrible characterization for that one moment?
    'Swhy I said they can't just drop the story after they adopt her. Like Beechen did.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I wouldn't mind it, but I think we need to see more of Bruce and Cassandra developing a relationship and see more of an impetus for Bruce to adopt her then we have right now.

I also kind of miss Tim being Bruce's adopted son, even if I miss Tim with his dad even more.

It was also always interesting to see Damian so contentious with his legal "siblings" when he was the prodigal son, though I guess we still have that with the Robins to some degree.

Bruce is already the legal guardian (and actual father) of one ninja trained from birth to be an assassin.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 01-08-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

yes, it was the only good thing from Batgirl Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Bruce is already the legal guardian (and actual father) of one ninja trained from birth to be an assassin.
    Damian was long after Cassandra's origin and relationship with Bruce was solidified.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Damian's more 'trained to rule' than just an assassin. Cass was raised to be a living weapon (one of my favourite scenes from her series, though, is when, as a child, she's with Cain and they're looking up at the stars).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Damian was long after Cassandra's origin and relationship with Bruce was solidified.
    Her origin was only solidified little more than a year before Damian and her relationship was never solidified because if it was then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Gotta agree with the other poster that the adoption was an outta nowhere development and it never happened either because R.I.P and everything. Cassandra should simply have been the daughter of Bruce and Shiva outright with Cain just being an imposter. It's what Morrison and Lemire just went ahead and did with Damian and Emiko.

Would a retcon like that really be worth it, though?

Bruce knew of Shiva but they had never met or fought until DitF... having him be Cass' biological father...

He's got enough kids across the timelines