Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well there's always Lineage.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's much easier for NuHumans to leave rather than take over if they don't like it. If they want to be part of an Inhuman group, they can join Ennilux instead, for example. I agree there's some potential, but it feels to me like getting hired to work at McDonald's and then staging a coup and declaring yourself General Manager.
    Moreover its somebody doing that while there's a serial killer specifically targeting McDonald's employees at large.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Well there's always Lineage.
    Good point! He was NuHuman even though his powers were very much rooted in Inhuman history and, well, lineage.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Niffleheim

More like selective history and that is never good for a society.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    More like selective history and that is never good for a society.
    And also the fact that he's a mob boss who's running his Inhuman gang as such.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Good point! He was NuHuman even though his powers were very much rooted in Inhuman history and, well, lineage.
    That is a weird character to read his pre-Inhuman history. Feels like a totally different character and kind of makes you appreciate the character less. It's such an odd transition.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I agree. True we have a couple characters like Synapse and Moon Girl who reject Attilan, but it seems strange to me the no group of Nuhumans who resent Attilan have banded together yet. Instead the primary focus has been Nuhumans who are pro Attilan and seem to enjoy their new roles in life like Iso and Inferno. Though I wonder how much Inferno's tune would change if he realized it wasn't Lash who killed his mother? As far as I know he still doesn't know the truth. But terrigenesis is unpredictable, and not all Nuhumans could just go back to their life like nothing happened after the change, especially if their transformation was very dramatic. And not everyone could realistically avoid the cloud so easily either in the first place if it approached their town. Someone who is poor or disabled, for example, might not be able to just pick up and go. Or how about someone who dreamed of being a superhero and received a mutation that disgusted them? I'd be interested in reading about such individuals. People who were disadvantaged to begin with and now feel worse off because of terrigenesis, and want nothing to do with Attilan, and now aren't really at home in their old lives either, and band together with other individuals in the same boat and try to make the best of things.

It makes no sense to me how the public isn't more outspoken against this cloud going around and potentially transforming or killing their loved ones. A lot of people hate mutants, but reception to Inhumans within the Marvel U has generally been more positive.
    Inferno is IMHO (sry for the pun) a tickin timebomb just waiting to go off.

Astonishing Member

Last I remember, Lineage is currently in a New Attilan prison.

Anyway, most of the NuHumans that are focused on simply gravitated to New Attilan due to circumstance.

Inferno didn't want to have anything to do at first, but he was struggling to except the changes in his life at the time, and he needed someone to take care of his pregnant sister. Over time, he came to become loyal to Medusa who he felt had him and sister's best interests at heart, along with Gorgon as well as the group of NuHumans that joined around the same time that he befriended.

Flint had no where to go. His entire village failed to come out of the cocoon state, and he picked up by Lash. Medusa saved him, and for a time after, he was disillusioned and lost. He thought he was an angsty black teen being brought up by white parents, but didn't know angst until he lost them. He took the longest to come around, but eventually fell in love with his new home and gained strength from a new purposes, thanks to Medusa and especially Gorgon.

Naga, for reasons we still do not know, was more than happy to be a scaly green lizard girl. We don't know what it was, but she had no real love for her old life, and so quickly acclimated upon venturing to New Attilan to start her new life. The rest is her being in the right place at the right time.

Frank was mentioned earlier. He was normal NYPD detective until the mists happened. He was unjustly fired and his wife arbitrarily left him. The only reason he was in New Attilan was because he had nowhere else to go. He would stayed at that bar drinking himself to death were it not for Auran, and the only reason he even went to Medusa was because of what happened to her. Yes, he was apprehensive to Medusa with respect to suddenly treating her as his Queen, but he did gain Medusa's respect over time, and on top of that, he gained a renewed since of the life he had lost. Frank is also not the kind of man who would hold it against New Attilan at heart for what happened to him.

Lastly are Grid and Iso. The latter chose to leave her parents of her own accord, feeling it was simpler that way after the mists changed her. Her path to New Attilan wasn't a straight one, but when she got there, she came to adopt it as her new home. The former went with Medusa initially to gain a hold on his new powers. As seen in Uncanny Inhumans Annual, his position in relation to his homeland is a delicate one, and he torn between his loyalty to the people who helped him when his world turned upside down and his homeland, and in addition, he has shown that he isn't 100% happy with all he does to repay that loyalty to the Inhumans, it's just not to a serious degree that he'd rebel in any way.

So yeah, it mainly comes down to the stories being told and the characters being focused on. Jack, another NuHuman, would be the closest you'd get, and in reality, his issues lie more with his own self hatred than anything to do with Attilan and the Royal Family themselves. Jack was part of a NuHuman hating supremacist group before his "brothers" turned on him for also being an Inhuman. He was saved and brought on board their ship, and eventually given a chance to come around, but never took it due to his own self-loathing. Still, he is a loose end, as he managed to escape to hidden Inhuman weapons cache, so there is a possibility there.

(Please pardon any of my typos.)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLeviathan View Post
    Inferno is IMHO (sry for the pun) a tickin timebomb just waiting to go off.
    He's been out of focus since the Inhuman run that introduced him came to an end, but during that run, especially early on, I would have to agree with that sentiment. It almost seemed like he was becoming some kind of tone-down version of a blood knight, looking for a fight or cause to drown out the feelings from all the drastic changes in his life, especially since he never managed to get a perfect handle on his powers at the time.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-11-2017 at 07:32 AM.