Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Nuhuman leaders?

Speaking objectively does it really make sense for all the Nuhumans popping up to rally behind Attilan and the Royal family? I understand that they seem like a viable option but given how Blackbolt set off the Terrigen Bomb that essentially ruined a lot of these people's lives, how many people do you really think would just accept a stranger coming to their doorstep and basically saying you're one of their subjects now. The T-Cloud has literally destroyed any chance these people had for a normal life, killed roughly half the people exposed to it that weren't strong enough to survive terrigenesis, created a new disease that is actively killing off a small population of the planet, and made everyone exposed into a pariah at best and a target at worst. I understand the Royal Family can offer some protection but in a world filled with superheroes, alien technology, and the like it's not like there isn't an abundance of options for these Nuhumans to choose from.

For that matter I'm kinda surprised that out of all the new Inhumans popping up that nobody has really risen up to take charge and try to rally the rest of the Nuhumans together. I mean I know that people would think that the idea would be a little too close to being just another attempt at an X-Men parody, but doesn't it make sense that there would be people like that surfacing out of such a huge event like this? We already got Lash who for all intensive purposes is the inhuman version of Magneto-slash-Apocalypse and, too a lesser extent, Lineage, who's also been actively recruiting a number of like minded Nuhumans. Where is the Nuhuman equivalent to more altruistic characters like Xavier? Am I the only one that thinks Marvel should try distancing the majority of the Nuhumans from the Royal Family?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The NuHumans associate with New Attilan entirely voluntarily. If they don't like it, they can always return to their previous lives. Those that do join do so because they want to feel a connection to their new culture. That's also why no one else has really rallied them to their leadership. There's no need. If they're not associating themselves with New Attilan, they'd just be off doing their own things.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Some reject New Attilan, like Synapse or Moon Girl.

I admit I have not read all that much of the Inhuman books outside of All-New, but I do think it would be interesting if the Nuhumans, or another group of Inhumans, did kinda form a superhero team who wanted to help the world, but hated/want nothing to do with Attilan or its culture.
    Last edited by Valamist; 01-09-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Well it looks to me like Medusa is grooming Iso for leadership. She's one to keep an eye on.

That said, I think some of the other Nuhumans that wander into New Attilan do so because they've been shunned from their other life and have no where else to go. Look at Frank McGee- he was fired from his job and is now head of New Attilan security. So I guess he's a leader of sorts if you want to look at it that way.

Flint also seems to be heading towards a leadership role. Crystal went to him consistently for advice on several matters. We'll have to see what Ewing has in store for him in Royals - hopefully NOT death.

The new Secret Warriors book coming up might be something like that Valamist. We'll have to wait and see?
    Last edited by Seren; 01-09-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I agree. True we have a couple characters like Synapse and Moon Girl who reject Attilan, but it seems strange to me the no group of Nuhumans who resent Attilan have banded together yet. Instead the primary focus has been Nuhumans who are pro Attilan and seem to enjoy their new roles in life like Iso and Inferno. Though I wonder how much Inferno's tune would change if he realized it wasn't Lash who killed his mother? As far as I know he still doesn't know the truth. But terrigenesis is unpredictable, and not all Nuhumans could just go back to their life like nothing happened after the change, especially if their transformation was very dramatic. And not everyone could realistically avoid the cloud so easily either in the first place if it approached their town. Someone who is poor or disabled, for example, might not be able to just pick up and go. Or how about someone who dreamed of being a superhero and received a mutation that disgusted them? I'd be interested in reading about such individuals. People who were disadvantaged to begin with and now feel worse off because of terrigenesis, and want nothing to do with Attilan, and now aren't really at home in their old lives either, and band together with other individuals in the same boat and try to make the best of things.

It makes no sense to me how the public isn't more outspoken against this cloud going around and potentially transforming or killing their loved ones. A lot of people hate mutants, but reception to Inhumans within the Marvel U has generally been more positive.
    Last edited by Beaubier; 01-09-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Niffleheim

This is why i think i'll never read a Nuhumans book if the culture isn't there - The Mists willing i'll never be tempted.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-09-2017 at 03:20 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I mean New Attilan is good to them. But beyond that most have no other options. Many were rejected by their human societies (Frank, Naja, Grid I think) and the other options like Lash and Ennilux are awful.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

It is true that most NuHumans seem too eager to eschew their previous identity and culture and adopt that of Attilan, and to follow and obey and fight and put their lives at risk for a monarchy they weren't raised to serve...

I mean, if I were to discover that I have English ancestors, I wouldn't move to England and try to become a servant in Buckingham Palace...

Yeah, many of those NuHumans may lack better options, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't question Medusa or Inhuman culture when they speak with each other, or speak about looking for another place to live.

And some of the most deformed NuHumans could resent the Royal Family and the "Terrigen is sacred" Inhuman creed...

I bet many of the more human-looking ones could stay at home, and some of them could get nice jobs thanks to their powers; we should see more of those. We should see some NuHumans who aren't fans of Attilan.

Spectacular Member

I'm hoping that sooner or later, a group of villain against these Nu Human/ Royals WILL have these origin story...

I'm still annoyed that the same thing never happened to those whose mutation got activated by the Phoenix after AVX (as in, they were perfectly happy being normal and thanks to the Avengers/X-Men...their lives are ruined)

Something ala the Victim syndicate in the recent Detective Comic arc at DC is a natural for Inhumans/ Mutants thanks to AVX and Infinity event.

Quote Originally Posted by nitake92 View Post
    I'm hoping that sooner or later, a group of villain against these Nu Human/ Royals WILL have these origin story...

I'm still annoyed that the same thing never happened to those whose mutation got activated by the Phoenix after AVX (as in, they were perfectly happy being normal and thanks to the Avengers/X-Men...their lives are ruined)

Something ala the Victim syndicate in the recent Detective Comic arc at DC is a natural for Inhumans/ Mutants thanks to AVX and Infinity event.
    Totally agree. It's a very interesting story possibility that hasn't seemed to occur to any writer. The whole Nuhuman situation lacks some depth, and I say that as a fan of the characters and the books.

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I don't get why there is this assumption that ALL NuHumans are somehow entirely submissive to the throne. That simply is not the case. Frank McGee refused to bow or consider Medusa his queen originally. Kamala refused Medusa's offer for refuge. And plenty of others opted out for various reasons (like Moon Girl, Glorianna, Synapse, Downer, Mother Bones and Lash's followers, etc.)... also, where's the evidence that roughly half the NuHumans were killed mid-terrigenesis? I can only recall a specific couple, but many more were shown go be killed by the likes of Inhuman purists like Lash.

Still, I would like to see the diverse opinions of Inhumans and NuHumans alike explored more in-depth as well.
    Last edited by redrunner97; 01-09-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    I don't get why there is this assumption that ALL NuHumans are somehow entirely submissive to the throne. That simply is not the case. Frank McGee refused to bow or consider Medusa his queen originally. Kamala refused Medusa's offer for refuge. And plenty of others opted out for various reasons (like Moon Girl, Glorianna, Synapse, Downer, Mother Bones and Lash's followers, etc.)... also, where's the evidence that roughly half the NuHumans were killed mid-terrigenesis? I can only recall a specific couple, but many more were shown go be killed by the likes of Inhuman purists like Lash.

Still, I would like to see the diverse opinions of Inhumans and NuHumans alike explored more in-depth as well.
    That is a good point, but there does not seem to be an exact disregard of the Royal family, or a group challenging them. They type of team I was thinking of actually advertise as an alternative to serving the throne, and the culture it brings. It just seems a little odd to me that so many people, young Nuhumans in fact, seem willing to follow a monarchy that only random biology links them too. I live in the UK, and it seems that as the years go by, more and more younger people have less respect and love for our own royal family. We live in a time where there is a big gap between what the younger generation thinks and the older do (Such as Brexit) and I just think a series tackling that could be interesting, and the Inhumans seem like perfect candidates.

I admit that much of this thinking is probably has more to do with me reading very little of the Inhuman literature. I am sure if I actually sat down and read more Inhuman comics I would probably fall in love with the whole idea of the Royal Family and declare Medusa my Queen!

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

Yeah, I'm living proof that you can love both mutants and Inhumans pretty much equally. It is so much easier being a fan of both than declaring all out war on one or the other.

As far as recent challanges to the throne (like Lash, Capo, Ennilux, Utolan, Maximus, Red Raven, etc.), those threats are very much rooted in the Inhuman world and culture. The NuHumans rising up in Attilan is still an interestig concept though, especially if it's a grassroots thing--not just nuhumans following a full-blood Inhuman's lead.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I think it's much easier for NuHumans to leave rather than take over if they don't like it. If they want to be part of an Inhuman group, they can join Ennilux instead, for example. I agree there's some potential, but it feels to me like getting hired to work at McDonald's and then staging a coup and declaring yourself General Manager.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?