Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I don't think Ben has a thing to do with Spidercide.
    Technically they are brothers given Spidercide is also a clone

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    If he's gonna have a mouth with no nose, I'd rather he be wearing the Carnage symbiote like how Flash wore Venom.

I am glad my boys are gonna make it through the Conspiracy, and I'm stoked for this Ben was my favorite Spiderman back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yup, since they have a history.

You know I'm okay with the costume. YES it needs some tweeks. But I think it'll do for now.

As for Ben.

Finally.

Ben never grabbed me as deserving as his own title. Don't get me wrong. I loved Ben. And I was okay with his death because he was to much like Peter. Sure there were differences, but to me, not enough to justify keeping him around.

This Ben Reilly is different. A lot more baggage. Not totally sane. Drifting lost.

Different than Kaine and Peter.

So now there's a hook. I'm getting this title.

It does help it has one of my favorite writers( Peter David) and artist on it though.

So Peter is regular Spider-Man

Kaine is Dark Spider-Man

Ben is unhinged/crazy Spider-Man?

And will Kaine still go by Scarlet Spider or use another name?

Questions. So many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You think they could get Peter David and Mark Bagley for a Spidercide title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Yeah, that was basically my thinking No way they would fudge a return of one of the franchise`s most popular/controversial characters only for it to be Spidercicle. It may be a plot, it may even be a storyarc in the book. But the end result isn`t anything other than the Ben Reilly for the new readership.
    But don't forget this new series is (no pun intended) spinning out developments from Dan Slott's The Clone Conspiracy. And the whole concept being argued in that story is that since the clones have the same DNA and retain all the memories up to the point the original died, they might as well be that person brought back to life. So whether or not Ben Reilly/Jackal/AnubisHead/Ben27 is also Spidercide 2.0 may not make any difference as far as Peter David is concerned. After all, PAD did place a lot of emphasis on how Ben is struggling with his sense of identity, which would be another, and appropriate, angle to the question of whether or not a person is more than just their DNA and collective memories.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

It is amazing how just getting rid of the mouth and keeping the hood down improves the look no end.

Still despite being a big Ben fan, I'm not looking forward to this, the premise is basically Ben's life before becoming Spider-man, full of angst and chased by Kaine, and of course the costume which looks like Spidercide cosplaying as Spider-Gwen
    Wow what a difference! You made the new look work, but I still prefer the original suit
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Incredible Member

There's a slim possibility I might give this a couple of issues just out of blind devotion to the character but i very seriously doubt i'm going to be in this for the long haul. The creative team is the one good thing this has going for it but great writing and art can only carry a bad concept so far and to me the concept is not very good/intriguing.

We shall see i suppose.

Wow. First they brought back Ben Reilly, now they're giving him his own book. I'll admit, I'm intrigued.

Kaine's Scarlet Spider title lasted 25 issues, so I'm willing to bet this makes it past 30, but we'll see. With the regular Amazing Spider-Man title, Renew Your Vows, Miles Spider-Man and now Scarlet Spider - I don't think the industry can support this many Spidey titles.

RIP: Spider-Woman, Silk and Spider-Man 2099.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Agent of Wolfram & Hart View Post
    Wow what a difference! You made the new look work, but I still prefer the original suit
    Thanks, Ben's first costume is great, but personally I prefer his Spidey Costume.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    Wow. First they brought back Ben Reilly, now they're giving him his own book. I'll admit, I'm intrigued.

Kaine's Scarlet Spider title lasted 25 issues, so I'm willing to bet this makes it past 30, but we'll see. With the regular Amazing Spider-Man title, Renew Your Vows, Miles Spider-Man and now Scarlet Spider - I don't think the industry can support this many Spidey titles.

RIP: Spider-Woman, Silk and Spider-Man 2099.
    I think that Silk and 2099 are probably going to go eventually if not now, because of sales, but at the same time I don't think Spider-Woman is and I don't think that the market can't sustain so many spider-titles. They just need to be more popular characters in general, like the other books - ASM, RYV, SM, SS, and SG - are.

If they want to actually increase the Spider-line it's time to give us a Black Cat title. Have it replace Silk. Let someone fix Felicia. Please Marvel.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Thanks, Ben's first costume is great, but personally I prefer his Spidey Costume.
    Without a doubt, the two coolest Spidey looks are Ben's Scarlet costume and his Spider-Carnage look.

-Pav, who gives the slight edge to the Scarlet costume because of how awesome it looks juxtaposed with Pete's Spidey suit...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

That is one ugly costume.

They can't be serious with the costume right?

Amazing Member

Lets see, I still believe this is not Ben. Why would they tell us about the costume and the fate of Ben and Kaine so soon?