Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

I'm a big Ben fan. I love that he's back, despite the like/dislike of his return. So far, I am digging the new costume, though I dont know how I feel on the 'return' to the classic Scarlet costume by end of the first arch.

So has it been revealed what city that Reilly will be based in?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So has it been revealed what city that Reilly will be based in?

No, they haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    Honestly though, we've had enough reminders of his inhumanity.
    No, we haven't!

Seriously though, I don't think you can expect more "Phantom of the Opera" Kaine with the over-the-top dialogue that was sonetimes given to him in the 90s Clone Saga. And in fact, now that he's had the opportunity to live an actual life, it makes the return of his degeneration all the more tragic. Before, he really had nothing to lose: death was almost welcome. But now? There's potentially much more drama to mine.

-Pav, who has never had a comic jam things down this throat...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    No, we haven't!

Seriously though, I don't think you can expect more "Phantom of the Opera" Kaine with the over-the-top dialogue that was sonetimes given to him in the 90s Clone Saga. And in fact, now that he's had the opportunity to live an actual life, it makes the return of his degeneration all the more tragic. Before, he really had nothing to lose: death was almost welcome. But now? There's potentially much more drama to mine.

-Pav, who has never had a comic jam things down this throat...
    Although I see where you're coming from, I really don't wan the degeneration to come back. I can't deal with more tragedy being geared towards Kaine. He's got a ton to lose, but there are still too many stories left to tell... I think we'll find out for sure in the this week's issue, or in Omega. Maybe Ben will cook him up a new body haha

BANNED

Reading ASM#24 I have to say, it`s balsy and there`s premise I like. It`s "ugly" and raw but a man who was repeatadly dead and reborn multiple times it kind of makes sense. Whoever reads it will know what I mean.

Looking forward for the road back to the Hoodie for Ben.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Reading ASM#24 I have to say, it`s balsy and there`s premise I like. It`s "ugly" and raw but a man who was repeatadly dead and reborn multiple times it kind of makes sense. Whoever reads it will know what I mean.

Looking forward for the road back to the Hoodie for Ben.
    I read it and thought it suck. Ben is just another kaine literally.

BANNED

Nope.

It`s actually a more ambitious claim since he`s actually doing something Kaine never did.

Astonishing Member

Well, I would like to believe that Miles Warren is no more, but considering past experiences, do you actually believe it?

It's really sad what happened to Ben. Funny. When he was blond, we could see he was "pure"; but now?, he seems as corrupted as Kaine was once.

So, Ock escaped with the new clone body, which is probably a way to bring back the Superior Spider-Man? Well, since this time we are talking about a clone, I can accept that.

Spectacular Member

Nope.

It`s actually a more ambitious claim since he`s actually doing something Kaine never did.

He lsbstill degenerating like kaine. And how did Otto get to the proto body first? In the one panel Ben was closest to it.

Nope.

Attempted mass murder of the entire world for their own good?

Yep, Kaine never did that.

BANNED

Rather than going on a debate about defining whether it was for "his own good" or the greater good in Ben`s eyes I`ll just point the second most obvious thing Kaine never did: factually rejecting either the Jackal or his Parker side or both as Ben just did.

Even back then when he first returned Ben often would find solace from Peter`s memories to build his persona. This time he does no such thing because Peter`s memories (besides not being his own, debate) are the openly direct source of the phsycological and physical abuse that he has taken over the years. Jackal as usual, when pushed, resorts back with blatant family abuse over his perfect son rejection (Ben: " I don`t need you") but this time there`s no Parker kindness to bail him out. Kaine would never do it because deep down he wouldn`t mind approval or validation from his "father".

By rejecting both schools on a ethical level all Ben has is his own man and now he`s gonna learn what that man is about. To me it makes an interesting place and balsy as far as premise goes.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 02-22-2017 at 04:10 PM.

I don't think this guy is really Ben. It will eventually be reveal that he is just a clone of Ben. But the genuine Ben Reilley is dead. Anyway, do you think they will pull a "Superwoman" with this book?

I suppose it's too much to hope for Ben to go back to his job at the Grind?
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I don't think this guy is really Ben. It will eventually be reveal that he is just a clone of Ben. But the genuine Ben Reilley is dead. Anyway, do you think they will pull a "Superwoman" with this book?
    what happened with superwoman?