Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider Series from Peter David and Mark Bagley

Incredible Member

They mention it takes place in a city marvel has been before but never fully explored so I'm curious where they will be.

Extraordinary Member

Would much rather Kaine.

Spectacular Member

Really great news. I'm glad both Ben and Kaine will be in this series. I'm so glad that Ben is back.

iMan 42s

When the Jackal mentioned Spidercide 2.0 I didn't think it would be that.

I'm glad Ben is back but that costume just doesn't sit right with me.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

It looks like they combined his old outfit with Spider-Gwen's (the hood!) and the Iron Spider (the spider emblem)?

Mighty Member

I wonder if Ben will run into his old lover from spider Man lost year's.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    They mention it takes place in a city marvel has been before but never fully explored so I'm curious where they will be.
    That caught my attention as well. I'd love to see what they end up doing. Chicago and Philadelphia are two obvious choices to me (Philly could almost work thematically as it's often viewed as a "lesser New York."). Kaine had a book in Houston, right? Honestly, this city thing is the most interesting one to me. That and the creative team.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That caught my attention as well. I'd love to see what they end up doing. Chicago and Philadelphia are two obvious choices to me (Philly could almost work thematically as it's often viewed as a "lesser New York."). Kaine had a book in Houston, right? Honestly, this city thing is the most interesting one to me. That and the creative team.
    How about Detroit.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Would much rather Kaine.
    At least he has a role in the title.

Definitely interested in the title. I'll have to make a decision on what to drop for this if I do decide to try it. Unless Spider-Man 2099 gets cancelled which would make it easier to decide LOL. At least I have April.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I like the costume and the concept but the smile on the mouth is putting me off a lot.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I'm wondering how ben reilly is going to go back to being a super hero, after being proven to be a top notch geneticist in the clone conspiracy, not to mention that he seems to be a bit unbalanced here. How is he going to pull it all together?

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

I'd prefer Kaine, at least he's not dead.
    Which pretty much spoils clone conspiracy but when was the last time Marvel didn't spoil their own event?
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I like the costume and the concept but the smile on the mouth is putting me off a lot.
    LOL Yeah, that smile is a bit weird isn't it coming to think of it. Didn't notice that until I read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    I'd prefer Kaine, at least he's not dead.
    Which pretty much spoils clone conspiracy but when was the last time Marvel didn't spoil their own event?
    Yeah, Marvel seem to love spoiling their own events don't they?

Incredible Member

I didn't think I would be lucky enough to get Ben back in a Scarlet Spider series and having Kaine to is an added bonus (if there's anyway to bring back some of the supporting cast from Kaine's solo series, that would be awesome).

I also love that its coming out in my Birth month. This is the Birthday present I have wanted since the 90s!

The costume will take some getting used to but with this creative team I fail to see how it can not be excellent.

Cheers.

James.