Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

The Costume... I don't know what's worse... The hood, the belt, the smile or the camel toe...

The layout of Detroit isn't like NYC at all. Not remotely. Web swinging would be useless beyond the core of downtown.

I seem to recall the "Lost Years" mini focusing on Ben interacting in the Pacific Northwest: Seattle, Portland, something. Or maybe that was the first mini where Peter and MJ moved out that way.

I have no quarrel with Mark Bagley as an artist, but the visible smirk is a bizarre conceit. Is this some kind of "smart cloth" that totally clings to his face and lips? Never mind.

With the original ScarSpi outfit, he had the sweatsuit top but the hood really didn't cover his head at all, it just hung there. Also, if he's web swinging and moving/acrobatics, I don't see how it is going to "stay put" at all. Same with Gwen, really.

BANNED

Personally, I'm not understanding the fuss about the costume. I think it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Personally, I'm not understanding the fuss about the costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'm just happy to know that not only Kaine didn't return only to die once more, but also that he will have an active and big role on a book. This is great.
    yeah, i had a feeling that the usual fan panic wouldn't play out.
    troo fan or death

I'll ignore the costume discussion since the majority of people have expressed my views on the matter.

I too believe this has something to do with "Spidercide 2.0", which would be a pretty grim and undesirable twist, but I'll trust PAD's writing. Plus, more Kaine!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Personally, I'm not understanding the fuss about the costume. I think it looks great.
    I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Lots of thoughts and feelings here, folks.

Gotta say, though: I think Slott decided - just as I did years ago - that the way to bring back Ben is to actually bring back Spidercide.

I mean, that costume! It's the only explanation.

-Pav, who is more excited than anything...
    yeah, i remember we discussed how we both came up with similar ideas for ben's return. i had an amnesiac spidercide return thinking he was ben. it was the only fan fic i've ever written, it used be hosted on a ben reilly fan page, which i think shut down since.

considering all the elements and dangling threads from the 90s saga, it seems like a fairly natural idea
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
    that's the sensational scarlet cametoe to you
    troo fan or death

Perhaps this is what we'll get:

Ben is actually somehow Spidercide (too) and being manipulated by Miles Warren. Kaine helps to save him, but then this new version of Ben Reilly runs off, confused about who he is. He's presented as both a continuation of Ben Reilly and, paradoxically, a new character who is struggling with his identity, which explains why he isn't as sure of himself as Ben was/became during the Clone Saga. But, luckily for the more unsure Ben in the here and now, he has his older brother to watch over him - Kaine.

If so? Man, Slott's ideas will be pretty dang similar to the stories I wrote in my head over the years about bringing back Ben. The main difference is I would've had Spidercide try to replace Peter before "taking over" as Ben. But I liked Slott's Swanky Jackal.

-Pav, who would've given Ben the Carnage symbiote in his version though...
    Last edited by Pav; 01-09-2017 at 04:37 PM.
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    yeah, i remember we discussed how we both came up with similar ideas for ben's return. i had an amnesiac spidercide return thinking he was ben. it was the only fan fic i've ever written, it used be hosted on a ben reilly fan page, which i think shut down since.

considering all the elements and dangling threads from the 90s saga, it seems like a fairly natural idea
    Ah, yes. The amnesiac Spidercide idea was a cool one!

What do you think is going on with Ben in Clone Conspiracy, boots? If this is somehow both Ben and Spidercide, what exactly is the situation?

-Pav, who can't wait to find out what the deal is...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.

--------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Perhaps this is what we'll get:

Ben is actually somehow Spidercide (too) and being manipulated by Miles Warren. Kaine helps to save him, but then this new version of Ben Reilly runs off, confused about who he is. He's presented as both a continuation of Ben Reilly and, paradoxically, a new character who is struggling with his identity. But, luckily for him, he has his older brother to watch over him - Kaine.

If so? Man, Slott's ideas will be pretty dang similar to the stories I wrote in my head over the years about bringing back Ben. The main difference is I would've had Spidercide try to replace Peter before "taking over" as Ben. But I liked Slott's Swanky Jackal.

-Pav, who would've given Ben the Carnage symbiote in his version though...
    even if he is a ben reilly hybrid, spidercide would still have to account for all the...y'know...murder
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    even if he is a ben reilly hybrid, spidercide would still have to account for all the...y'know...murder
    Yes indeed.

He killed that whole town with Jackal's Carrion Virus, which is what connected Scarlet Spider to the New Warriors in the first place.

Hm. Curiouser and curiouser.

-Pav, who loved Scarlet as a New Warrior...

--------------------

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

I think the city should be Salt Lake City. Both Ben and Kaine have history there. It's a city that's been touched on but not developed. In addition to the already mentioned supporting cast, you'd have Jacob Raven and possibly a freed Elizabeth Tyne/Janine Godbe (and for a twist, how about a New U resurrected Louise Kennedy)?

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

I'm glad this title is happening but hopefully this movement takes off https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...s-new-costume/
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8