Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

A waste of a great creative team that could take the reins on ASM, IMO. Terrible costume design, and another spider-character that makes Peter less unique...
    As a fan of Kaine I just hope he gets a better role in the book than just being a secondary character

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    A waste of a great creative team that could take the reins on ASM, IMO. Terrible costume design, and another spider-character that makes Peter less unique...
    As a fan of Kaine I just hope he gets a better role in the book than just being a secondary character
    It's certainly a great team and from a quality point of view there's no worries IMHO. Big fan of Peter David's work and he seems to have an excellent handle on Kaine (from the CBR article), so that's no worry.

For what it's worth, I've got to agree too with the general consensus. The hood is iconic for Reilly but it doesn't fit quite right with this costume. The forearm strands look a bit odd too. We may get used to it though and it may change/adapt as time goes on but the uniform response (well, what you get on the Internet anyway) has been surprising.

What we know of the title is certainly an interesting twist on the Lost Years. Ben was the one being chased by the monster (Kaine) and to some extent that has flipped around with this new title. The issue I'm having is that I actually care far less about Ben Reilly as a character after all this time and after we've had Yost's Kaine (+supporting cast). I suspect I'll be rooting for Kaine.
    Last edited by Chobbly; 01-10-2017 at 04:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he would be the fourth what with Miguel also being a Spider-Man in 616 (sometimes) .

Franky, with all of Marvel's doubling-up, I wouldn't be surprised if we have two active Scarlet Spiders eventually.
    Or tripling up, as they seem to be doing with Captain America right now LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by George Ndebele View Post
    Why did they change Ben's costume? is it because of his new nature? i thought ben's original hooded costume was one of the best superhero costumes but oh well.....
    Toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    I like the costume and the concept but the smile on the mouth is putting me off a lot.
    Reminds me of Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Or tripling up, as they seem to be doing with Captain America right now LOL.
    Quadrupling. Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Danielle Cage, Roberta Mendez.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quadrupling. Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, Danielle Cage, Roberta Mendez.
    Ah yes, I'd forgotten about Danielle Cage. Thanks for the reminder

So I quite like the costume, tho I'm not sure why they wouldn't stick with the orginal or even a variant on Kaine's suit.
    The belt is more Ant-man then Scarlet Spider tho. And the angle on the cover makes the hoodie part seem off, so down would be better. Curious if the mouth thing has a story reason or if it's just freaky :')

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    At least for now Ben isn't really a villain in the Clone Conspiracy. He's the antagonist, sure but his motives are honourable. Not to mention I'm reasonably sure that there will be 'real' villain that will emerge in the story. Doesn't one of the upcoming covers show Spider-Man and Ben-Jackal fighting with a traditional Jackal looking very villain-y in the background?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ben hasn't actually killed anyone. He stopped short of killing Miles Warren and then cloned him. The villains he's trying to reform have killed people but Ben himself hasn't actually killed anyone, the people he's brought back were already dead.

Now all this being said I think it's little disappointing to have the character come back this way. I suppose it was unrealistic since even with Marvel's sliding timescale Ben has been dead a long time but as a fan of Ben's time as Spider-Man I was hoping he'd somehow reconnect with his supporting cast and get adventures like we had during his Spider-Man era. I suppose the idea of Ben being damaged by his time being tortured by the Jackal makes sense as a premise for a series.
    If I recall, he was sicking villains on people. Like Lady Electro killing regular Electro. And also Prowler's death and resurrection with the drug dependency. So while Jackal wasn't killing anybody himself, he was behind it, so if that is truly Ben in those scenes, he's got work to do for that redemption nonetheless.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    If I recall, he was sicking villains on people. Like Lady Electro killing regular Electro. And also Prowler's death and resurrection with the drug dependency. So while Jackal wasn't killing anybody himself, he was behind it, so if that is truly Ben in those scenes, he's got work to do for that redemption nonetheless.
    In fairness though I don't think Ben can be blamed for regular Electro's death can he?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That smile is gonna give me nightmares though.

Amazing Member

It is related to Spidercide somehow, for sure.

Spectacular Member

I don't think Ben has a thing to do with Spidercide.

BANNED

The belt being more Ant-Man than Spiderman actually works. Ben was always more pragmatic than Peter when it came to manipulate webbing in different ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by vhm74 View Post
    If that`s your issue, rest assured. Peter was never written dealing trauma the way Ben ever was and the trend seems to continue.

If he's gonna have a mouth with no nose, I'd rather he be wearing the Carnage symbiote like how Flash wore Venom.