Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spider-Man story kicking off with Free Comic Book Day

Marvel's Free Comic Book Day special seems like it will kick off two big stories. The first is Secret Empire, which seems to be the endgame for the Hydra Cap epic. The second is Spider-Man related.

Any speculation?

It's probably not tied to Scarlet Spider, since that has a prelude in the Clone Conspiracy Omega one-shot.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Maybe something Norman Osborn related? Dude has been pretty lowkey and hasn't been part of a major storyline since the end of Superior Spider-Man.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Could be leading us into a relaunch of ASM. A Peter Parker: The Spider-Man series to run alongside the newly announced Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider, like the two current Cap series?

Maybe, yeah. ASM would become Peter Parker: The Amazing Spider-Man. Likewise, they could (and should) rename the other Spider-Man book Miles Morales: Spider-Man, though that could just be a slight logo change without a renumbering.

Well played, Marvel, putting Secret on that cover. The Guardians one used different wording for it's classified backup.

Well, the last FCBD story teased Clone Conspiracy, so I imagine whatever this is would either tease Slott's next big story (with Osborn) or the likely relaunch around the time of Homecoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    Could be leading us into a relaunch of ASM. A Peter Parker: The Spider-Man series to run alongside the newly announced Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider, like the two current Cap series?
    And then PAD would be writing both Scarlet Spider and the main book ?

Probably too much to ask for, but a guy can dream .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Maybe something Norman Osborn related? Dude has been pretty lowkey and hasn't been part of a major storyline since the end of Superior Spider-Man.
    Osborn seems to be back in Amazing #25-28, which is likely to predate the FCBD story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Lol i see everyone hyped up about peter while this could be a miles thing

They would've used his logo if it was. The logo they used belongs to Peter and Miguel.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I think it might be related to Ben. I mean, they just had an event to bring him back so it would make sense to me for this to be related to him. Probably completely wrong though LOL. My other guess is that it's to do with that story about the Green Goblin that we know is coming up soon.

BANNED

Isn't 2017 the 10th anniversary of OMD. Surely Marvel doesn't want to miss that event.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Isn't 2017 the 10th anniversary of OMD. Surely Marvel doesn't want to miss that event.
    I'll be surprised if they touched on it but I can't rule it out so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Could also have something to do with this ''Spider-Men'' thing that Bendis is supposedly working on.

No more. Please for the love of all that is Spidery let this demon rest.

I beg you universe.

Unless it's to retcon it and say it never happened and Peter and Mary Jane have been divorced/marriage annulled all this time.

Then I'm okay with digging up the demon.

What would you do, if you had ONE MORE-ER DAY?!?!?

Unless they're planning to undo it, I think Marvel would be best of leaving it alone; it's one of the most hated comics in the franchise and I can't see dredging it up again doing anyone any favors.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I doubt that they ever will do anything about it, even if Parker and Watson get together. It just won't be mentioned. It's one of those really big steaming pile of stupid moments such as babies turning out to be the essence of Mephisto himself or someone getting an "extra life" from Thanos.