Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Isn't 2017 the 10th anniversary of OMD. Surely Marvel doesn't want to miss that event.
    The entire comic is just a two-page spread of Mephisto laughing
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless they're planning to undo it, I think Marvel would be best of leaving it alone; it's one of the most hated comics in the franchise and I can't see dredging it up again doing anyone any favors.
    Well Marvel already brought up previous events in Secret Wars, Infinity and even Inhumans vs X-men. What makes you think that OMD isn't on their list ?

I mean Secret Wars had minis based on PREVIOUS Marvel events.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zevad View Post
    No more. Please for the love of all that is Spidery let this demon rest.

I beg you universe.

Unless it's to retcon it and say it never happened and Peter and Mary Jane have been divorced/marriage annulled all this time.

Then I'm okay with digging up the demon.

Spider-man and Deadpool mentioned it...it's bound to come back sooner or later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I doubt that they ever will do anything about it, even if Parker and Watson get together. It just won't be mentioned. It's one of those really big steaming pile of stupid moments such as babies turning out to be the essence of Mephisto himself or someone getting an "extra life" from Thanos.
    It was already mentioned in Spider-man and Deadpool as Mephisto makes an appearance in the early issues of the series.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

It was already mentioned in Spider-man and Deadpool as Mephisto makes an appearance in the early issues of the series.
    It was a joke dream, that he woke up from with a birthday gift from Deadpool telling him he isn't really alone. That doesn't prove that the free comic will be what you say. Unless the comic magically marries MJ and Peter together, I doubt it. Look I have tugged on the chain for a while, I am not throwing high expectations on it happening. Marvel with OMD pretty much gave the message that they will confine the marriage and child or children to AUs, and that's what I have gotten from all these years anyways.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 01-11-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Isn't 2017 the 10th anniversary of OMD. Surely Marvel doesn't want to miss that event.
    A free comic is a gimmick to encourage people to buy. Marvel knows how much even the people who like and enjoy the current canon spider-man generally despise the individual story. It is much more likely going to tie in to the upcoming story arc or relaunch status quo. On another note, if ASM or RYV were doing terrible, sure, that would be justification enough to pull a merger/retcon, but currently, the two give a good combined income stream, so unlikely right now, then there is this free comic already planned in advance. Maybe it is a setup for what will happen to Ben after CC.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

Nope. Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #2 (let alone #1) will be out before Free Comic Book Day!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Chicken View Post
    The entire comic is just a two-page spread of Mephisto laughing
    LMAO! With Quesada sitting next to him with a beer in his hand as they share a joke