Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

Makes me want to dig further into the Shadow King's stories, I'm only familiar with him from the brief time he appeared in Xforce and some of the other more recent Xmen books. They mentioned in the Classic Xforce run he destroyed Muir island, I'm curious about the story now

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    Makes me want to dig further into the Shadow King's stories, I'm only familiar with him from the brief time he appeared in Xforce and some of the other more recent Xmen books. They mentioned in the Classic Xforce run he destroyed Muir island, I'm curious about the story now
    I would recommend Uncanny X-Men #117 where he has a cool astral plane battle with Xavier and then some of his later appearances.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

This is a a well done show.

Kinda wish Warner/DC would "borrow" some ideas from it and make a ridiculously cool Doom Patrol tv series.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I would recommend Uncanny X-Men #117 where he has a cool astral plane battle with Xavier and then some of his later appearances.

I wonder if the eyes at the end of the show was a nod to the 1st appearance?

Finally!

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Since the Hallers are his adoptive family, I'm guessing they are going down the Ultimate route and make Moira Mactaggert is his mother.

Glad you all are enjoying. After last weeks very good episode, we are back in David's head (or his mind created dream state) for more self indulgent bullshit.
    I was so bored this whole episode. Let's show lots of clever scenes while we reveal nothing, and don't progress the story.
    Maybe the show is not for me.
    At least next week looks like shit finally happens.

I'm wondering who all those other people in the fake Clockworks are.
    Aubrey Plaza definitely deserves an Emmy nod.

Incredible Member

Man, I love watching this show blunted

Quote Originally Posted by Reservoir Dog View Post
    Man, I love watching this show blunted
    Maybe that is what is missing for me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Glad you all are enjoying. After last weeks very good episode, we are back in David's head (or his mind created dream state) for more self indulgent bullshit.
    I was so bored this whole episode. Let's show lots of clever scenes while we reveal nothing, and don't progress the story.
    Maybe the show is not for me.
    At least next week looks like shit finally happens.
    We must be watching different shows, because this week absolutely progressed the story. It did so quietly, in the beats between the diver and the group, as well as pretty much everything in this episode that centers on Syd. True, David's personal story paused, because David himself has paused. This is the life David would be happy with, until Syd disappears from it. This is what victory for Lenny looks like, and she would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    I'd agree with Dark Knight 1047's recommendation of Uncanny X-Men #117, and I'd follow it up with the New Mutants Classic trade paperback #4 (if you can find it for a decent price), which contains the story that introduces Legion (New Mutants vol 1 #26-28) and the second appearance of Amahl (Shadow King) Farouk (New Mutants vol 1 #29-34).

Amazing Member

This show is so unapologetically bizarre. I love it. I'm excited every week for the next episode. Also, it's probably one of the most consistently beautifully shot television shows I've seen in some time. Noah Hawley and FX has got something special with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I'd agree with Dark Knight 1047's recommendation of Uncanny X-Men #117, and I'd follow it up with the New Mutants Classic trade paperback #4 (if you can find it for a decent price), which contains the story that introduces Legion (New Mutants vol 1 #26-28) and the second appearance of Amahl (Shadow King) Farouk (New Mutants vol 1 #29-34).
    Thirded. Hawley seems to have drawn more inspiration from the early Legion stories (New Mutants classic #4) in particular. There's a theory floating around that Syd is actually just a memory (integrated into David's mind) and that she exhibits different personalities with one being similar to Cyndi from the early New Mutants run(#26-28). Complete with conspiracy details about Syd's red-orange ascot/scarf (like Cyndi's trademark red bandana) which appears and disappears during the early episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    We must be watching different shows, because this week absolutely progressed the story. It did so quietly, in the beats between the diver and the group, as well as pretty much everything in this episode that centers on Syd. True, David's personal story paused, because David himself has paused. This is the life David would be happy with, until Syd disappears from it. This is what victory for Lenny looks like, and she would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!
    I can see it not being a perfect fit for everyone.